Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Hi Ginnu,

I applied for EAD renewal and sent the application for Vermont. They even transfered the EAD renewal case to Baltimore office.

Is this normal as my I-485 application is transfered to Baltimore office??

glenmd said:
Hi Ginnu,

I applied for EAD renewal and sent the application for Vermont. They even transfered the EAD renewal case to Baltimore office.
--- USCIS is correct
Is this normal as my I-485 application is transfered to Baltimore office??
-------------normal , and if your Interview is conducted and EAD pending and after Interview they stamp your passport with GC stamp then they will not approve EAD and will not send any letter to you related to your EAD.

Hi Compass,
Greetings..... Great job with the Excel sheet. I have updated my information. I have updated the "Average" Marco so that it accomdates more cells. It was using H4:H22. I have made it H4:H29. If there are more people in future we can move this row further down.
[Another option is to have the Average as the first row and use H4:H2000, so that new rows will not affect this at all]

Any case, good luck to all of us waiting for our "Days".... Hope it dawns soon :) :) ......

Cheers!!!
V!

Hi gc4us,
Thanks for updating! I am looking at you folks who was transferred in sept... 4 of you! Not sure what happened to 2 people transferred in July-Aug...they are silent...but you september folks visit this forum so I desperately wait for your successful interview info! may take a bit longer than 131 days for you (and us transferred later than you) due to Christmas vacations...

Hi Compass,
I too was wondering about the July-Aug folks..... If they got their cases approved, that would be excellent news and would confirm the 120/130 day "gestation" period.....

I agree with you that the X-Mas and holiday season usually makes them [USCIS] rusty.... Hope they wake up from their slumber.

I will keep my status updated here. I am planning to get an infopass appointment at Baltimore for Feb-1st week.

One other question, do you know if Parole will be approved on the same day if when you apply in person at Baltimore or is it just that we have to go in person, but they will take their "Sweet Time" to send it to us.

My AP expires on Mar-22-2005..... Just wondering if I need to work on it now or a little later.

Good luck again and Let us hope for the best..
Cheers!!!
V!

HI gc4us,

I dont know whether you can directly apply for AP in baltimore center.

Around a month back I applied for EAD renewal, as My EAD was expiring in May 2005. Now VSC has transfered my EAD renewal for Baltimore centre.

When I went for Baltimore Centre, then i had asked about the EAD Renewal with IIO, he said that i should apply for VSC directly.

So I am thinking AP is also in the same way for EAD. If that is the case, then you should think of applying for AP in VSC.

I am also waiting for the interview letter from baltimore.

Hoping for the best.

Thanks
GlenMD

Hi gc4us and glenmd,
About AP, when I was at Baltimore office (infopass on Jan 12), the officer told me that I must apply in Baltimore (not in VSC) in person. She did not tell how long it will be, but someone from other local office posted that you apply and then pick up the AP in one week, and someone else posted info about picking up AP same or next day. One of my friends applied for AP in Baltimore in May 2004, I think got it in few days. I am not sure about now, they changed the procedure in Dec 2004 for EAD, and I am not sure about AP, maybe one should also give FP and take picture at local office for AP as well ("biometric")..

Hi gc4us,

Mine was transferred to Balti on 28 Aug. Haven't heard anything so farand will update as soon as I hear anything. Will wait and try to contact Senator/Congressman sometime in Feb. as per Ginnu's suggestion. Yes, it will be good to hear from others who were transferred in July/Aug. Also, I saw a post from olddelhi who will heve his interview soon, will be good to know his date of transfer. Well, good luck to all.

if file is tranfred to Baltimore you need to file AP with them and you need to Visit Balimore, EAD has to be filed with service center then service center sends it to Baltimore, in NJ if file is transferd to NJ local office one can file AP and EAD with Local USCIS NJ

Read Baltimore page for more info
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/baltimore/aboutus.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Baltimore Transfer

Hi Ginnu,

I have couple of questions for you, please help me in answering them

My case got transffered on 21 Dec to Baltimore.

I am just wondering how many months it will take to get a notfication for interview

My case is EB3, I have got 2 EAD's Approved.

Does this Retrogress of EB3 cases affect my case ..
485 ND is Nov 6th

I have changed my address in september.

I was wondering what they ask in Interview.

Thanks in advance

vikramab said:
Hi Ginnu,

I have couple of questions for you, please help me in answering them

My case got transffered on 21 Dec to Baltimore.

I am just wondering how many months it will take to get a notfication for interview

My case is EB3, I have got 2 EAD's Approved.

Does this Retrogress of EB3 cases affect my case ..

------ if PD for you is current then they will send interview letter if PD for you is not current then they will call you for interview when your PD is current(pd is the date LC was filed)
485 ND is Nov 6th

I have changed my address in september.

I was wondering what they ask in Interview.

Thanks in advance

We received cards exactly in a month after interview.
The timeframe from transfer to actual card receiving as follows:
5 months waiting for interview letter
1 more month of waiting for the interview
Another month for receiving the card.
The first 5 months were extremely painful, taking into account that my PD was November 2001, and a lot of people who were well behind me were getting straight approvals from Vermont.
I wish everyone who is still waiting good luck and fast approvals!

Marusia
Congrats again on getting the cards....
I have updated the Tracking worksheet for your information (01/21/05). My apologies:eek: if that is not the exact date..... in the range, i guess...

Vikramab:
I have added your information to the sheet as well. Could you verify and make any changes, if any...

Good luck to all of us.... waiting for our day.
V!

Hi !!!

Hi!, I'm new to this forum and very happy to have found it!

Here is my story:

I'm under 245i
04/2001 Application for LC

12/2003 LC aproval (finally after 2 years and 8 months of wait and sufering!)

02/2004 Application I485 I140 and EAD

08/2004 I140 Aproved

08/2004 I485 Transfered to Baltimore, as the notice said"...in order to speed processing we have transfered the above case to the following INS office for processing."

11/2004 Fingerprints taken

01/2005 They send a notice of receipt of an application for Permanent Residence req. medical exams and 3 photos.

and I have a question,
Will I have the inteview any way? even if it got transfered to speed processing?,
I send what they requested, how long will it take for an interview?

Thank you very much for the help!!

lulu001 said:
Hi!, I'm new to this forum and very happy to have found it!

Here is my story:

I'm under 245i
04/2001 Application for LC

12/2003 LC aproval (finally after 2 years and 8 months of wait and sufering!)

02/2004 Application I485 I140 and EAD

08/2004 I140 Aproved

08/2004 I485 Transfered to Baltimore, as the notice said"...in order to speed processing we have transfered the above case to the following INS office for processing."

11/2004 Fingerprints taken

01/2005 They send a notice of receipt of an application for Permanent Residence req. medical exams and 3 photos.
---did you got this letter from Baltimore or Service center???
and I have a question,
Will I have the inteview any way? even if it got transfered to speed processing?,
---YES
I send what they requested, how long will it take for an interview?
----as your I-485 was transfred in August 2004 to Baltimore, you may get Interview letter any time (they send Interview letter 30-40 days advance of Interview date) I dont see any isssues with your Interview if the photographs, medical as asked by Baltimore it means they have checked the file
Thank you very much for the help!!

hi ginnu, thanks for the response!,

They send the notice from the Baltimore office,

I forgot to tell, My husband is the primary applicant, so for him they only asked for the photos and medical forms.

Me and my children(2) are beneficiaries of his application under employment and 245i, They also ask for the 3 of us (Beneficiaries), evidence that a visa petiton was filled in our behalf, so the lawyer wrote a letter explaining we are one family and sended the marriage cert. and birth cert.of my children.(even that was sended when we first apply)., we also send the aproval notice of I140.

Any way, what will they ask in the interview?

Thanks !!!! and good luck to every one!!!