Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

glenmd said:
Hi Gc4us,

congrats to see the card. It is good.

anyway we will be going on wednesday and get her stamping done.

In the mean time, I got the letters "Welcome to America " and it said that cards will be mailed within 3 weeks.....

did you also get same type of letters.??

thanks
glenMD

Thanks for your wishes.... GlenMD.
YES... We received the welcome letter stating that our cards will arrive in the mail.... There was another envelope with the actual card. We were out of town for the past 4 days and checked our mailbox just this evening.... I am not sure if they came on different dates or on the same day.... But it is definitely between thursday and saturday....

Good luck for a speedy arrival...
Cheers!!!
V!

vikramab said:
Guys,

My case transferred 22nd Dec of 2004, till now I didn't received any transfer notification. I was wondering how long it will take to receive the transfer notification, any of you guys are in the same boat.

Any inputs on this are highly appreciated

did you get any notice so far ?????????

yesterday my spouse got the stamping done.

I wanted to thank gc4us for trying to swap his appointment to me. It was really nice of him.

I also got the card. we asked with IIO about the timeline for my spouse card, she said as 6 months.... I am hoping that she may get in a week or 2 weeks.

Also one thing i wanted to tell this forum how rajiv khanna had been helpful. while preparing for the interview, at that time, i had called him and asked him to join me for the interview(as my case was a NOID case.......). But he said that there is no need for him to be present. Also he said if at all it is required he would come, he said not to waste money on getting him, he provided me the cell phone and told me to call him on the day of the interview if at all i require, he would definitely show up within 2 hours(traveling time from virginia to baltimore). Also he surprised me calling me at 7.00 AM in the morning of interview and provided the morale to attend the interview. So, I really feel that is really great of him to provide the gesture..... Just thought of sharing this with the forum......

Saurav, did you hear anything from baltimore office.....

thanks
glenmd

GlenMD: Congratulations on completing the process. I am sure your wife will also receive her card soon. All the best for all your future endeavor. It is good to know about Rajiv's support and concerns for his clients!!

No, I haven't heard anything from INS yet. As you know my FP was retaken and it could not be done immediately - there was a delay of two days (Interview was on the 18th and FP was given on the 20th). I was told that the FP results were sent to INS on 20th, and I am now awaiting approval from INS. Let us see when we receive those letters!!

Vikramab-
My case got transferred the same day like yours 12/21/2004.
Hopefully both of us get the notices soon.

IL received

Team:
I received interview letters yesterday for all 3 of us (me, spouse, child). Interviews will be on June 8. Standard list of docs to have... will start preparation...
I attach updated tracker.
My friend has interview today in Baltimore (her TD was couple of weeks later than mine), I will update as soon as I will meet her after that.

Congrats Compass, Wish you the best of luck with your interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Transfer Notice

gra said:
Vikramab-
My case got transferred the same day like yours 12/21/2004.
Hopefully both of us get the notices soon.

Can you please pass on your details like, FP date, EB2/EB3 ??

compass said:
Team:
I received interview letters yesterday for all 3 of us (me, spouse, child). Interviews will be on June 8. Standard list of docs to have... will start preparation...
My friend has interview today in Baltimore (her TD was couple of weeks later than mine), I will update as soon as I will meet her after that.

I have the same problem, my name check was stuck I sent 2 letter 2 weeks ago but never got a respond, would be plz let me know your experience since we almsot have the same time frame?

vikramab said:
Can you please pass on your details like, FP date, EB2/EB3 ??

vikramab-
I dont remember exactly my FP date but it was around last April. Do I need another one?
My case details: EB2
140/485 ND :22 June 2003
140 RFE: Mar 2004
140 AD: Aug-31 2004
1485 RFE: Oct-2004
Baltimore TD: 12/21/2004

my namecheck problem/experience

nino77,
briefly my namecheck problem/experience is:
- sent e-mail to FBI on Oct 22, 2004 asking about status
- received response (e-mail) in Jan 2005, that mine and spouse's namechecks are pending since Oct 2003 (my child's completed in april 2004)
- sent FOIPA (end of Jan? 2005)
- received FOIPA 'no record' response (Feb? 2005)
- sent a letter by regular mail to Hardy with copies asking to expedite namechecks (end of Feb 2005 I think)
all details are in my earlier posts.

I have not received any response yet. I got interview in about a month, so I am going just wait (I do not want bother them too much) and hope it will clear until then. I will not send another e-mail since I have not much chance to get a response before interview. At least on interview i will find out, and if it will be still pending, I will think what else I can do...

glenmd said:
yesterday my spouse got the stamping done.

I wanted to thank gc4us for trying to swap his appointment to me. It was really nice of him.

I also got the card. we asked with IIO about the timeline for my spouse card, she said as 6 months.... I am hoping that she may get in a week or 2 weeks.

Also one thing i wanted to tell this forum how rajiv khanna had been helpful. while preparing for the interview, at that time, i had called him and asked him to join me for the interview(as my case was a NOID case.......). But he said that there is no need for him to be present. Also he said if at all it is required he would come, he said not to waste money on getting him, he provided me the cell phone and told me to call him on the day of the interview if at all i require, he would definitely show up within 2 hours(traveling time from virginia to baltimore). Also he surprised me calling me at 7.00 AM in the morning of interview and provided the morale to attend the interview. So, I really feel that is really great of him to provide the gesture..... Just thought of sharing this with the forum......

Saurav, did you hear anything from baltimore office.....

thanks
glenmd

Hi GlenMD,
Glad to hear the updates from your side. As for your wife, I think they are probably talking about the general timeline.... As per the record from the past few weeks, it should not take more than a couple of weeks. Good luck in all your endeavours.

Good to hear about the "Genuine" ness of Rajiv Khanna. That is nice of him, professionally and personally.

Best wishes,
V!

saurnav said:
gc4us: CONGRATS on competing the GC process, all the best for all your future endeavor. Enjoy life.

Thanks a lot Saurnav..... Wishing you and yours the very best too. May you all have a peaceful and bright future.

Wishes
V!

compass said:
Team:

Hi Compass,
Very glad to hear about your Interview letter. Wishing you all the very best and a smooth sail.
You were kind enough to publish the "Tracker" sheet for the Baltimore group. Thanks a lot. Please keep us posted. Such an arduous journey should be rewarded.

Did you get any status updates from your friend after her interview...?

If there is anything that you need from me w.r.t my interview experience, please let me know.

P.S. Thanks for updating the tracker once again. I have updated my entry and a couple of others.....
Those who are interested [recently transferred] might want to update the tracker. If you post your details, I can update it for you.

Best wishes
V!

Interview Date

Received interview letter on 4/28/2005, Interview scheduled for June 9th 2005, please send tips for interview.....................

TIA

ice9 said:
Received interview letter on 4/28/2005, Interview scheduled for June 9th 2005, please send tips for interview.....................

TIA

Hi ice9,
Congrats..... Looks like Baltimore is clearing up Dec-2004 TD files....
There are a lot of messages that can collectively answer your request, especially from March-2005 to April-2005. There are atleast 6 people who got interviewed, approved, stamped and received their cards....
I will quote some of the posts here....
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1099512&postcount=582
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1119006&postcount=721
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1111230&postcount=653
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1113652&postcount=676
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1085577&postcount=520

If you have any additional questions.... post them and I am sure there are a lot of "GEMs" who have chartered through these waters...

Good luck
V!!