Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

hi
pegh

my spouse is derivate of AOS. got FP done on jul 2002.. case
got transfered to Baltimore.. and Baltimore send another Fp notice
and had done SEcond FP and they secd interview in Dec 2003.

do we sill have to do name check and FBI clearence, and wait for the letter or we get stapmed on that day.?

reply appreciated

Originally posted by 485bn
hi
pegh

my spouse is derivate of AOS. got FP done on jul 2002.. case
got transfered to Baltimore.. and Baltimore send another Fp notice
and had done SEcond FP and they secd interview in Dec 2003.

do we sill have to do name check and FBI clearence, and wait for the letter or we get stapmed on that day.?

reply appreciated

Whether or not her PP gets stamped may depend on whether her second FP was okay. My multiple FP (three!) was not because any of them expired but because somehow the ridges on my FP are not defined (sorry, don't know how to explain this in correct technical terms!) So essentially, I did not even pass that first test of an FP test yet during the time of my interview. After my interview, I had to go and get a police clearance using a name check. This took 2 weeks. I just mailed the clearance back to Baltimore two days ago.

I didn't get the stamp because I wasn't cleared yet at that time. My lawyer thinks I should get a notice to go and get the PP stamp "in a few weeks". I'll post as soon as that happens.

It seems my lawyer thinks the police clearance is the last step. I don't really know if there will be another name check by the FBI or if they will accept the police clearance. I hope my lawyer is right!!!!

Re: pegh, lots thanks for your info.

Originally posted by BC
I have two questions:

should I prepare a new Affidavit of Support for my sponse and kid for the interview or just make a photocopy of old one (the one I used when submitted I-485)?

I am from China and have no orginal birth certificate, what I have is a notarization of birth made by a Chinese agent. Do you think that would work?

Hi BC---sorry for this late response---just saw your questions, I don't have any solid answers, unfortunately...just my experince:

About the affidavit of support: personally, I didn't get a new one. My lawyer didn't think it would be needed. I brought a copy of the old one but actually the INS official had our entire I-485 application with him. He flipped through the pages and when he got to the affidavit, he didn't even stop to ask anything. However, I would suggest this is something you may want to confirm with someone who has legal knowledge. But it so happened in my interview, the INS official didn't ask anything about it at all.

About the BC: I had a certified true copy of my birth certificate, which is in English. So I'm really sorry but I don't know what your options are. This was definitely one document the INS official immediately asked for in my case, along with the original marriage certificate, passports (current and all expired ones from when I first entered this country).

Good luck!

pegh, appreciate your kindness and your information!

I will consult my attorney for those questions.

if you have birth certificate from any foreign language you should get translated from office of transalation from your own country..

these is operated by govt. ( india has a special office for this)

My birth notarization has English translation.

The notarization agent in China suppose to be a part of government (i think so). I believe it should be received as birth certificate. Actually we use them as birth certificates when we apply I-485, and seems OK. Anyway, any input from Chinese I-485 applicant in the same situation would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I just noticed from a post ( http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=88479) that in Boston office they experienced run-out of visa number. Baltimore office seems no this problem, right.

any updates about interviews in Baltimore.

ARe they still asking to come back again for Stamping after doing the interviews.

any feedback.......... appreciated

interview experience

I took the interview on September 30. They stamped my passport. At the very beginning of the interview, the officer first checked my FBI name check. Looks like it depends on this name check.

Good luck.

how long to wait

Usually how long should a petitioner wait to get the interview notice after the transfer. Mine transfered on Sept. 17, 2003.

Because of a mistake, even if my TD was 4/1/03, it wasn't until mid-June that INS realized they could schedule me for an interview already (they were mistakenly waiting for my husband's file).

Anyway, when they scheduled me in mid-June (i.e., it was as if my file didn't transfer till then---they wasted 2.5 months!), the ID was 9/10, so about 3 months for me. A co-worker of mine has TD of July and her interview date is December, so about 5 months for her. So-----4 months is probably a good average!

hi
pegh

was your Second Fp is generated from Baltimore or VERmont.

my spouse second Fp request came from baltimore on 31jul ..we went for FP on 2aug and i guess Baltimore received FP results on 4aug and they have sent ID letter on aug 8 th for Deceber 12..

Do you think , we will be stamped on same day.

My second FP (about 1-2 months after the first one) was requested by VSC. Then I didn't hear from them and mistakenly thought all was well. Afterwards, they approved my husband's GC outright but transferred me to Baltimore for interview. The IIO later told me the only reason for the transfer was because of two "failed" FPs. Actually, immediately after the transfer, Baltimore requested me to get another FP (third one, all within one year!) But that set still failed (I apparently have very strange FPs!)

If there is no problem with your spouse's FP, and your name check has gone through, there is no reason for them not to stamp your PP. In my case, the IIO told me everything was okay except for my FP so he asked me to get a police clearance. He actually told me he would have stamped my PP if there were no FP problems.....Now I have submitted the police clearance and I'm just waiting again, hoping to be able to get my PP stamp soon!

Good luck!

I am exhausted after this long wait

Guys,

I have been waiting for the last 10 months for the name check to come back from FBI.

When we went to get Advance parole the officer asked us to do finger printing(second one) to avoid further delay. He was very nice. What information do I need to provide to FBI to check the status of Finger Printing? What is the number to call? (BC, I noticed that you had called)

Thanks in advance.
Chichu

Name Check

Does any one knows whether FBI would be doing the name check based on the address in your filing ? basically whether the name check is done in that particular location or nationally.

Thanks,
chichu

was your case was transfered to baltimore.?

did you finish you interview?
may be your finger print were not clear

There was no issue with the first Finger Printing that was done more than a year back. After that I attended the interview for AOS and I have been waiting for the name check for the last 10 months. In the meantime I went to INS to get advance parole to travel. That time the officer asked me to do Finger Printing again as it has been a while after the first one which might have been about to be expired. Now I just want to check the status of the second Finger Printing by contacting FBI. Can some one tell at what number I can reach FBI for this?

Thanks
Chichu

FBI can be reached either at 304-625-5590 or at 304-625-2406. They are located in West Virginia and it is the same number for whole of US.
good luck

hi
pegh

can you list the docments ,which you took for interview.. that will
will help me... to prepare docs for my spouse..

appreciated you help