Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Hi compass,

Congrats for your interview.
nemessis

compass said:
Team:
I received interview letters yesterday for all 3 of us (me, spouse, child). Interviews will be on June 8. Standard list of docs to have... will start preparation...
I attach updated tracker.
My friend has interview today in Baltimore (her TD was couple of weeks later than mine), I will update as soon as I will meet her after that.

It looks like Dec' TD are getting interviews around June time period.
I got fingerprinted in March 2004. Assuming my interview is scheduled in June/July, do I have to get another FP done?

gc4us said:
Hi GlenMD,
Glad to hear the updates from your side. As for your wife, I think they are probably talking about the general timeline.... As per the record from the past few weeks, it should not take more than a couple of weeks. Good luck in all your endeavours.

Good to hear about the "Genuine" ness of Rajiv Khanna. That is nice of him, professionally and personally.
===== thanks gc4us for your wishes.......
Best wishes,
V!

Transfer Notice

gra said:
vikramab-
I dont remember exactly my FP date but it was around last April. Do I need another one?
My case details: EB2
140/485 ND :22 June 2003
140 RFE: Mar 2004
140 AD: Aug-31 2004
1485 RFE: Oct-2004
Baltimore TD: 12/21/2004

I think it will be valid for more then a year, I am not 100% sure how long FP are valid

Today I have called Custormer representative at Vermont center and asked her, why didn't I received Tranfer notification when my case has been transffered. She told me if I didn't received any thing(Hard Copy) the soft copy should be fine. Jus wondering is there any one there with similar way.

my friend's interview experience

Dear Friends,
Thank you all so much for your warm wishes to my interview! Already nervious, still not started collecting docs...

Here is my friend's interview experience (from April 27th):

She came with her husband and lawyer, they took oath first and then sat down at a desk, and lawyer was sitting beside them so that they could not talk or communicate any info during interview.

First she was questioned, then her husband. For her, questions were through the I-485 list (communist parties, arrests, etc.), and if she still works for the petitioning employer (she is EB3). Officer took her last paystubs, but did not ask for EVL and for any taxes. For husband, it was short, just I-485 questions I think, did not ask paystubs or taxes at all. Both were asked to show all passports since entered in USA, EADs or H-1s, original birth certificates and translations. Both were asked to spell parent's names, including middle names of parents :) , and this info was introduced to the computer. Asked about marriage date. Did not ask new photos (used same which were in files).

They both did give signatures and one finger print on the 'white form'.

Finally, it was 2 problems/delays:

1) Officer told that she needs to verify employment through computer (??? first time I hear such a thing), and after this will be done she will be able to approve;

2) They had not 'notarized' translations of birth certificates, but 'authorized', which is when someone translates that and states in writing that he/she is fluent in both languages, and signes, and gives his/her name and full address. Lawyer told that such translation will be OK. But officer wanted notarized translations. Lawyer discussed this a bit, and officer agreed to submit as is, but said if will not work, will call lawyer within a week or so.

That was it...I hope they both will be approved soon, 'authorized' will work, and since my friend is really working for that employer, officer will find her on that computer...

baltimore interview

compass said:
Dear Friends,
Thank you all so much for your warm wishes to my interview! Already nervious, still not started collecting docs...

Here is my friend's interview experience (from April 27th):

She came with her husband and lawyer, they took oath first and then sat down at a desk, and lawyer was sitting beside them so that they could not talk or communicate any info during interview.

First she was questioned, then her husband. For her, questions were through the I-485 list (communist parties, arrests, etc.), and if she still works for the petitioning employer (she is EB3). Officer took her last paystubs, but did not ask for EVL and for any taxes. For husband, it was short, just I-485 questions I think, did not ask paystubs or taxes at all. Both were asked to show all passports since entered in USA, EADs or H-1s, original birth certificates and translations. Both were asked to spell parent's names, including middle names of parents :) , and this info was introduced to the computer. Asked about marriage date. Did not ask new photos (used same which were in files).
parents name dont they already have it on file on the biographic information sheet???????? and entering into the computer?????
can somebody shed some insight into this.
They both did give signatures and one finger print on the 'white form'.

Finally, it was 2 problems/delays:

1) Officer told that she needs to verify employment through computer (??? first time I hear such a thing), and after this will be done she will be able to approve;
what is this verification??????????? mean can anybody guess
2) They had not 'notarized' translations of birth certificates, but 'authorized', which is when someone translates that and states in writing that he/she is fluent in both languages, and signes, and gives his/her name and full address. Lawyer told that such translation will be OK. But officer wanted notarized translations. Lawyer discussed this a bit, and officer agreed to submit as is, but said if will not work, will call lawyer within a week or so.

That was it...I hope they both will be approved soon, 'authorized' will work, and since my friend is really working for that employer, officer will find her on that computer...

what should I do

Hi Guys:

my case was transfered at middle of December,04 and have not receive interview letter yet. however, my labor certificates is going to expire at the end of this month, and I send my application to baltimore to renew it at the middle of march, there is still a more than a month that I could go to baltimore to have a temperary labor card. what should I do, can I still work without the approve of my labor certificates, anyone have such experience?

Help please:

Exactly, my lc is going to expire in three weeks. if I take a inforpass, will the baltimore office give me a temperary LC certificates? and I just send my renew of LC one and half month ago.

I even could not schedual a appoinment for I-765, one is because it said if your application has been 90 days, one is there appointment available even it has been 90 days. what should I do?

Madss said:
Help please:

Exactly, my lc is going to expire in three weeks.
--LC is going to expire??? Approved LC dont expire and it belongs to employer

if I take a inforpass, will the baltimore office give me a temperary LC certificates?
LC is approved by DOL, why the USCIS give you LC? and LC is the first step of GC and is filed by employer
and I just send my renew of LC one and half month ago.
---- LC renew ????

***** I think you are asking about EAD, if it is EAD post in EAD related thread

I am sorry, It is EAD, it is the third renew of EAD. anyone in this thread has the experience. because I am waiting for interview letter (EB2) from baltimore.

czlayoun are you here?

I search the EAD renew in this thread and found that czlayoun had the same situation. He had a ead expire 10 days before the 90 days requiremnt to get a intrim EAD. I do not know how czlayoun's case is going. are you still be able to work, did it affect your GC approval.

Hi Ugathens and Silent,

Did you receive 485 approval. I remember you both had to submit documents after the interview. What is the status? I have been interviewed on the 18th April, but had to update fingerprint which I did on the 20th April (results sent to the INS on the same day 20th April), haven't heard anything so far. Would like to hear from you guys as how things are moving with your cases. Thanks.

my friend is approved in Baltimore office

My friend and her husband (had interview on April 27) received approval letters :)
so, looks like 'authorized' translation of the birth certificate was ok...

Hi saurav,

Normally by checking the trends / observation in the forum, it is taking around 2 weeks to 3 weeks (from last couple of months) to get the approval.

so as you did your FP on 20th with 15th may (max..) should receive the approval.

Hi GlenMD,
Thanks for your note. Hope it goes the way you predicted.
Did you see that 485 are approved within 2-3 weeks for cases where they needed to submit additional documents or update FPs. Thanks.

compass said:
My friend and her husband (had interview on April 27) received approval letters :)
so, looks like 'authorized' translation of the birth certificate was ok...

Good to hear another "Success" story @ Baltimore.....
Congratulations to your friend and family.

How is your preparation going Compass? Good luck :)

Cheers!!!
V!

Thanks gc4us!
I am too lazy...I am doing only thinking and worrying, did not start collecting docs yet...just yesterday found 3 old folders for my family and removed dust from them, thats all by now :)
I think I must call IRS and ask for 2004 tax reports, earlier 3 years I got already :)