Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

lulu001 said:
hi ginnu, thanks for the response!,

They send the notice from the Baltimore office,

I forgot to tell, My husband is the primary applicant, so for him they only asked for the photos and medical forms.
----- if Baltimore has asked for photographs and medical, it means they have looked at file and Interview letter can be sent any day
Me and my children(2) are beneficiaries of his application under employment and 245i, They also ask for the 3 of us (Beneficiaries), evidence that a visa petiton was filled in our behalf, so the lawyer wrote a letter explaining we are one family and sended the marriage cert. and birth cert.of my children.(even that was sended when we first apply)., we also send the aproval notice of I140.
------ I think your lawyer replied that you all 3 are derivative of primary applicant, you needed to send marriage certificate copy and BC copy of all dependents, I dont see any problem
Any way, what will they ask in the interview?
------- It is easy process, from your spouse they will ask how he entred US( becase he is 245(i), his employer recent letter, W-2, birth certificate, passport, Tax papers, recent pay stubs, they will check the name of his mother, father that was written on form G325A, he should also take EAD AP (if he has) I-94, will ask if you have any arrest record.
from the dependents they will just check the marriage certificate , BC, passports and same question if any arrest record. Make the copy of each document becase they will see the orignal and will take the copy. you all should take 2 Passport style photographs. get a good folder from Staples, and start collection documents and put it in diffrent folders and can make a index so that you know what document is where, provide what is asked, reply only to question what is asked, when officer asks question to your husband you should not reply, when officer asks any question from you your spouse should not reply ,Relax!!! Baltimore has good officers, Only one lady officer is.........

Thanks !!!! and good luck to every one!!!

Myself and my wife had applied for EAD renewal. We had applied for EAD renewal in VSC centre. Later on it was transfered to Baltimore office.

Today, My wife only got the interview letter for EAD renewal. Is this a normal???

As i was thinking that Baltimore office may directly send the renewal.

Please advice.

Thanks
GlenMD

My husband and I did the same,... my appointment letter arrived one day and the other the next day.

I think is just a post office delivery issue.

From my experience(2 times got EAD in Baltimore)The Interview for EAD is just to sined the document and they take a picture of you, then they give your new card fresh from the oven... stil warm. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
But for my wife, they have asked to bring the passport and previous EAD.

So i was worried as why they are having interview for EAD.

Also in the forum, i have not seen anybody having the interview for EAD.

Added to the above, it is over 4 months of transfering my 485 Case to Baltimore office. They should have sent the interview notice for 485 rather than the EAD interview.

Thanks a lot for your help.

GlenMD

Ginnu -
Thanks for the reply but why would it be better to paper file than to efile???

Glenmd

For my first EAD, since it past the 90 days that we aplied to VSC, we went directly to Baltimore office (this was before this infopass thing) and they issue our EAD with no problem, the procedure was the same as I'm telling you soon. My children got EAD too, in a different time and it was this same way too.

Then our case got transfered to Baltimore, and it has being 6 months and we haven't got our 485 interview jet, relax!!!

The time came to renew our EAD, we send it to VSC, we got our interview notice for Baltimore, they asked to bring passport ,old EAD and interview notice.

I'll tell you my experience, this way has being 3 times,(2 for me1 my children) and the 3 times the same officer has being there,and he is very nice.

When you arrive there, go to the window and they will give you a number, they will call your number (on a screen) and you have to go I belive is "station 13", they will see your passport and look that you are you, and they will make you sing a paper and check your name and birthday(it is actualy your new card), then they will take a picture and say to wait in the waiting area, a few minutes later the officer will come out with a bunch of new EAD and giving them to the persons waiting. The real process INTERVIEW does not take 5 minutes.

Did you file to renew your's and your wife's EAD?
I belive once the case is transfered to Baltimore, all EAD are with this interview. please correct me if I'm wrong.is what I belive.

good luck!

thanks a lot lulu001.

We were really concerned, after seeing your experience, we are feeling somewhat OK.

Hopefully everything will be fine.

Really got sick and tired for waiting for GC from last 4 years.

Thanks
GlenMD

Transferred case can Change Company

Hi Guys,

Dec 2004 my case has been transferred to local Baltimore INS, Is it OK to shift from my parent employer using AC21 or it is Risky.

EB3 Case
140 is cleared in 2003
and 485 applied in Nov 2003.

Case transferred to Baltimore INS on 22 Dec. 2004

Thanks

vikramab said:
Hi Guys,

Dec 2004 my case has been transferred to local Baltimore INS, Is it OK to shift from my parent employer using AC21 or it is Risky.
------- if your I-140 is approved AND I-485 is pending more than 180 days and new employer is ready to give you future job offer letter with same/similar job duties as on approved LC then you are eligible to use AC21. what you can do is send AC21 letter to Local USCIS office and invoke AC21, write on cover letter that your I-485 file has been transfred to Baltimore from.......... on date...... provide your A#, Name, DOB and write that your Intent has changed and you would like to work with employer XYZ on permanent basis after I-485 approval and attach copy of the I-485 filing reciept and AC21 letter . Send it by certified return reciept mail. they may or may not attach the AC21 letter with pending file.

Best option: join the new employer NOW and when you go for Interview (after 3-5 months) then you will have recent pay stubs through new employer and at the time of Interview give your new employer letter to use AC21 and also provide the copy of 3-4 recent pay stubs. you can also send the AC21 letter now but keep the copy of the employer letter with you and when you go for Interview then take the same letter (with recent date) with you so that you can provide the recent letter if they have not attached the letter to your file if you mail it now.
remember AC21 can be used only BEFORE I-485 approval
EB3 Case
----- what is your PD?????? ( PD is the date when your LC was filed)
* Do you belong to India, China?
**If your PD is AFTER Jan 1, 2002 then Baltimore will NOT send Interview notice till PD for you is not corrunt.
140 is cleared in 2003
and 485 applied in Nov 2003.

Case transferred to Baltimore INS on 22 Dec. 2004

Thanks

update and question for Marusia/khilona if they still visit here

Hi
My spouse whose transfer date is 13thSept (NIW) (not 15th as I had mentioned earlier, did not check actual notice before posting) received an interview notice yesterday, interview is on March 2nd. The letter lists standard papers to bring but does not have tick against the "2 photos" line. Marusia, did you take photos with you anyway? You write that you got your card one month after the interview. So my question is, did they stamp the passport as well as initiate plastic card process same day as the interview?
I will update the results of the interview. A name check status request did not produce response from FBI so we are not sure its done.

silent

silent said:
Hi
My spouse whose transfer date is 13thSept (NIW) (not 15th as I had mentioned earlier, did not check actual notice before posting) received an interview notice yesterday, interview is on March 2nd. The letter lists standard papers to bring but does not have tick against the "2 photos" line.
---take 2 passport style photographs+ all listed documents like tax papers, w-2, recent pay stubs, birth certificate, recent employer letter, interview notice, passport, driving licence,EAD,AP andI-94( make the copies of each document they will see orignal and only keep the copies) if spouse is with you them marriage certificate and copy
Marusia, did you take photos with you anyway? You write that you got your card one month after the interview.
So my question is, did they stamp the passport as well as initiate plastic card process same day as the interview?
-----yes
I will update the results of the interview. A name check status request did not produce response from FBI so we are not sure its done.

silent

that's good silent,

But I still didnt receive the interview notice as my case was also transfered on Sept 12th. Hope fully I may get them in couple of days.

I dont whether they go by the transfer date or by the actual file transfer from VSC. As my file was received by Baltimore office on Oct 10th???

Today, I went to Baltimore office for my wife's renewal. They had called her for the interview for EAD. So she got her card successfully. I still didnt get the EAD renewal letter?? Still waiting there also.....

I tried to contact the immigration officer. But he decline to talk as he would only issue EAD..

Thanks
GlenMD

glenmd,
when I was at Baltimore office, they told me they go by the date when the file was received by their office (not the transfer date of the notice).
Maybe we should add this 'received by the Balt.office' date to the tracking file... but almost no one knows it...you may know it only when you go there and ask...and it may be 2-4 weeks later than 'transfer date' from the notice and USIS e-mail...
Anyway you should get your letter soon!!!

Thanks compass!!

Anyway when i checked with Baltimore office, the officer told me the same thing, we should count from the date Baltimore office receives the file. She at that time was telling a time frame of march - april....

Anyway as usual we can only wait.......

Everyday, I am trying to update the patience Skill set in me. As that is the MAIN requirement for GC Process participant.

Thanks
GlenMD

Hi GlenMD,

Mine was transferred even before you on 28 Aug., and it was received by Baltimore office on 8 Sept., but I have not received anything so far. Also, my first FP was done in Dec. 2002, which I am sure is expired, and they will be doing a second FP, notice for which, I believe, will come along with Interview Letter. Will therefore have very limited time for name check etc. Well, nothing can be done, and no one can say when this will happen and when we will get the Interview Letters. The best thing is to forget about this and concentrate on other important affairs in life. There is no point getting stressed on this issue when we cannot resolve it. So my suggestions to all is to relax and enjoy life, we will certainly get the letter one day and get approved. In the long run a few months delay will not make any difference.

interview notice

Today we recived our interview notice for march 3rd, they don't ask for photos either. Is with officer B.
I'm speech less, after 4 years we have a date. This is streesing,

Congrats :):) Lulu001
That is a longggggg wait..... Deserve to get it over with....
Keep us posted on how it goes.....

I have a Sep-29 Transfer Date. Again, I am not sure when it reached Baltimore. I have an appointment for Feb-25. Will get to know, hopefully, by that time.

I have updated the XLS with your info... Please verify and check if there are any discrepencies..

Cheers!!
V!