Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Hi 485someday,

Congratulations on receiving the interview letter. I am not an expert to suggest what you should do regarding your 2nd FP. I am waiting for the Interview letter. My 485 was transferred on 28 Aug. to Baltimore. My spouse received notice for 2nd FP at the time of transfer but I did not. My attorney said that there is no rule that an FP gets expired after 15 months and that I did not receive the notice was because I did not need one, but I do not believe what my attorney said. Perhaps, somebody in the forum can clarify on this issue and also suggest as what you should do at this stage. ALL THE BEST and wish you 485 approval without hassle.

Hi wonderfulboy,

Congrats for your approval. Yes, I am following up your case. Thanks for providing me the motivation on move on with my GC process.

As I told you earlier, As my case is AC21 case and i am little bit afraid to contact the congressman or the senator to push my case. So again i am sitting in the fence and waiting for my turn.

I am visiting to Baltimore office on 25th to enquire about my case.

Let me see what they provide info regarding my case.

Thanks
GlenMD

Hi 485someday,

congrats for getting the interview letter and best of luck for your interview.

Hope you have filed / going to file your taxes before you go for the interview.

Can you tell me when was your case file transfered physically to Baltimore office.

As my case was also transfered to baltimore office 1 day before your transfer. But my case was transfered on Oct 10th 2004. So i just wanted to know (if you know about this) when was your case transfered.

Thanks
GlenMD

Glenmd:
1. Why is it important in your opinon to file the taxes for 2004 b4 the interview? My lawyer never mentioned this.
2. I have no idea when my file was physically transfered.
Regards,
485someday

485someday said:
Glenmd:
1. Why is it important in your opinon to file the taxes for 2004 b4 the interview? My lawyer never mentioned this.
----- your Interview in in March, you can go for the interview without filing 2004 tax. if you file before your Interview date then take the copy of tax filing

2. I have no idea when my file was physically transfered.
------- your lawyer may have got the notice for file transfer or just punch your I-485 reciept# online status and you will know the date when your file was Transfred from service center to Local USCIS office and from that date it takes 15-25 days to reach the file in local office. then it depends when the local office open the box of files that are transfred to local office
Regards,
485someday

Hi Ginnu,

Your reply to 485someday is useful for many. What you think about the Finger Print issue. Do you think it makes sense to believe that there is no laid down rule as FP expires after 15 months like my attorney had explained to me. Do you think there is enough time for the formalities to be complete linked with FP (such as name check etc) if one gets FP notice a few weeks before the interview or around the interview date, and passport can be stamped on the date of interview if everything else go well. What needs to be done if one does not receive a FP notice after 15 month of the last one and recieves only the Interview Letter. Thanks.

Hi all,

I had gone to Baltimore office today and then I asked about our(myself and spouse) case. The officer told me that it will take another month or 2 months to schedule the interview. She told me that it is in the box where they have all the applications which have to be scheduled.

Another surprise happened. I had gone there to check for 4th EAD renewal. As my wife got the 4th EAD renewal couple of weeks back. So I was concerned about my EAD renewal as i was the prinicipal applicant. So IIO was very nice and she told me to wait for 15 minutes and in the mean time, she went and spoke to another IIO and then after 15 minutes, the IIO called me that my EAD has been approved and she told me to pick up the EAD on March 8th (after receiving the snail mail about the approval). So I was little happy about today's visit.

Anyway, again the wait state is continuing......

thanks
GlenMD

GlenMD,

Thanks for the update......

Did you apply for your EAD at Vermont and then goto Baltimore for checking the status??...

Wow!!!.... 4th EAD renewal.... It definitely has been a long wait... I wish you and your family a quick approval.....

I believe you were talking about 6 to 8 months from the date baltimore received the papers, correct....

Do the officers at Baltimore tell an Infopass customer, the date they received the papers from VSC?...

Thanks and good luck,
V!

**** Visited Baltimore Office Today ****

I had taken an infoapss appointment today since I have my interview appointment on March 24th, 2005 and my fingerprints are more than 2 yrs old. Luckilly, I spoke to a nice IIO who issued an instant FP notice which saild that If fingerprints are more than 15 moths old then you have 30 days to retake them at either Baltimore, Wheaton or Salisbury.

Luckily, after pleading my case & waiting downstairs in G100 (FP Room) for 2 hrs I was able to retake em even though they had a lot of people with appointments.
Regards,
485someday.

Hi 485someday,

Thanks for the info. Does it mean that anybody whose FP is older than 15 months can go and request for a fresh FP even if he/she hasn't received an interview letter. What does it mean when you say one has 30 days. Can you please elaborate this. Thanks.

Hi GlenMD,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Did the officer mean that all the files transferred from VSC for interview are still in a BOX. I think it is a very vague answer. Well, I hope the time frame (6-8 months) she gave you does not get delayed any further!! Good to hear that your EAD is approved.

Hi gc4us,

I applied for EAD renewal for Vermont. In a week, they transfered the case to Baltimore, within 2 weeks from the transfer, my wife got the EAD renewal letter from baltimore. It was within 4 weeks from the day we applied for EAD renewal, she got the EAD renewal.

Yes IIO said that it takes 6 - 8 months from the Day of Transfer.

Yes, they will tell you when was the file physically transfered from VSC to baltimore.

Hi Saurnav,

IIO meant that all the applications which are reviewed by the officer are transfered to Interview Scheduling Box. I explicitly asked whether my case has been reviewed. she said YES(But i was not convinced by her answer as her answer was more generic. Anyway, I couldnt ask the same question.)

Let me know if you require any more info.

Thanks
GlenMD

Thanks GlenMD. When you say reviewed by officer - you mean officers at Baltimore and not at VSC, and those files reviewed by Baltimore officers are kept in box for interview scheduling. If this is so and if your file is already reviewed and kept in a separate box, then I think it is very close for you. I have taken an infopass appointment for the March 7 (I could not get earlier) to check on my case. I will wait some more time to contact the senator/congressman as it appears that they are normally taking 6-8 months. Well, how about your FP status, when was your last FP done.

Hi saurav,

when you go for Baltimore centre, you can clearly ask step by step of your case also.

But one thing is that IIO use to get annoyed at me when i was asking about the Case step by step. So I am hoping that Baltimore IIO has reviewed. Again that is my assumption as she started from transfering of file from VSC.

She also said that they are new IIO who are taking positions for 485 processing Interviews. Parallely there are training sessions for New IIO for taking the interviews.

I also thought of not going for congressman and wait for a month or two.

My FP was done January 2004. So I still have a month to expire.

Again I have to do the same thing 485someday did.

Anyway when i was asking about the timeline of the cases processing, she said that march 2004 cases are reviewed, then i told it should be family based green card. she said no, all greencard applications, (both family and employment), so i dont know whether to trust her words on that.

thanks
GlenMD

Baltimore Office Visit

Hi Saurnav ,

Regarding anybody whose FP is older than 15 months can go and request for a fresh FP even if he/she hasn't received an interview letter.
**** If you go w/out the interview letter they give you a standard reply that FP Notice will be sent at the time of Adjuntication ****

What does it mean when you say one has 30 days. Can you please elaborate this.
*** The notice says you have 30 days from the date it was issued to complete the FP. If you dont then your I-485 application is deemed abandoned. ****

Regards,
485someday.

Hi GlanMD,
No, I haven't yet recieved the interview letter. Will update here as soon as I receive it. Thanks.

Baltimore Visit Feb-25-2005 for XFerred case

Hi Group,
Just wanted to update you after I and My spouse visited Baltimore Office to check our status.
Our files were transferred from VSC on Sep-28-2004, after first FP was done early september, 2004.
After that, we changed our residence therefore sent AR-11, and Called VSC to notify our new address.
In Dec-2004, VSC sent us a letter asking us to notify Baltimore about the change of address. Did that and no feedback from anyone....

As our EADs are expiring in May-2005, We had sent Paper Appln to VSC on Feb-17-2005.
Took an infopass appointment for Feb-25-2005 at Baltimore and was there before 9:00 (Spouse had 9:30 AM). I had my turn at 10:00 AM. [Window 4, not that it matters...]
Told the lady staff about the history and she asked for a copy of my AR-11 to verify with their system. I gave them the copy and she stamped it for "proof-of-visit" to baltimore :):) and was about to verify my records. At that time, I asked her about applying for my Parole renewal.
So she called her supervisor on the phone to verify the procedure. She got back to me and asked why I needed the parole. I explained that I will need it for a planned trip to India in April. She then checked with her supervisor and then told me that, I would put the whole thing in jeopardy if i was out of country in April... :confused: :confused:
I asked her why so.?. She then told me that our interviews are scheduled for Mid April-2005 and If we were not available for that, re-scheduling could create nightmares.....
Also she told me that In this situation, even if she took our AP application, they would not approve a 1 year regular Parole as the GC Interview date is approaching soon. Therefore, they would only grant parole till the "Probable" interview date.... :confused: :confused:
She also suggested that we wait for our interview letter.... likely mid-march and then schedule an infopass appointment on the same day as our GC interview for AP application. This way, if GC interview does not conclude smoothly... [Name check or FP or something] we can apply for Parole on that same day.
Therefore we dropped our Parole Idea, for now.

Other than that, she confirmed that both our cases got transferred and are in the same folder and they have our most recent address that they verified from our IDs...

Hopefully, it proceeds smoothly hereon......

As for the EAD application sent to VSC.... We received our "Certified Mail" acknowledgment card, though. The checks have got cleared..... [No shortage of staff for this clearance... :) :) ]

If the date is set for April, then it is fair to conclude a 6 months gestation for Xfer cases.... for now....

Good luck to all of us.... "Sleepless :eek: In Baltimore" :)