Buffalo Tracker (please add)

reference Letter How to Link to the case

Friends,

I have recently applied and waiting for acknowledgement.

I feel the letter from my current employer that I sent was NOT sufficient. I sent the offer letter as I just joined that company. However I have placed a detailed reference letter from my previous company.

Now I would like to send a detailed letter from my current employer also. What is the best way to do this.

Can I wait till I receive and case number and send this letter referring to the case number. Or should I just wait for the initial assessment and if they ask for the reference letter then send ? . I am worrued if they will reject without asking for that letter.

regds

For popoye

How many points do you have? I would not send anything now until you get your AOR and file number. One you receive your file # then send in the letter. They will probably ask you for a new updated one anyway once your initial assessment is done.
Also if you want to be sure of a positive assessment with interview waiver I would strongly suggest taking the IELTS exam (especially if you dont have a degree from the US).
Based on my following this forum for the last 1 year, I have not come across anyone who has a good IELTS score (>7 in each section) submitted before the assessment who did not receive a successful decision with an interview waiver.

PP request arrived

Finally got the PP request, although the status on the website
show 'in-process" so my opinion is that website status is not up to date.
22 June 2002 PR app filed
18 Nov 2002 AOR
10 Nov 2003 Medical,fee & other documents request.
28 Dev 2003 medical done.
19 Mar 2004 Landing fee, w2, language evidence and other documents sent.
30 Apr 2004 PP request (60 day limit to send PP)
The whole process seem to have taken longer for me than others,
However PP request is a blessing in disguise in the difficult times.
Will send the PP end of this week and plan to land as soon as possible and will post the landing exp.

I am currently on 8th yr H1 ext, still lobor in queue, crossing the fingers andliving a day at a time as current job is under a radar to get shot any time due to annual cut downs.

Question: Had read the threads but still couldn't figure out.
First I want to finish the landing process and planning on moving later , Can we inclue car details in the goods to follow list and importat the car at the later stage along with all the goods.
if so, gurus can you point to requirements.
Thanks to one and all about sharing their valuable knowledge.

Concern regarding other foreign country PCC issue date

Post-initial assessment, I sent the additional documents and RPRF fees and had medical done.

After mailing the documents, I was casually glancing thru the CIC guides when I got an unpleasant jerk.

It says all police certificates must have been issued within the previous 3 months. (In earlier version of guide it was 6 months).

Now I have no issue with respect to that on my Indian PCC or the FBI one.

However, I happened to work in UK and Singapore more than 5 years back -- and the PCCs that I have from those places are dated 8-10 months back, which I sent in the current package.

Now my concern is : will CIC reject those, causing me to start the whole process of initiating the PCCs from those places ?

Have any of you been on the same boat ?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or experience to share.

Regards

Hey Anyone

Its been a while I sent medicals and Documents to CIC

My Time Line

Applied Jan 2003
CIC Website shows Start working on App. April 10 2003

Initial Assesment recieved Jan 27 2004
No Interview, No Indian PCC

Medicals sent by Doc on Feb 13 2004

Additional Doc W2/Pay stubs etc sent on March 14 2004

I did not sent ROLF, I wanted to wait until everything done. Going thru forum I have seen CIC ask for ROLF

Now As of today I have not heard anything from CIC. And online status still shows in process.

Anyone with same timeline heard anything or have any news

Pls reply

Thanks

ashi: Do you have the URL to the place where you can check your application online at CIC? I've been looking for it, but I can't find it.

-Doug.

Finger Printing

Did anyone get finger printing done in Philadelphia area.

Is there a place i can go to get the finger printing done where they have the forms too, or do i have to consult my local police station.
How much time does FBI take to return the form.

Please advice.

Thanx a bunch in advance.

Jhumkasrc

Hi,
Logic would dictate that the certificates should still be good because you have not lived in UK or Singapore since the certificates were issued.
However logic and rationality do not normally work in a bureaucratic setting- manuals and red tape do.... So if I were you I would pre-emptively apply for new police certificates from both places. The cost shouldnt be that much and you can get a headstart if they ever request it.
Just my 2 C

By the way how much time did it take you for your FBI clearance from the date you sent in your appl?

texancanadian

texan

Sorry to say I did not note down what time it took to get the FBI fingerprints back, but I have a hunch it took around 45-60 days.

Thanks for the reply on the PCC window front. Yes I guess I have to re-send the applications again to UK and Singapore.

Regards

Changing Marital Status(I need some comments ot advises)

Changing Marital Status(I need some comments ot advises)
Hi, I'll change my marital status.

Any idea if it will delay my process??? if so, how long will it???

After speaking with my Immig. Adviser, it was suggested that I must change my status because I did my income taxes (canadian) with my common-law partner as my dependant.

I received my initial assessment letter on April 13/2004.

Now I have the entire requested documents/medical/finger prints done and, ready to mail it back to Buffalo. As well I'm adding my common-law partner as my dependant to my application. Our adviser recomended that my common-law partner complete medical exams and fingerprints to facilitate the process. So, she did it (and we put the note Please attach to the file Number B-XXX-XXX-XXX)

I need some comments about it!!!

Ashie 5,

I have the same timeline of sending medical. Ottawa received it on February 2, 2004. iam also waiting for my passport request.

Let me know when u receive it.

Does all the family members share the same file number?

If I'd apply for a PR with my spouse we will use the same FILE NUMBER (B-XXX-XXX-XXX) or will be a different one for each applicant???

Thanks

Hi dgarstang

Hi dgarstang
I think all applications will be assesed based on the passmark set at the time of application.

Is it not right??
Pls see the following rules from CIC

If that is the case , how you
were affected due to this passmark swing.

Hi dgarstang
Can u pls clarify the exact stuff happened.
Because , i see still problem is with applicant.

MINISTER ANNOUNCES AMENDMENTS TO TRANSITIONAL REGULATIONS FOR SELECTING SKILLED WORKERS AND BUSINESS IMMIGRANTS TO CANADA
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/press/03/0354-pre.html

talu76

File number is issued only to the principal applicant, in your case to you. Everybody else in your application is your dependant and hence no separate file numbers.

USA green card holder can apply for PR in canada

Hi Guys,

I am permanent resident of USA. Recently I got a letter form Buffalo aksing me to submit Medical check up and RPRF fees.

My question is the candian PR can effect any of USA PR status or not? Can USA PR can have any other PR also?

Thanks
gpkumar

total time

Hi

I am planning to immigrate to canada
Could anyone tell me how long it takes to get Permanent residency in canada.
I qualiffy as a Skilled worker
(MS in computer science w- working as Software Engr in USA)

I have no info regarding canada immigration.
any websites etc ?
Thanks in advance
immi_tracker

Passport with VISA stamp

Here is my updated timeline:

Applied : Sep 02
AOR : Dec 02
Initial Assessment: Nov 03
Medical done: Jan 04
FBI report and ROLF sent: Feb 04

Passport request: Apr 22 04

Passport sent: Apr 28 04

Passport recieved : May 06 04

Visa valid for 1 year after medical tests.