Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Congratulations gra!!!!

Hey gra!!!!
Great to see your message with approvals, Atleast one good news after a long time. I wish will get your cards soon

My case got transferred on same day as you, no indications of any interview near by futures, recently I have called CIS and initiated Status inquiry.. baltimore INS sent the reply saying i need to wait 8 more months,,,

I don't know how long i need to wait wait wait,,, damn it.

gra said:
I am sure you will be fine Madss. I got my approval yesterday but the date on the approval is the date of the interview. I looks like they had approved it the same day (the day of interview) but just may be did not have enough time to put it in file and send it to me.

Hi all,

Following things happened.

We had 3rd EAD interview on 8th Aug. at Baltimore and we got the cards. Incidentally the officer who was taking the photograph for EAD was the same officer who interviewed us for 485. I took the opportunity and requested if I could speak to him on a matter other than EAD. He said go ahead and I explained that we had interview on 18th April, fingerprint retaken on 20th etc and showed him the copy of the interview results that he had issued to us saying "awaiting FP results". He took that copy and said he will look into the case.

In the meantime we had moved to a different address and had sent AR-11 form and had also sent letter to CIS-Baltimore and CIS-Vermont informing them about our change of address about 10 days back. When I met the officer during the EAD I also had mentioned about our address change, and he asked if we had sent AR-11, and I told him that I have sent AR-11 and also sent express mail to CIS-Baltimore and CIS_Vermont. To be on the safer side I also called the National USCIS yesterday and informed about the address change (she took note of new and old address and said will communicate to CIS-Baltimore and said if I do not hear of an acknowledgement that they have received my request for an address change in next 30 days then I should call them and let them know).

Anyway, the good news is that we received communication From CIS-Baltimore, issued on 8th Aug., informing us saying that "in order to complete the processing required to complete to issue an Alien Registration Receipt Card, form I-551, you are required to appear at the CIS-Baltimore within 30 days of the date of the letter, to complete Form I-89". Also, asked to bring passport and two passport style photos. I have already taken an infopass appouintment for 23 Aug.

What are these form I-551 amd I-89. I was under impression from the discussion in this forum that people generally receive letter stating clearly that the case is approved. I dont know if ours is approval or a letter for further processing - can anybody tell me what this letter means.

Thanks

saurnav,
did you paper-file or e-file your EAD? and when?
I am wondering what is the processing time now... we all just paper-filed for EAD's to Vermont, expecting the applications to be transferred to Baltimore...
Thanks!

Compass,

I always preferred paper filing and I did paper file this time as well. My previous EAD would be expiring 27 Sept. I filed for EAD to Vermont around 20 June (I made sure that the receipt date at Vermont be at least 90 days before the expiry date of the current EAD so that in worse case one could go to the local office and get an interim EAD on the 91st day), received a receipt notice from Vrmont around first week of July that they have received my petition followed by a transfer notice in the middle of July from Vermont that EAD petition is tranferred to Baltimore, and then finally received an Interview Letter from Baltimore in the last week of July with interview scheduled on 8th August.

Let me know if will need any other info. As for my case I am still thinking if we are called for completing only I-89 or our passport will also be stamped when we visit CIS-Baltimore next based on the letter we received!!

Again, we have already requested online to change address on our drivers license, and expecting before the date we visit Baltimore. Is it also required that the passport needs to be updated with the new address for passport stamping or it si not an issue if we already have our drivers license updated with the address? Any suggestions?

Hi saurnav,
Thanks a lot for the information, it helps me a lot!
I also filed in paper and I was hoping, since I attached photos there, they (VSC) may simply approve without transferring...seems this is not true...
And I also applied so that notice should be about 10 days before these 90 days - for my family.
And for me, this is the 1st EAD (I was on H-1 and was hoping to get the card after interview, which did not happen :( ). So, I am wondering if they gave you EADs on August 8 valid from August 8, or from August 27(28) after your old EADs expiration date? And valid for one year? I heard that they plan to change it to 2 years...
From your info I see that you got interview for EAD approx. in 2 months after filing. This is very important for me, since it is my 1st EAD, I may get it in 2 months instead of 3 months...unfortunately looks like I must move to TX in a months or so (my project is moving together with my salary :) ), and I will simply wait for EAD to come to be able to start working there... this is so unfortunate since I do not know what will happen to my files, I think they will transfer from Baltimore to TX... and then maybe I will get to the end of TX line and maybe wait for another interview :(

Compass,

The new EAD is valid from 29 July 05 to 28 July 06 (or I think 29 July 2006 - I do not have the card with me at the moment). I think this is because on 29 July they approved the EAD and called for interview (this is not an usual interview, no questions asked, they only ask you to check your name and date of birth and take a photograph which is laminated on the EAD). I read somerwhere in this forum that one could request to start the new EAD validity from the day the old one expires and the remain valid for one year, but I did not explore this as how this works.

Well, I am sure you will get the interview letter soon. Have you already got the receipt notice from Vermont? After this you will receive a transfer notice from VMT and then an interview letter from Balti. In my case it all took about 50 days.

As for your move to TX, I think you should talk to your attorney as how it is going to impact your case. Yours is NIW and since you will be working in the same field it should not be a problem, but of course if you move to another state one concern surely arises is that how long it is going to take. Can you not find a job here in MD or can you maintain your primary residence here in MD. Talk to a lawyer to figure out if there is any simple solution. I hope your name check gets cleared quickly and that you get your approval quickly. GOOD LUCK.

saurnav,
Thanks a lot for your detailed response! This helps me a lot to plan..
So they still give the starting date for EAD even before the interview date...ok again we loose about 4 months, actually we must renew this thing every 8 months...well, this is the life.
I thought about trying not to change my address with Baltimore INS, but it looks like it would not work for me, for a simple money issue. I do not have a lawyer, I had when I filed I-140, but later we both lost jobs, and when my I-140 was approved, only I had a job and not well paid. So I just filed I-485 by myself. My spouse could not find a full time job yet, and my daughter is a full time university student. She needs one more year here in MD to graduate, and I must leave her here, so I thought about keeping same apartment but I am not sure I can afford paying for it. probably she will move to a cheap room. Of course I could find a job here in MD, but I feel that it is not good and the 'right' thing to do is continue on my project because my boss is counting on me.
I have not received a notice from VSC for me and my daughter yet, but I received one for my spouse (I sent this about a week earlier). But according to your information, I expect it soon...and then EAD after 50 days :)
I hope I can manage to survive, even after moving, with the help of this great forum information!

Compass,
You will be fine - do not worry too much on your GC. Even if you move to TX, if you make sure that in your category you are allowed to move to another state, and if that is the only option you have, then you have to do that anyway. Although it will be good if you could get your GC, but it seems you do not have much in your hand at this point. Just maintain your EAD and I am sure you will get your GC one day. Do not waste time on thinking about GC - it will come when it has to come, but keep doing whatever is needed to expedite it. The financial issue you mentioned is a temporary situation, and I am sure you will have many good opportunities. Wish you all the best in everything and good luck for a speedy 485 approval.

saurnav,
Thanks for your nice words! You are absolutely right: I worry too much, and I spend too much time worrying instead of doing things...
anyway, I will update you about my case when I get news on EADs and name check etc...
please let me know when you will get news on your case!

saurnav,
I did e-mail to FBI (you mean that by NNCP, right?) only once, in oct 2004, and got reply (after 4 months or so) that it is pending ...maybe I should try one more time, that is a good idea! but the reply again will come in 5-6 months...still, I will do it.
I thought easier way would just go to Baltimore office every months and ask them, I plan to go there in couple of weeks. They look at the computer and say current status (pending), when I was there last time, they said pending as of today (July 25) and gave me a letter about that: A#, pending background check, and it says they are not supposed even tell me the details! Maybe I'll go again, get one more letter, scan it, and attach to the e-mail to FBI...

Compass,
Yes, I think you should write to them again FBI or NNCP (I think both are same but you should check that). Send email and send overnight letter or whatever. You should try everything possible to expedite the process. Baltimore people will only tell you if it was cleared or not. But keeping in touch with FBI will give you direct info. and that you can present to the Baltimore. Anyway, once you know it is done you should write to Baltimore (Express mail with proof of signature) giving all the details and requesting them to approve your case.

saurnav,
yes, I will do it, after getting one more letter from baltimore... but nor much hope it will have any effect, the thing is, they reply after 5-6 months, does not matter to e-mail or mail! I have sent them a letter by mail in february (this year :) ) asking to expedite my name check and I attached a 'no response' FOIPA , from themselves, and still they did not reply yet, after 7 months... :(

Just an update on my visit toady at Baltimore center. As I had mentioned earlier we had received letter from Baltimore to appear to complete I-89 for completing I-551. Our finger prints and signatures were taken on requisite forms. We met the interviewing officer as well and he said our passports will also be stamped today. We were asked to wait but after sometime the officer personally came and said that our case is approvable but he cannot find a file which has to go along with the approval and said that it will be done very quickly in a matter of a day or 2, but certainly by the end of this week and he will call us and leave message. He took our contact number and said once we hear from him we can directly come and appear for passport stamping. We do not have to take any infopass appointment and has issued open referal forms which will allow us to get in there and get our passport stamped. The officer is very helpful and tried to complete the process today but finally something was missing but was told that it will be put together quickly, and everything will be complete by the end of next week at most, including passport stamping. We thanked and appreciated his help in the process and left. Hoping to receive his call and get the passport stamped soon.

Approval Letter

Got Approval Letter from Baltimore Office

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everybody,

I got an approval letter for my I-495 yesterday(08/24). I didn't get passport stamp at the time of the interview because my background check was pending. Now, I have an Infopass appointment for passport stamping. Good luck to everyone!!!!

My dates were:

08/31/2004: Sent all paperwork( I-130, I-495, I-795)
09/07/2004: Receipts for all applications
09/17/2004: Transfer notice to Baltimore Office
09/24/2004: EAD appointment notice
10/07/2004: Got EAD
01/28/2005: Fingerprints notice
02/18/2005: Fingerprints done
04/02/2005: Interview notice
05/16/2005: Interview without stamp( background check pending)
05/26/2005: I-130 Approval Letter
06/23/2005: EAD renewal receipt
08/09/2005 : Tranfer notice for EAD to Baltimore office
08/22/2005 : I-485 approval
08/24/2005: Got I-485 approval letter

second background check

Update for my case:
my name check is pending since oct 2003, case is at local office after interview. I was there on Friday asking about the status, and got the answer: still pending. And the officed added also:
another background check was submitted on July 19, 2005, because the 1st was pending so long....
Anyone had that experience? would that help or in contrary they would now wait for two checks???