Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

gra said:
Thanks Ginnu for the previous reply. I have another question.
I was thinking of moving (change address) (not that I have to- just because of rent increase). Since my interview could be somewhere in June or July (only assuming), could that impact my application. ?
Or, it does not matter?
------ it does not matter if they change the address on pendingI-485
If this could impact my application by even 1%, I would probably stay where I currently am.
------- the problem is that if you change your address now still they may send interview date notice to old address. you can go to local USCIS office where file is pending and update the new address.If I am in your situation I will wait for Interview and will change the address for card at the time of interview.

saurnav said:
Ginnu:

Thanks for your remark on the date arrival issue. If asked I will just explain the situation. In fact the reason I gave the last date of arrival as the date of first arrival because the return date from Canada was not marked in my passport. Also the way the question is asked in 485 as if they want a date of entry with an I-94, and there was no exchange of I-94 for this Canada visit. The only way the officer will notice a trip if he goes through my passport thoroughly, he will then notice that an entry date into Canada is there but the return date from Canada is missing. Anyway, I will just explain the situation and tell them when I returned from Canada, and hope that should be OK for the officer.
-- explain only if asked
I will keep a couple of pay stubs covering time before and after the visit to Canada, just in case!!

One more thing, you may have noticed in my earlier messages that my last fp is more than two years old.
---- I dont read past messages
I visited Baltimore center and they said I will need to update my FP but it will be requested at the time of interview. One possibility will be that they will send me an FP notice by mail, this way it will take about a month to retake my FP, followed by all the clearance may lead to delay in the 485 approval.
--------FP from FBI are cleared in 2-5 days maximum
Is there anything I can do at this stage. Do you think visiting the center one more time might help.
-------- nothing wrong in trying
485someday was successful in updating his FP. On the otherhand, I may bump into the same officer or I may even find the same officer at the interview, and then things will not look very sweet. Who knows!! Do you have any comments or suggestions. Will appreciate your response and also from others. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
gc4us said:
My guess is that it is a routine letter. If you check the posting from those who had a "Smooth Sail" during their interviews in this thread, they were also given 120 days for their next status updates. "Ugathens", I believe, had to submit an additional document and was given 3+3 months.
Wishing you a speedy approval.
As my interview is on April-06-2005, could you give some additional details on what exactly was required for your "Proof of Birth".
- Did you submit Non-availability and Affidavit earlier during AOS?
- Did you have any other Proof-of-Birth document and was not sufficient?

Thanks in advance for your time and response,
V!!

Yes, the receipt letter said that they will take another 240 days for the final decision, although the officer at the interview scene told me that I have to wait for six months.

Ugathens

Ginnu: Thanks for your helpful comments. If it takes a few days for FBI clearance I will rather wait until interview for the fp.

ugathens said:
Yes, the receipt letter said that they will take another 240 days for the final decision, although the officer at the interview scene told me that I have to wait for six months.

Ugathens

Ugathens:

When did you get final approval after submitting additional document .
SKB2005

Hi,
I am now filing my 2004 tax return. My mom has been visiting me several times in the last few years, and as per tax rules she qualifies to be claimed as a dependent of mine in 2004. Claiming her my dependent saves me tax money. She will need to get a ITIN # which can be requested in a separate W7 form to be submitted along with the tax return, and I will need to paper file the whole thing. At the interview I will need to show a copy of this tax return, and I was wondering if the officer will be confused seeing an additional dependent in the 1040 without a Soc. Sec. # or ITIN #, and additional forms for ITN # for my mom etc. The officer may not see this at the interview but may notice this later when they approve after the interview. Will this showing of additional dependent raise concern for them and if that can impact approval in any way. What do you suggest: shall I go ahead and claim her as a dependent for 2004 now or file an ammendmend of tax 1040 later claiming her to be my dependent. Please advice as what should be a good approach. Thanks.

Approval Notice Received

Horrrrrrayyyyyyyy........Just wanted to update evryone on the board that both my wife & I got our approval notices in the mail yesterday. Exactly 1 week after the interview. Thanks for everyone's well wishes. I wish a speedy approval for everyone else. We have our stampings scheduled via infopass on April 11th, 2005. Will update you on how it goes.
Regards,
485someday

Congratulations once again 485Someday..... : :)
I guess it is time to change your account [if you still want to hang out here..... occasionally :) :rolleyes: :) ] name to CitizenSomeday.... (Kidding... :) )
Happy for you and Wishing you the very best in all your future endeavours.

Wishing all the rest of us Waiting a speedy approval as well...

Thanks for your time,
Cheers!!
V!

Hi,
Do we also need to get MD state tax return transcripts along with Federal Tax transcripts for three years. Or only 3 years federal tax transcripts from IRS will be enough for the interview.

Also, what one should get from the employer. In the interview letter it says Employer's Tax Returns and Financial Statements. Are these two different documents, and for how many years one will need to carry.

hi all,

I wanted to know whether getting a speeding ticket is a traffic violation??

thanks
GlenMD

How Can I get my FP notice?

My I-485 ND is Sep18, 2003 and never received a FP notice. When I called VSC rep they are wondering about not issuing FP notice but no +ive response from them. They suggested me to go and meet the local officer (Baltimore) and request for FP notice.

Any body has similar experience with Baltimore office and got FP notice? If so, please suggest me. Or any other suggestions for me in getting FP notice? Thanks.

glenmd said:
hi all,

I wanted to know whether getting a speeding ticket is a traffic violation??

thanks
GlenMD

Hi GlenMD,
Are you asking if a Speeding Ticket is something that one had to disclose during the GC interview? If that is your question, I believe the answer is NO. I remember from reading other threads that this is not a topic of worry.
Just pulled this from the other website....
http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/...=1664000912&m=608100494&r=608100494#608100494

Cheers!!
V!

Hi gc4us,

Normally, I am seeing in the post. that they ask the following:=

Did you had any traffic violations??

so by seeing the above question. I was thinking are they mean by speeding tickets. If so then i had a speeding ticket around 3 years back. So I was thinking of getting clarification on that.

Also i was trying to see whether speeding ticket categorized under traffic violations.??

Thanks
GlenMD

AFAIK, your tickets are removed from your driving history after 2 years. It stays in the database for Insurance companies, though, for 3 years. [I can vouch this from my past experience].

As for responding to this question during an interview, I am not sure if it will be taken as a very serious offense, even if one were to admit a "Speeding Violation".
A violent crime, conviction, arrest would be detrimental whereas a speeding ticket..... Hmmm!!!! :rolleyes:

P.S: I added a link to my previous post on this dicsussion....

Supporting docs for Spouse

Hi all,
I am in the final stages of doc prep.
For those who have already chartered through these waters.... What document copies should I have in my spouse's file.
The checklist from Baltimore is more generic..... it says
- LC ETA-750 Package
- I-140 package
- I-485 Package
- Employment verification letter
- W2s

Out of these, I can mange some papers for I-485 which has my wife's particulars. Should I take copies of my LC, 140 et al...... and place it in my wife's binder too..... Sounds Dumb :( ....

Thanks for your time,
V!

glenmd said:
Hi gc4us,

Normally, I am seeing in the post. that they ask the following:=

Did you had any traffic violations??
------ they will just ask if you have been ARRESTED
so by seeing the above question. I was thinking are they mean by speeding tickets. If so then i had a speeding ticket around 3 years back. So I was thinking of getting clarification on that.

Also i was trying to see whether speeding ticket categorized under traffic violations.??

Thanks
GlenMD

gc4us said:
Hi all,
I am in the final stages of doc prep.
For those who have already chartered through these waters.... What document copies should I have in my spouse's file.
The checklist from Baltimore is more generic..... it says
- LC ETA-750 Package( that is not needed it is in file with USCIS Officer)
- I-140 package( that is not needed it is in file with USCIS Officer)
- I-485 Package( that is not needed it is in file with USCIS Officer)
- Employment verification letter( needed)
- W2s (last 3 years)
- ... tax filing( last3 years)
- ... all EAD,AP( for you and spouse)
- keep recent 3-4 pay stubs
-- birth certificate and mariage certificates
---I-94
*** make the copy of each document, they will see the orignal and keep the copy
*** from they derivative spouse they will need marriage certificate
Out of these, I can mange some papers for I-485 which has my wife's particulars. Should I take copies of my LC, 140 et al...... and place it in my wife's binder too..... Sounds Dumb :( ....

Thanks for your time,
V!