Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Congratz buddy. I am waiting for my passports to come back from Buffalo! I maield the package on 27th.

vu2vut said:
Here is my updated timeline:

Applied : Sep 02
AOR : Dec 02
Initial Assessment: Nov 03
Medical done: Jan 04
FBI report and ROLF sent: Feb 04

Passport request: Apr 22 04

Passport sent: Apr 28 04

Passport recieved : May 06 04

Visa valid for 1 year after medical tests.

Two Apps. One with Spouse as Principal Applicant

I have one application with Myself as a principal applicant and my wife as dependent. In a few months my wife would complete Masters which would fetch her more points.

Is it possible to apply another application with her as principal applicant and me as dependent. What are the implications ?. Do I need to withdraw mine ?

IELTS - Whats the deal ?

Hi

I am planning to take IELTS. I have had about 16 years if education in English in India and have been working in the US for past 4 years.

Is there any preparation required. If yes are there are guides, websites etc ?
any information on the difficulty level of the exam and prep tips will be great

Ielts

IELTS is not very difficult. However be cautious of the listening section (the first section in the exam with the recorded passages) those are harder than you think.
Best prep materials would be the study prep booklet and CDyou get from the registration center for $ 20 or so.
Best of luck

Need info about docs received in mail from Buffalo

Hi People,

I received some documents in mail from Buffalo.The documents are,

1. File Transfer Application.
2. Certification of Landing/Verification of Admission.
3. Change in Family Composition(set of forms)

Can someone tell me what these forms are for and why did i receive them?

We just sent our medicals and waiting for our FBI reports.

Please help me know why I have received these documents or forms from them.

Thanks.

New York Guys Pls Help Me

Applied For Immigration 07/01/2003

Got Case # 08/15/2003

Initi Assessment 04/27/2004

I Received A Letter Stating That Interview Required At Ny Consulate And They Have Transferred My File New York For The Interview And I Will Listen From Ny Consulate Regarding The Interview Date Very Soon

Can Any Body Tell Me How Long It Will Take To Get The Interview In New York And If I Get The Immigration Then What Are The Next Steps And How Long It Will Take To Complete The Whole Process

Tanveer Ahmad

Hi Tanveer,

My case was filed in the same time : 08/11 of last year, still in process, I think it would take 8 weeks to transfer the case to NY consulate , what was your score when you apply , did you submitted the police certificate , also did you go through the IELTS exam ?

tanveer said:

Got Case # 08/15/2003

I Received A Letter Stating That Interview Required At Ny Consulate And They Have Transferred My File New York For The Interview And I Will Listen From Ny Consulate Regarding The Interview Date Very Soon

Can Any Body Tell Me How Long It Will Take To Get The Interview In New York And If I Get The Immigration Then What Are The Next Steps And How Long It Will Take To Complete The Whole Process

Tanveer Ahmad

Tanveer it takes around 8-12 week to get the schedule of the interview.

Meanwhile you better obtain your CAIPS notes to find out the reason of the interview call so that you can prepare yourself for the interview.

tanveer said:

Got Case # 08/15/2003

Tanveer Ahmad

How do you obtian your CAIPS notes ?

web_guru2003 said:
Tanveer it takes around 8-12 week to get the schedule of the interview.

Meanwhile you better obtain your CAIPS notes to find out the reason of the interview call so that you can prepare yourself for the interview.

Medical & Proof of Language Proficiency

I got medical paper 2 months back. I have not gone for medical. today I got letter for medical paper & Proof of Language Proficiency.

I am going medical exam soon.

I am not able to understand Proof of Language Proficiency ? which proof I have to give. I have not given any language exam yet.

anyone know for Proof of Language Proficiency ?

Thanks,

Address Change

Hi Forum,

How can I make a request for address change. My file was transferred to LA and I have already taken the interview. I am not sure whether I should send FAX to LA or Buffalo with the address change request?

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Got Case # 08/15/2003

I DID NOT APPREA IN IELT . AS FAR AS MY CALCULATION IS CONCERENED MY SCORE WAS MORE THEN 65 AT THE TIME I APPLY .

IS THERE ANY BODY HERE WHO COULD TELL ME THAT APRROXOMATELY BY WHICH MONTH I SHOULD EXPECT MY INTERVIW IN NY

WHAT DOES IT MEANS THAT THEY TAKE 8-12 WEEKS FOR FILE TRANSFER TO NY

DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY TURN FOR INTERVIEW AT NY CONSULATE
ONCE THE FILE IS TRANSFERED

TANVEER AHMAD

Hi Guys,

I have some news, I received my initial assessment with no interview required from buffalo, my time lines as following:
- Applied July 21st, 2003
- AOR August 11th, 2003
- Initial assessment May 4th, 2004

I have few questions and hope if you can help me:
- Where I can find the RCMP police form and where I can take the finger print for Canada inside USA ? My wife lived in Canada for 2 years and that is why its required
- Is it true I can obtain the FBI finger print from UPS office ?
- My wife got her medical Report with error in the date of birth, 1976 instead of 1975 , should I send request correction or submit the report as is ?
- I have 1 years old baby , does he required to submit full right of permanent residence fee RPRF

your help is really appreciated

thanks

Software engineer

I have applied under the category "Software Engineer".

Do, I need to submit any document (like CCPE assessment) to the consulate, give details of my engineering degree's equivalency in Canada.

Please guide.

Regards,

Mezz

permanent residence fee RPRF

Hi,

Anyone know about RPRF fee ? for 2 Adult and one kid(6 years) ?

I am applied from USA.

Thanks,
Ashvin Patel