Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

congrats lulu and best of luck in your future.

It is really good to hear a "FRESH AND GOOD NEWS".

Thanks
GlenMD

New criteria for interview

I have seen that...am not sure how it will affect us, those who is already transferred...would they transfer us back? It may result in even longer delays....and what if one family member meets that criteria (principal) and other does not (dependent), would they keep interview for dependent and approve principal?

Hi,
I visited Baltimore center today. I told the officer that my last FP is more than two years old and will they need a new FP. She said yes, they will need to retake one but she cannot issue a notice. It will be done at the interview since they will need to schedule an appointment for an FP, and it is not possible that one could come in and get a notice. Well, although it has worked for 485someday but it seems it is not a rule.

485someday, thanks for sharing your experience and I am happy that I tried.

After Interview when approval notice is sent

Hi
After filing I-485 in May 2003 , my EB-1 case was transferred to District Center in July 2004 to schedule interview which was conducted in Jan, 2005. Everything was OK in the interview except the Non-availability of birth certificate which was submitted within 3 weeks. After submitting this document, I have been communicated the letter to take another 240 days for its final decision.

Please advice if this is a routine letter or specific to EB1.

Thanks

SBK2005 said:
Hi
After filing I-485 in May 2003 , my EB-1 case was transferred to District Center in July 2004 to schedule interview which was conducted in Jan, 2005. Everything was OK in the interview except the Non-availability of birth certificate which was submitted within 3 weeks. After submitting this document, I have been communicated the letter to take another 240 days for its final decision.

Please advice if this is a routine letter
--yes
or
specific to EB1.
--nothing to do with EB1 or EB2
** take infopass and visit local office, if dont get Satisfactory answer talk to supervisor.
Thanks

SBK2005 said:
Hi

Please advice if this is a routine letter or specific to EB1.

Thanks
My guess is that it is a routine letter. If you check the posting from those who had a "Smooth Sail" during their interviews in this thread, they were also given 120 days for their next status updates. "Ugathens", I believe, had to submit an additional document and was given 3+3 months.
Wishing you a speedy approval.
As my interview is on April-06-2005, could you give some additional details on what exactly was required for your "Proof of Birth".
- Did you submit Non-availability and Affidavit earlier during AOS?
- Did you have any other Proof-of-Birth document and was not sufficient?

Thanks in advance for your time and response,
V!!

Hi,
Since a new FP could not be retaken at Baltimore center after getting the interview letter (my last FP is two years old), I was wondering how this would impact the processing at the interview. Abybody who has any experience where an FP (after its expiry) was retaken at the time of interview, and how did it impact the final approval of 485, meaning was it delayed. Will highly appreciate if somebody would please share his/her experience here. Thanks.

actually, I was searching for that. but in one case, One of the case was transfered to baltimore due to the FP problems. But the applicant had to get the Police clearance ceritificate.After sending the certificate, she got the approval letter within 3 weeks.

I am still searching, still no success...

-GlenMD

Non Availability of Birth Record is required for AOS

gc4us said:
My guess is that it is a routine letter. If you check the posting from those who had a "Smooth Sail" during their interviews in this thread, they were also given 120 days for their next status updates. "Ugathens", I believe, had to submit an additional document and was given 3+3 months.
Wishing you a speedy approval.
As my interview is on April-06-2005, could you give some additional details on what exactly was required for your "Proof of Birth".
- Did you submit Non-availability and Affidavit earlier during AOS?
- Did you have any other Proof-of-Birth document and was not sufficient?

Thanks in advance for your time and response,
V!!

Despite of showing some documents of my date of birth at the time of interview,, I had to submit Certificate of Non Availability of Birth Records alongwith two affidavits- one from parents and second one from any close relative/ friend. They do not honor any birth certificates from consulates.

Hope this will answer your question.

GlenMD:

If you find anything relevant please post the info, and I will do the same if I comeacross anything. I did not see anything of this sort so far in other threads, it seems it is happening only in Balti.

Hi,
I made a mistake in giving the last arrival date in USA in 485. I gave the date when I first arrived in the USA as the last arrival date. After I arrived in the USA I made a short two-day trip of Canada by road. The entry date into Canada is marked on my passport but return date is not marked since those days the officer at the border would just check the visa for the USA and there was no exchange of I-94. I should have mentioned the date I returned from Canada as the last date of arrival in the USA even though it is not marked in the passport and there was no exchange of I-94. How should I handle this situation if the officer at the intervirew asks me "what was my last arrival date in the USA". Please advice, Thanks.

saurnav said:
Hi,
I made a mistake in giving the last arrival date in USA in 485. I gave the date when I first arrived in the USA as the last arrival date. After I arrived in the USA I made a short two-day trip of Canada by road. The entry date into Canada is marked on my passport but return date is not marked since those days the officer at the border would just check the visa for the USA and there was no exchange of I-94. I should have mentioned the date I returned from Canada as the last date of arrival in the USA even though it is not marked in the passport and there was no exchange of I-94. How should I handle this situation if the officer at the intervirew asks me "what was my last arrival date in the USA". Please advice, Thanks.
----I dont see any problem, if asked just explain( what they check is that you had valid I-94 at the time when I-485 was recieved by USCIS)

EAD Renewal

Ginnu -
I know that you had said that it is better to paper file the EAD application then to efile. Is there a specific reason not to e-file?

gra said:
Ginnu -
I know that you had said that it is better to paper file the EAD application then to efile. Is there a specific reason not to e-file?
----- with efiing I have read many mistakes and again after efiling you have to visit ASC for fingerprint, photographs. why not to send all the documents with paper filing becase the officer has evrything in pakage. if you feel that efiling is good go for it.

Ginnu:

Thanks for your remark on the date arrival issue. If asked I will just explain the situation. In fact the reason I gave the last date of arrival as the date of first arrival because the return date from Canada was not marked in my passport. Also the way the question is asked in 485 as if they want a date of entry with an I-94, and there was no exchange of I-94 for this Canada visit. The only way the officer will notice a trip if he goes through my passport thoroughly, he will then notice that an entry date into Canada is there but the return date from Canada is missing. Anyway, I will just explain the situation and tell them when I returned from Canada, and hope that should be OK for the officer. I will keep a couple of pay stubs covering time before and after the visit to Canada, just in case!!

One more thing, you may have noticed in my earlier messages that my last fp is more than two years old. I visited Baltimore center and they said I will need to update my FP but it will be requested at the time of interview. One possibility will be that they will send me an FP notice by mail, this way it will take about a month to retake my FP, followed by all the clearance may lead to delay in the 485 approval. Is there anything I can do at this stage. Do you think visiting the center one more time might help. 485someday was successful in updating his FP. On the otherhand, I may bump into the same officer or I may even find the same officer at the interview, and then things will not look very sweet. Who knows!! Do you have any comments or suggestions. Will appreciate your response and also from others. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ginnu for the previous reply. I have another question.
I was thinking of moving (change address) (not that I have to- just because of rent increase). Since my interview could be somewhere in June or July (only assuming), could that impact my application. ? Or, it does not matter?
If this could impact my application by even 1%, I would probably stay where I currently am.