Buffalo Tracker (please add)

for gretzky

After thinking about it for a while I am going to request that my IELTS Test Score be sent to me and not directly to Canadian Immig.
You can always forward your score to CIC later, nowhere does it state that scores must be submitted directly.
Also with the long shot that you dont do well enough on the test for full pts you can always give it again or pray that the existing docs submitted will work.

Another Letter

Hi Guys,
Received another letter from Buffalo after 6 months saying that my background checking is going on. Don't know what does it mean.

*Applied :- Sep 21, 2001
*Initial Assessment(Interview Waiver) :- Sep 2002
*Done Medical :- Oct 2002
*Then in Jan 2003,I received letter which say that my background cheking is going on and it would take 6-9 months.
* In March 2003, I received bunch of new forms to fill up. I did same.
*In May 2003, I sent a fax to Buffalo Consulate that asking for my status, on this I received this letter saying that my background checking is going on and it would take 6-9 months. Now I don't know whether they are going to take another 6-9 months or they just sent me a standard letter.

My H1-B visa is going to expire on Sep 2003. I don't know what to do. If anybody experienced with the same thing. Pl let me know..

Suraj18

Hi,
There seems to be some confusion on when to do the medicals, while some have done it within a month of the assessment and have got the landing request others are waiting 6 months. I was asked by my lawyers to wait 6 months , it didn't say in my letter to wait. Did any body get a letter which asked them to wait 6 months?

What is the right way to proceed, wait or do it immediatetly?

I can't see any particular reason that you have to wait for 6 month before medical exam if they didn't mention you need to do so in the letter. I don't know why your lawyer suggest you waiting. I will talk to the lawyer and then go head for medical exam.

For Srini88

Hi Srini,
I agree with Yilin_ho. If the letter says you need to finish within 3 months, you must finish by that time-frame, otherwise you are providing them a reason to reject ur case. I have noticed that if your file is complete and only police clearance certificate is missing, they will ask you to do medical right away.
If your file is missing many documents, such as official transcript, bank statements, employment verification letters...etc, they ask you to submit those documents first and then do medical after six months.in the later case, you must submit missing documents first.
As a matter of fact, the trend is if you do medical right away, you have to wait 3-5 months for background check, so passport request comes after that. If you do medical after six months, the background check is done by that time. so, in either cases, passport requests comes almost at the same time. approx. 7-8 months after receiving initial assessment ( given interview is waived).

Have fun,
Desi145

Hi desi.
Thanks for the response. I was given 3 months to submit FBI, transcripts, work letters etc which I have submitted but there was no date mentioned for medicals so I guess I fall within that second case that you mention. But like you said it take time to do the background check and if you take the medicals too soon since they are only valid for 6 months they might expire before the back ground check is done.

So in my case I guess it is better to wait 6 months before I do the medicals since by then the background check will be done.

Krishna,

Desi's reply for your questions are correct.

It looks like there is lots of parallel talks going on in this forum. Let me try to summarize it.

1. Medical - Depends on the clerk handling your application and th time you have filed, some folks have given the timeline to wait before they go for medical. I think that was during the month of october, november, December 2002 whoever received the medical forms have been asked to wait for 6months. Then lateron they eliminated the waiting period for couple of folks. Now suddenly soneone has given time to finish it up within the next 3 months.
Medical is not covered under insurance.
Depends on your location and Doctor the medical price varies between $250 to $500 for Adults and for kid less then 5 yr old is about $150. And it takes about 1-3 hrs to complete the medical including filling forms.

2. IELTS - For the folks who have filed have been not so far asked to go for this exam. But, we never know what happens next untill we get the landing papers. So, follow as instructed in the new rules etc.

3. Point system - I still believe that they will consider us in the old point system as we have filed before 12/31/2001. some friends already have posted couple of links/news in this matter.

I will keep you update once I will hear from CIC.

Good luck!!!

tp

TO JALMA !!

i could login to that e-client status today and it says "decision made - medicals received". I still haven' got my passport back. will update as soon as i get it. any more people in the same boat ?

Got Visa!

I finally got my visa issued. Here is the timeline:

Applied----------------------- 11/13/01
AOR--------------------------- 12/21/01
Initial Assessment--------- 12/02/02
Medicals Done-------------- 4/28/03 Interview waived
Passport Request---------- 6/6/03 RPC received on 6/19/03
Visa Issued----------------- 6/24/03

Thank you and good luck, to all.

:D

E client question?

I applied in July 2002 and haven’t heard anything after I received my AOR in Nov 2002. I tried to check my status online but every time I enter my File #, Name, DOB and Country of Birth, it does not recognize me. Is there a specific format to enter the File #? Do I have to use caps ‘B’ and use spaces as appear in the AOR?

Thanks,
Baig

You need to wait for a while. Until you get your initial assessment or file update, you will see this problem. However, keeping checking status. This may help you to know before you get any letter from the Consulate.

Based on past cases you will start seeing something online 52 weeks after you got the file number so in your case start expecting something around Oct-Nov. Since the new rules have come into effect processing times might be faster but it is taking close to a yr since you get the file number to see your E-status

Hi deepred,

Good to know that your online status is working and they updated it with medical received as well. Mne is written as "decision made' without referring anything about medical. I assume they might have completed my background check and now waiting for my medical. What do you think?

Hope you get your passport soon. Congratulations again!!

Gemini03060,

Congratulation for getting passport with visa stamp on it. Good luck for landing.

Hey guys,
I applied in the skilled labor category, in buffolo in the beggining of this year. My file status shows as "In Process". They started processing my file on 27 Feb. What can I expect next. By what month should I recieve a response fron them.

Thanks

IELTS

If anyone on this forum has already taken the IELTS exam please post your experiences.

A couple of questions come to mind

1) How difficult is the exam ? ie how difficult is it to score an 8/10 which is needed for english fluency level for max pts.

2) Does one need to prepare for it, or is it just intuitive.

3) How does it compare to the TOEFL. I had given the TOFEL and received a score of I believe 695 which I think was very good at the time. Is this exam tougher than the TOEFL.

Replies welcome.
Thanks.

IELTS - texancanadian

In response to your third question, University of Sheffield in UK has a comparative chart that stacks TOEFL scores against IELTS scores. Here's the link:http://www.shef.ac.uk/eltc/toefl98.html

Given my TOEFL score of 677 out of 680 (yes, 680 is the maximum possible score for the paper-based test), I think it should be a slam dunk. But slam dunks don't happen without practice, so I will prep for the test. With your TOEFL score, you will probably end up getting the maximum 16 points for Canadian immigration.