August 2009 family based filers post here

just got text message on my cell at 7:30 PM about update on my cases.checked my email,EAD/AP approved.
happy to see USCIS is working after hours these days.
Text Messages feature is great.:)

just got text message on my cell at 7:30 PM about update on my cases.checked my email,EAD/AP approved.

Thank god for that new feature, my F5 faded out man!

Thank God for that new feature, my F5 faded out man!

Congratulations to all of you!!! For me, no updates yet. I check my email and celphone every half hour! LOL...

Interv Letter, EAD and AP received

Hi people,

Sorry, havent been able to come on this site in the last few days. I got my interview letter on Oct 5th - its scheduled for Oct 29th! I also got my EAD today and got the AP on Oct 6th.

I saw some people have Intv on Nov 5th and stuff....looks like I will be opening the innings for the Aug filers!! :eek:

Hi people,

Sorry, havent been able to come on this site in the last few days. I got my interview letter on Oct 5th - its scheduled for Oct 29th! I also got my EAD today and got the AP on Oct 6th.

I saw some people have Intv on Nov 5th and stuff....looks like I will be opening the innings for the Aug filers!! :eek:

Oh my everybody has their EAD and IL except me! :( I guess my DO is not working as fast as your DO's :D Anyways, congratulations and good luck to all of you!!! I need more patience...haha!

Oh my everybody has their EAD and IL except me! :( I guess my DO is not working as fast as your DO's :D Anyways, congratulations and good luck to all of you!!! I need more patience...haha!

I'm still waiting for IL, hope it'll arrive this week! hate to wait :(

kvs26, have no fear. sanename is going to break trail for us - Oct 28th interview

swtblcn23 and genayaku, you never know - your letters may be longer in coming but your interviews might be scheduled first! I got my FP letter early but the appointment was one of the last of our bunch to be scheduled. Same with my interview.

Me, I'm in the early freak out stage of the interview prep phase. I realized I made an error on my I-765 and I-485 - place where I last entered the US. No biggie (the town was Northgate, not North Portal as I wrote) I hope, I will just tell the IO at the start of the interview.

Also concerned about my entering the US last (July 10, 2009) on a non-immigrant visa and doing an AOS a month later. I have nothing to hide but it may still make for some uncomfortable questioning, should the IO be in a bad mood or a stickler. My plan is to tell the IO the same thing we told the border guard who inspected us and asked if we were going to file for my green card - we wanted to wait and see what the economy did. He nodded and moved on to inspecting my trunk so I guess he was satisfied with that. Shortly after returning from Canada (we made the trip so that I'd be able to see my family before entering green card purgatory) my husband got promoted and we decided to put down roots here.

And... and... and.... :p I could come up with things to freak out about all night! But our marriage is genuine, we've got tons of proof to back that up. It should be an 'open and shut' case. Gotta think positive!

it all happened because our FP did not go through in first place.but after second FP, eventually i got email notices yesterday.our timeline is the same.so keeps the hope high.!you can also check your FP status by calling FBI to make sure they went through this time.good luck!

new updates ..see signature.
FYI , there was no info abt interview at online status.no LUD either .
just a quick question,if someone can answer.i filled i-130 with 485 togther.will my petition also be processed or approved the same day with AOS..?
thanx in advance for your knoweledge.and
just prey for us, fellas

Last edited by a moderator:
just a quick question,if someone can answer.i filled i-130 with 485 togther.will my petition also be processed or approved the same day with AOS..?
thanx in advance for your knoweledge.and
just prey for us, fellas

Yes! I-130 is the proof that the marriage is bonafide...remember you had to send supporting documents of your marriage? unless is other kind of family based. You'll get an approval letter afer having your AOS interview! Good Luck!

it all happened because our FP did not go through in first place.but after second FP, eventually i got email notices yesterday.our timeline is the same.so keeps the hope high.!you can also check your FP status by calling FBI to make sure they went through this time.good luck!
Signature updated :) finally! I can renew my DL soon! Yay! Good luck on your interview Paramvir1 and genayaku! Sanename will be the first one on the hot seat come October 28...13 days from now :eek: Good luck to you also sanename!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting... I received a second email notice yesterday saying my EAD card production was ordered (received the first identical email notice on October 7) and today I received an email notice saying the card was mailed. How funny... though not really unusual.

I know a few people got their interview letters soon or shortly after receiving their EADs. Does USCIS provide any email notices saying the interview letters have been mailed? Or is it usually a pleasant surprise? =)

Interesting... I received a second email notice yesterday saying my EAD card production was ordered (received the first identical email notice on October 7) and today I received an email notice saying the card was mailed. How funny... though not really unusual.

I know a few people got their interview letters soon or shortly after receiving their EADs. Does USCIS provide any email notices saying the interview letters have been mailed? Or is it usually a pleasant surprise? =)
same happening in my case.since oct.7,i have recieved three different EAD production notices.but not recieved real card yet.
yes!there was no message or LUD,before i got my IL surprise.