Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hi guys,
I got my passport with immigraion visa stamped. I will goto to Canada this month. Do i have to carry Original documents(like Birth certificate, Education Certificate)?
Unfortunately I don't have it with me now(everyting in India) . Is it a problem when i enter into canada or when apply health card?

Thanks,
Esskaybos

FromEast

Hi FromEast,
No, I havn't heard anything. I was given to understand that since I have an HRDC job validation, I might get my landed status faster-but no such lick. If anything it is taking longer.
It has been 3 and a half months since initial assessment and 20 months since I applied.They do not give any answer over the phone.

I am just curious if I can call or fax someone/someplace in Buffalo to know the status. Has any one asked and received an answer?
Satish

Need advice from gurus...

Gurus,

I've applied for immigration on 16th Oct 2001.

Initial assessment : Jan 07 2002
Medicals sent and asked to complete in 6 months in Feb 02.
Asked for FBI, Degree, Etc in FEB of 02 itself to be mailed within 90 days of the receipt of the letter.

I didn't send anything till now. Now, I am planning to revive the processing once again ....

Well!! My question is .... Can I do it ? Is it possible ?? Will I be allowed to do it ? What should I do or write or request if I have a chance to revive it ... Please suggest.....

Any input is appreciated....... Please help....

- Jha

Please help

I applied on April 30th 2002 and still havent heard anything except for the receipt and file number.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Are there any more pending april 02 cases?

What should I do?

Your responses will be deeply appreciated.

Re: Please help

How about you fax CIC Buffalo stating since they are currently assessing June 2002 applicatoin, and you applied in April 2002, you are requesting a status update of your application !

Originally posted by americanada
I applied on April 30th 2002 and still havent heard anything except for the receipt and file number.

What should I do?

Re: Please help

to americanada

Sometimes buffalo (for whatever reason) gets little lazy sending initial assessment letters out once they have them ready. For example I applied mid April 2002 and got my initial assessment late September 2002, even though the letter was dated July 15th 2002. So, if your status is still in process that’s good news. Maybe they already had your initial assessment completed, but they didn't mail the letter out to you yet. As others has suggested, faxing then an inquiry about your status won’t hurt. But the fact that you didn't get anything from them yet is still good news.

Hope you hear good news from them soon.

Originally posted by americanada

What should I do?

Thanks and any april 2002 cases out there...

Hi stranger1 and 7860, Thanks very much for your quick responses. I will try faxing them to find out the status.

Does anyone know of any pending April 02 cases?

Mailbox instead of an Address in Canada

Can we give a Mail Box number in canada instead of a permanent address while applying for a PR card after landing.

Hello gurus
I am new to this thread.I have applied for canada GC in Jan'03.I have received receipt #.Can any one tell how long will it take to get response from CIC requesting any additional info.

Thanks

Guys,

I was checking the e-status tracking on the CIC website, it says my case status is: In Process

And in the detail page it says: We started processing your application on August 11, 2003

Would that mean they start the process already or does it mean I am in the queue since August 11?

Originally posted by h1h4
Hello gurus
I am new to this thread.I have applied for canada GC in Jan'03.I have received receipt #.Can any one tell how long will it take to get response from CIC requesting any additional info.

Thanks

As they must have mentioned in receipt#, expect to receive an initial accessment within 52 weeks, if you go through the excel sheet for tracker, seems like its taking 10-11 month time now.

Hello Friend:

Congrats for the achievement. I crossed the border (near Niagra Falls on Aug 30th 2003). All they asked is:

1) Where are we (I and my wife) are headed in Canada
2) Proof of funds (around $15000 US for both of us, I guess the amount is correct, You may check it again)
3) the papers that comes along with your stampped passport)

It takes few minutes at the border to cross.

To aply for a health card in Canada, your birth certificate is not required.

Hope this helps.

regards,
skm005

Originally posted by esskaybos1
Hi guys,
I got my passport with immigraion visa stamped. I will goto to Canada this month. Do i have to carry Original documents(like Birth certificate, Education Certificate)?
Unfortunately I don't have it with me now(everyting in India) . Is it a problem when i enter into canada or when apply health card?

Thanks,
Esskaybos

No, u can not submit the passport in different times. I think it is written on the white sheet of information paper that comes with your stampped passport.
regards,
SKM005

Originally posted by venkatram
Thanks for the reply Fizalk.

How about sending the passports at different times. My wife has gone to india and by the time she comes back my visa(h1-b) is expiring and I need to apply for the extension. Can i send my passport for stamping first then send her passport later when she lands in US. Has anybody done this before

Thx. in adv.

Re: fbi fingerprint card

Check in the nearest prison. I did mine in a prison in Louisiana.
regards,
skm005
Originally posted by sanatshah
Hello,

Does anybody knows that from where can I get blank FBI fingerprint card? I checked it my local police dept., they will do fingerprint but they don't have any blank fingerprint card.

thnx

Re: Need Help

Usually the doctor's office (where you will go for medical) can make these corrections. I did in TX and the nurse was asking to make any change in information provided on the form.

skm005

Originally posted by CIKTM
Gurus.

In my medical form, there are few mistatakes

1. When I applied, I was single, now I am married and my marital status is printer as "Single"
2. my Intended destination is Alberta and in my wifes intened destination is given as ON ( ontario )

Do i need to inform these things to Buffello before I do the medical

Thomas

The time given to you to land is usually six monts from the day your passport is stampped. It has nothing to do with expiration of medical. In my case, my medical was expiring on Oct 2003. I stammped my passport on Aug 2003. I had till Feb to land.

regards,
SKM005
Originally posted by venkatram
I am about to send my passports for stamping. Looks like I will not be able to land in canada before the landing time because of visa problems. I heard that the time given to land is usually equal to the medicals expiration and I may not be able to land in that period
Can we ask for extension of landing period after the stamping is done. If yes what is the procedure.. Please reply...

Thx in adv....

Re: Queries

Originally posted by CIKTM
Hi,

I am a new user to the forum

Today I received a letter from the Canadian Consulate General, Buffalo that the initial assessment is complete and interview is waived.
Applied on June 04, 2002...file no. Received on OCT/NOV 2002 …initial assessment received on Oct 3,2003

I got two letters in the same package

1. Important Notice: In that I have to send my IMM8 Form again and I have to complete few section of my spouse ( This I have to send it in 60 days )
2. Second letter is my Initial Assessment Letter, In that they asked me to provide
a. Medical ( To be Done in 60 Days )
b. Updated bank statements, employment letter, FBI fingerprints, proof of status in US like H1 copy with pay stubs and last yr W2 ( in 90 Days )

My questions are

1. Can I send a reply to my Important Notice immediately and the rest I can send once I am done with Medical & FBI Finger printing
(It is a good idea to put every thing together and then send it)
2. What you mean by Updated Certified True Copies of Work Experience from Previous & Current Employment ( Is it a Copy or a Notarized copy ) Can we use the same letter used for US Green Card Processing
(Notarised copy is better)
3. When I included my spouse in the application, she was in India and she reached USA in May 2003 on H4B. Did she need a FBI Finger Printing (YES)
4. The medical document says my old address and I informed my address change and my assessment letter came to my new address. I need to change the medical documents address to current before I do the medical
(The medical doctor's office will do it)

I appreciate your replies

New police NOCs

I applied in end-April 2003 without police NOC's from 2 foreign countries I worked in (besides US). I got them now - thanks to guidance from friends in this forum. Gurus, What is the safest way to send these updates to CIC?

1) Do I just send the originals ?

2) or, Do I send notarized copeis ?

3) or, do I fax ?

Regards