Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

gra,
I think you should receive your approval very soon - in a couple of weeks time at most. I came across people discussed similar situations like yours in this forum before with a simiar response from the interviewing officer, and they were approved quickly. I think once they say they will recommend the case for approval, they mean that the case is approved. GOOD LUCK.

saurnav said:
ice9 and gra: congratulations.

gc4us or others: Can you please let me know the steps for changing address. My case was transferred to Baltiomore and had the interview in April, still waiting for the approval as the FP was expired and had to be retaken. It was done and the results were delivered withing a few days of the interview, but I am still waiting for the approval. I also have a pending EAD application with Vermont which will be eventually transferred to Baltimore.

Anyway, I will be changing my home address in the same neighborhood. What needs to be done so that the address is changed smoothly. Since I am waiting for 485 approval and EAD approval it is crutial that the address is changed smoothly and I receive their letters on time in new address. I thought of doing the following.

(i) Fill out AR-11 and send it to the location indicated in the form.
(ii) Write a letter To CIS-Vermont informing them that the address is changed and that I have 485 and EAD applications in process at USCIS, and that all future correspondence be made at the new address.
------------- info to VSC not needed as the file is with Baltimore
(iii) Write a letter To CIS-Baltimore informing them that the address is changed and that I have 485 and EAD applications in process at USCIS, and that all future correspondence be made at the new address.
------------- write to Baltimore that you attended Interview on date... and your case is pending with then after the Interview, if you remember write the officer A or C conducted the interview on date.... on cover letter write your Name, DOB, A#, I-485# past address and new address and out side the envelope write in big bold letters: Address Change on pending I-485, Interview attended on ...... send the letter with certified return reciept
*** also update the NCSC1800, with pending I-485#, A#, Name, DOB and inform them the file is with Baltimore Local USCIS office
Please let me know if I should do anything else, Thanks in advance.

Thanks Ginnu,
Our EAD applications were filed at Vermont but just learned today that Vermont has transferred our EAD applications to Baltimore. Now we have both 485 and EAD pending at Vermont. I have efollowing questions:
(i) You suggested that I send letter to Baltimore mentioning "pending 485". How about EAD, should I also mention in the same letter that our EADs are also transfeered to Baltimore and they are also pending at Baltimore.
(ii) Yes, I do have the Interview letter copy, and there I have the officers code Alphabet "C". Also, he has given me Interview results saying "Awaiting FP results" and in my wife's and son's result as "Principal's FP awaiting". At the end of the document it says Officer: (coded name it seems, which is not "C"). Perhaps I could mention officer "C" and the date of interview and also mention the coded name and mention that name as given in the interview results. What you suggest. Thanks in advance.

name checking

Hey, guys

I got interview on Thursday. The officer is very nice. She asked the questions following the sequence in my 485 form. Finally, she told me that I had to wait because the name checking was running. Who has any idea about it. How fast or slow? Thanks. Good luck for all of us.

Gra,
I think you are fine, you should receive approval letters in about one week after interview (maybe 10 days) and cards in about one months after interview, according to other peoples experience.

Based on most people's experience here, they got their approvals in 7-10 days. It has already been about 2 weeks now and I have not heard anything. My interview was on the 13th and my FP was going to expire on the 20th. At the interview, the officer had looked at my FP date and said that it was fine. She only had said that she is going to verify employment with the employer and then most probably then going to approve.
Any guesses/comments? Anyone in similar situation? Could it be the FP and if so are they going to send me any notice???

gra,
I think you should not worry. My friend had same, was told they need to verify her employment on computer, she then received approval letter with the date next day after interview (probably they verified employment on next day since her interview was in the afternoon). And she received green card with the date showing interview date (she decided not to argue about that
:)).
I think your approval will come soon, now is summertime and maybe some officers are on vacation:)))

Last edited by a moderator:
update on my case: no news:-(

Yesterday I was in Baltomore office asking on my case.
No news. Corrected medicals "are being processed", not clear if they are ok or not..
Name check is pending....
We have to apply for EAD again, will apply to VSC.

Thanks compass. I hope you get your approval soon too. Can you tell me how long did it take for your friend to get the approval after her interview?

gra:
I think she received approval letter within 2 weeks after interview, and card within one month or a little over one month. Her husband is still waiting (stuck in name check, like me :( )
good luck to you!

Thanks compass for the information. I hope that it does not take too long for me also.

Want to update everyone.

I have my interview scheduled for mid-August.
I try to update forum on how it goes.

By the way, calling Senator and even Baltimore Office directly helped.

Senator office (Paul Sorbanes) initiated inquiry.

After couple of days I was finally scheduled me for Interview. I went to talk to them recently about completion of background checks, name checks and I ve got assurance (by the arrogant tone of the officer-who told me that I will know details on interview) .
Old story is that my background check is not completed yet,
or it is approved half-way.
I don't get GC approved on my interview anyway.

Truth is that USCIS inventing and inventing new lame and false excuses for delaying of issue of Green Cards. Inventions are really serial.

Excuses are:

1) shortage of processing personnel (that is why first 180-360 went to 800s. Full lie bcs each case is considered for not more than an hour-few hours)

2) expediting for cases processing by transfer
Excerpt from transfer notice " This is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the above case ..."

(complete lie, transfer was excuse to delay case, currrently VCS approving 2004 cases while mine with ND near beginning of 2003 is still not approved due to transfer)

3) background checks, name checks , FP checks- excuses not to decide on interview whether GC can be issued or not (again complete BS. In today's computerized world even with shortage of personnel and several agencies check, how can each human be checked for 3 or even 4years ? With so many appicants the check is done through databases)

4) Introducing new policy - now local offices can decide up to 6 month after interview (and they will decide on 6 month or more- why not ?)

I believe the list can be easily continued

5) After six month - transfer cases for further extension
6) conduct second interviews (RFE-interviews -why not ? Serial inventor cannot be stopped by himself or herself...

Inventions of this kind can only be called "inventions of a sado-terrorist"
Sado-Terrorist who terrorizes our lives by time torturing.

I just wanted to update everyone on my case. I finally received my approval notice :) .Will schedule an infopass appointment soon to get my passport stamped. Thanks everyone for your support. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting. I really wish you all a speedy approval.

congratulation gra. It is a big relieve for you!

I had interview at the end of June, and officer said there is no problem with my case, and would suggest approval, and we properly would receive approval letter in a couple weeks, but I have no received it for almost one and half month, anyone no what might happened to my case, and what should I do about it.

we went to Baltimore for info pass this week. but the lady's attitude is so bad, she just told your case is pending, no anything else. I do not know when is the end of my tunnel. (long dark nightmare).

I am sure you will be fine Madss. I got my approval yesterday but the date on the approval is the date of the interview. I looks like they had approved it the same day (the day of interview) but just may be did not have enough time to put it in file and send it to me.

Congratulations gra!!!!
I think you will get your card soon, maybe even before you will get your passport stamped! :D

Thank you for the kind words that make me relax a little bit. the feeling in this waiting period just like a vamper suck away you blood and spirit, too much endure to take even one more minute!!!

Are there any more interviews for 05 fiscal year?

I went for an infopass appointment to inquire about the status of my 3-year pending I485 (transferred to Baltimore on Jan 3rd, 2005). The officer told me that no more interviews or approvals are scheduled for this fiscal year (as the number has been reached), and that they will resume issuing GCs in October (new fiscal year).
Then I come to this forum and continue to see people getting interviews and approvals (and by the way I am happy for them, it is crazy how this plight makes you feel very close to complete strangers, this GC process and its impact on human behavior makes a very good topic for a PhD in Psychology or sociology, anyhow I digress).

What gives? are they issuing interview or not for the balance of the summer?

Ead

Guys,

Last week I have applied EAD (online) for my wife , from that day I am trying to get appointment to go to Baltimore INS and submit the forms.

They(CIS) are telling till October 2nd week no appointments.

I think instead of applying online, its better apply in regular mail.

Looks like for everything need to wait wait wait....