Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

lulu001,

As per your observation, today my wife got the EAD interview, In the EAD interview, they didnt even look at any of her documents, they just told her to take the photo and told to wait for the EAD. After 20 minutes, they handed over the interview.

BTW, I am still waiting for EAD interview letter. :confused:

Your observation / experience, helped us to calm out little bit.

Thanks a lot and also best of luck for your interview.

GlenMD

Glenmd:
Did you file the EAD application at the same time with your wife ?
Our interviews were for the same time and date, even that the notices arrived in different days.

Good luck to you too!!

Second FP notice in 90 days

I have just received an FP notice from the Baltimore office yesterday for the week of Feb 22nd. I have already sumbitted FP in December 6th, 2004 at the Baltimore office but my case was still at the regional center at the time. My case has been transferred to Baltimore and received (according to infopass meeting between my lawyer and officer in Baltimore) on January, 3rd. The notice clearly states to disregard if I took FP within 90 days (which I did). My lawyer advised mr to take it again as there is no harm. Any thoughts and/or similar expriences? Thanks

lulu001,

Yes, I submitted my application with my wife, whereas I am still waiting for interview letter.

Another observation is that after my wife received the EAD, I checked her Status online, still the message says .... as follows.

=====================================
On January 21, 2005, we transferred your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION to an office in BALTIMORE, MD for processing. Our office in BALTIMORE, MD will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

I was thinking atleast her online status should change as approved.

Any inputs or comments....

Thanks
GlenMD

glenmd said:
lulu001,

Yes, I submitted my application with my wife, whereas I am still waiting for interview letter.

Another observation is that after my wife received the EAD, I checked her Status online, still the message says .... as follows.

On January 21, 2005, we transferred your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION to an office in BALTIMORE, MD for processing. Our office in BALTIMORE, MD will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

I was thinking atleast her online status should change as approved.
--------------------it will not change
Any inputs or comments....

Thanks
GlenMD

Hi ginnu

that means, when it is approved in local centre. they are not going to update the online.

thanks for the response.
GlenMD

Hi,
Can anybody tell me what number to call for getting tax return transcripts/account transcripts for previous years. I guess those appearing for interview will need to carry these transcripts. I learned from other forum that it takes about 10 days to arrive if requested over phone. Is this request made on automated system or will need to talk with an IRS officer. Will appreciate your help. Thanks.

hi saurnav,

The number is call 1-800-tax-1040. It is automated service, it will ask for the year you want the transcripts.

It will ask you the social security number and the street number. within 8-10 days, you will get the transcripts.

Hope the above info is helpful.

Thanks
GlenMD

glenmd said:
Hi ginnu

that means, when it is approved in local centre. they are not going to update the online.
----- you are correct
thanks for the response.
GlenMD

Hi GlenMD,

Thanks for the info. How many years of tax return transcripts will be enough for the interview? Will it be necessary to take transcripts for all the years one is living in the USA or a few years (say past three years) will be enough. Also, is it only the tax return transcript is needed or we would also need to take tax account transcript. Any suggestions from you or anyone else in the forum will be very helpful. Thanks.

According to the forum observations. they have asked for last 3 years of Tax returns. That should be OK.

But if we have more returns (for all the years from the year stayed in USA) then it should not hurt to have them when we go for the interview. We can only show them if they are asked.

when i got the Tax return transcripts from IRS. it is summary transcript, it is not a detail one.But lot of people have presented this and it has sufficed the needs. So I am thinking that should be good.

GlenMD,

Thank you again. Well, is there a risk that it would take longer if tax transcripts are requested for years earlier than last three years. Can one request last six years of tax return transcripts and on the automated system and it will take same 8-10 days. I was reading somewhere that it takes about 30 days for years eralier than last three years. What is your experience on that. Thanks.

tax returns

I have a question for people who were asked their tax returns at the interview or those who know this information from people who had their interview:
If they ask for the tax returns at the interview, was it an item listed in the intreview letter? Or is it being added to your list of items to take with you judging from other people's experience?
Thanks,
silent

silent said:
I have a question for people who were asked their tax returns at the interview or those who know this information from people who had their interview:
If they ask for the tax returns at the interview, was it an item listed in the intreview letter?
--- some time it is listed sometime not, better take 3 years Tax filing papers+ extra copy(they take the copy and generaly for latest or for last 3 years) you have the file of tax filing and take it and make copy ( IRS transript is also accepted)
Or is it being added to your list of items to take with you judging from other people's experience?
--- always take 3 years Tax filing+copy, W-2 for last 3 years +copy, all EAD, AP, Passport, Driving licence, Birth certificate+copy, Marriage certificate +copy (if spouse is with you), Interview date letter, recent employer letter, 3-4 recent pay stubs+copy, 2 passport style photographs(even if not written on interview notice) when the officer takes your signature and fingerprints on white form inform him that you have new Photographs so that he can attach new passport style photographs with white form that he is going to send for card production
** if your passport in not valid for 1 year he will stamp the passport till the passport expiry date, if passport is valid more then 1 year you will get stamp for 1 year.
Thanks,
silent

Ginnu,

I have personal copies of all my tax return filings, so you think this will be enough and I do not need to get tax return transcripts from IRS. Will appreciate your response. Thanks.

saurnav said:
Ginnu,

I have personal copies of all my tax return filings, so you think this will be enough
---That is OK (make extra copies for the officer, they only ask for last 3 years tax return filing copy)
and
I do not need to get tax return transcripts from IRS.
--no need
Will appreciate your response. Thanks.

Hi glenmd,

Did you got interview letter and is your GC approved? My case is local transferred on 23r Sep 2004 to washington dc office. I got interview letter on 17th Dec 2004. Interviewed on 4th January 2005. Since they didn't got my security check cleared they didn't stamp my passport on the date of interview. My GC is approved on Feb 9th 2005.

So after the case is transferred to local office it took 4 1/2 months to get the approval. I think its pretty fast all happened.

Hi,

I wanted to take an infopass appointment for Baltimore center to inquire status of my 485 case. For last two days I am getting the response "At this time, there are no information appointment available for the office in your area. Please try back again later". Anybody faced this problem before or is there a problem with the system. Will appreciate your response on this. Thanks.

saurnav,
I just tried and got same response as you...no info appointments available...
some people from other threads say you may try some late time (evening), or maybe they load all appointments weekly, so it may be a definite weekday...keep trying...

I-485 Interview Notice received

I just wanted to inform the members on the board that yesterday we received our interview notices.

Labor filed: May 2001
I 485 filed: Nov 2002
I 485 transferered: Sep 2004
I 485 Interview: March 24, 2005

Questions I have:
1. My fingerprints are more than 15 months old while my wife are current. She got re-fingerprint notice in Aug 2004 and I never did. How should we handle this or do we need to at this point. Does the fingerprint notice come in a separate mail. Anyone in a similar situation????

2. The Appointment checklist asks for the ability of employer to pay. Is this a standard document? I will upload the Baltimore checklist sheet.