Buffalo Tracker (please add)

smxhan

I lost my passport long time ago (ie around 1996) while I was still a student. It took me 9 months to get a new passport issued by Indian Consulate, San Francisco.
First and foremost I had to submit Police certificate. Then they send your file number to External Affairs Ministry and Home Minsitry in New Delhi to check and see if you are terrorist or security threat.
There is an easy way out - get one time travel passport. This passport is for very short duration for emergency travel and can be issued in a couple of days.
Dont know if things have changed since 1996 is a long time ago.
Hope this helps

Adding New Born after getting the medical forms

Hi,

Could you please let me know how I can add a new born to my Canadian PR application? I read in previous threads that we need to fill the Additional Family form, but I would like to know whether we fill our information and add our new born as a kid or we need to fill that form in the new born's name?

And also, should we wait for the new born medical forms or shall we send our medical forms now?

Appreciate your help.

You need to inform Canadian Consulate(where you have filed for your PR) abt birth of your baby. Send baby's birth certificate. They will direct you what you need to do.

If you have not applied for PR yet, you can apply with your application as your dependant. Check http://www.cic.gc.ca for more info.

Mayank

Photo

Hi Everyone,

Have a very basic question. I'm suppose to receive the pp request for visa stamping soon. I want to take photos now. (Save some time for responding) Could anyone tell me what kind of photo and how many I should prepare?
Thank you very for your help.

JYW

ROLF

Thanks Web Guru

I checked my oline status it still shows in process. It may be because I didn't sent ROLF along with documents.Please post as soon as you hear from CIC. Good Luck to you.

Going thru forum I know people have been asked for ROLF after submitting medicals and FBI Cards.

Thanks

photo requirement

Hi,

I too have some questions about phot requirement. I heard they are asking to "Bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of the print (stick-on labels are not acceptable)".

I'm not sure whether it is a new requirement or not. Any Ideas about this?

JYW, usually they ask for 4 PP photos in their very specific format. Instant PP photos are OK and you can get it in less than hour or so, So I would suggest to wait to hear from them.

Thanks,
Jom

Photo
Hi Everyone,

Have a very basic question. I'm suppose to receive the pp request for visa stamping soon. I want to take photos now. (Save some time for responding) Could anyone tell me what kind of photo and how many I should prepare?
Thank you very for your help.

JYW

Re: Re: Help Please

Hi guys,

Could tell me where are you living right now (USA)???

Because I'm living in Toronto - Canada, and I almost in the same track as you guys... But I think that for me will take longer because the Finger Print stuff (inside canada) last up to 150 days!!! :-(

Any comment about it???

Originally posted by web_guru2003
Looks like we are in the same boat:

Jan 28 '03 - processing start date
Feb 03 '03 - AOR
Jan 08 '04 - Assessment + Waiver
Feb 17 '04 - Meds Sent by DR
Apr 05' 04 - rest of the docs, Fingerprints and RPRF sent
Apr 19 '04 - e-client status changed to "Decision Made" from "In Progress".

Now I am waiting to hear from CIC. Wish me good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
FBI fingerprint cards rejected twice

Hello,

I was wondering if someone had a similar problem with
the FBI fingerprint cards: FBI keeps rejecting my wife's
fingerprint cards because of the "low quality of characteristics".

First time we sent one card, but after it had been rejected we resubmitted 7 new cards in one package, taken at several different locations, but all of them have been rejected again.

So it seems there is a little chance the FBI will ever accept
her fingerprints (some of them are indeed really hard to distinguish).
What should we do? Can the Buffalo Consulate accept some other kind of police certificate?

This is the only thing left to finalize the process, but we have already missed the deadline (April 20).

Here is our timeline:

Applied: Jan 16, 2003
AOR: Feb 20, 2003
Initial Assessment: Jan 21, 2004 (Interview Waived)
Medicals: Feb 12, 2004
Sent RPRF, ref.letter, bank statement, my FBI certificate:
March 30, 2004

Thanks!

Hi all

I am planning to send for revalidation and wanted to find out if it gets lost during revalidation , how can we track it.

When you apply for new PP in Indian consulate(NY) after we lose our PP, do we get a duplicate PP or do we get new original PP.

Is it written on the PP that it is a duplicate PP or its just valid for short period of time and looks like original PP.

I am asking this is because I got my single entry canada PR stamp in PP and now planning to send my H1 reval to St Louis.
So for me to get a new stamp again for my canada PR I will need original PP as they(Buffalo) will not issue me on a Duplicate PP

So if it gets lost then I will lose my canada PR stamp along with H1 stamp. And looking at the all the cases I am now intimidated to send it to St Louis for stamping.

Re: FBI fingerprint cards rejected twice

Where are you getting your wife fingerprinted from? This happened to my wife once but FBI was able to read the prints next time. I did mentioned to the printing agency that prints were rejected first time so that they take the pritns more cautiously.

Try local FBI office or SBI office or may be County offices. They normally take the prints for immigration so they have ideas to solve these kind of problems.

Originally posted by evg
Hello,

I was wondering if someone had a similar problem with
the FBI fingerprint cards: FBI keeps rejecting my wife's
fingerprint cards because of the "low quality of characteristics".

First time we sent one card, but after it had been rejected we resubmitted 7 new cards in one package, taken at several different locations, but all of them have been rejected again.

So it seems there is a little chance the FBI will ever accept
her fingerprints (some of them are indeed really hard to distinguish).
What should we do? Can the Buffalo Consulate accept some other kind of police certificate?

This is the only thing left to finalize the process, but we have already missed the deadline (April 20).

Here is our timeline:

Applied: Jan 16, 2003
AOR: Feb 20, 2003
Initial Assessment: Jan 21, 2004 (Interview Waived)
Medicals: Feb 12, 2004
Sent RPRF, ref.letter, bank statement, my FBI certificate:
March 30, 2004

Thanks!

Web Guru,

Thank you for reply.

My wife went to three different places for fingerprinting:
the Champaign (IL) Police Department and two
private agencies in Chicago.

I submitted my Passport for visa on April 14 it was recieved at Buffalo April 15th 2004. Anyone know how long it takes to get it back? or someone else in the same time line?

Thanks

Hi Faithfully,

When you submitted the PP, did you send the photos also? Is there any specific format they ask for like print date the photo was taken on the back, or something like that?

Thank you,
Jom.

I submitted my Passport for visa on April 14 it was recieved at Buffalo April 15th 2004. Anyone know how long it takes to get it back? or someone else in the same time line?

Thanks

Here is what is written in the Passport request letter.

The photograph must:

- show a full front view of the person's head and shoulders showing full face centered in the middle of the photgraph

- have a plain white background.

The photographs must measure:

- between 25mm and 35mm (1" and 1 3/8") from chin to crown

- have a 35 mm x 45 mm( 1 3/8" x 1 3/4") finished size

** photograph must not have staple holes, stamps,creases or tears in them.

The above is the requirement and they request for 3.

I would advise you to wait till u get the passport request before taking the pictures.

Few questions

Hello,

I just received a package from the Buffalo center asking me to get FBI clearance and medicals. I have few questions about this letter and would appreciate if someone could answer them:

1. Do I have to send RPRF right now? If not, when do people usually pay?

2. How long does it usually take them to go to the next step after submitting all these papers?

3. If my application is approved, can I defer my passport stamping and landing? If yes, what is the maximum time I can request?

Thanks..

I GOT IT (in 15 months). When I reached home yesterday and
checked my mail box i saw envelop from CIC and opened the envelop with high heart beats and it was a Passport request with gray envelop :)

I do have some questions in my mind.

Q: I know Buffalo only send the passports back by USPS. What is the procedure of sending pre-paid (track able) USPS express mail envelop?

Q: It looks like that it will be hard to fit everything (pictures,
form and passport) into the Grey Envelop provided for mailing of
passports to Buffalo. Can I just enclose the Passports in Gray envelop and put that envelop in FedEx (or USPS) envelop or I HAVE to mail the grey envelop its self?

For everyone else who are waiting for the process to complete, Just hang in there and you will hear the good news!

Here is my timeline for reference!

DEC-02: Applied (last week of Dec)
JAN-03: AOR
JAN-08-04: Initial Assesment (Interview Waved, Medical-60 days, Other Documents).
FEB-10-04: Did my medicals which were sent out to Ottawa on 17th Feb
APR-05-04: Sent all additional documents alongwith Fingerprints to CIC
APR-19-04: Just saw that e-client status has been changed to decision made.
APR-24-04: Recieved Passport request which was dated 13th-Apr-04

am a bit confused about the "grey" envelop that Buffalo has mailed me to mail my passports in. Does it matter if i place the passport/pictures in grey envelope and put the envelope in USPS express envelope? or i HAVE to mail the grey envelope its self without putting that in any other (FedEx/USPS) envelope?.

If i do place the "grey" envelope in any other envelope, will that slow the process of visa stamping as the Buffalo office cant identify by looking at the envelope its self that it contain passports? Are the really strict about it?

I am actually planning to send pre-paid USPS express envelop and that "grey" envelope cant hold everything in it. I am planning to put passports,pictures and notice in grey envelope and put that and pre-paid envelope in USPS standard mailer.

FBI and medical in San Jose, CA area

1. Could anybody advise where to get the FBI cards in CA bay area to fill? Is it available at the DMV office or a police station or somewhere else?

2. Could I write ITIN for my spouse's SSN? My spouse is on H4 visa and does not have a SSN.

3. Could you suggest a doctor in the bay area who is reasonably priced (a.k.a cheap!) for medicals? How much does s/he charge?

4. How long is it currently taking for the FBI certification?

Thanks a lot and best regards.