August 2009 family based filers post here

Interesting... I received a second email notice yesterday saying my EAD card production was ordered (received the first identical email notice on October 7) and today I received an email notice saying the card was mailed. How funny... though not really unusual.

I know a few people got their interview letters soon or shortly after receiving their EADs. Does USCIS provide any email notices saying the interview letters have been mailed? Or is it usually a pleasant surprise? =)

It is a pleasant surprise! I got my IL today without any email or text notices...yay!

Thanks Triple Citizen, Paramvir1 and swtblcn23.

I got my EAD card in the mail yesterday!

swtblcn23 - you and I are on similar timelines... I'm expecting the IL date to fall in the second or third week of November... hopefully it's not anywhere near Thanksgiving!

swtblcn23 - you and I are on similar timelines... I'm expecting the IL date to fall in the second or third week of November... hopefully it's not anywhere near Thanksgiving!
Hello bellalondon - just a quick question: how do you know all this detailed information regarding the production and the shipping of the EAD card? Did you check online or did you receive notices in the mail? Thanks!

roqueen - I obtained all this information by creating an account for all my pending applications at the USCIS website.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

Go the USCIS website, click on "Check my case status" and you have two options:
1. Enter in each receipt number individually to check the status
2. Create an account so you can enter all your receipt numbers

Good luck!

Today, I got another notice that my EAD card has been ordered for production. So, I guess we are really on similar timeline bellalondon! LOL! You will receive your IL soon. :)

Congrats to those who are continuing to receive interview letters and EADs.

sanename, you're only a week away from your interview now!

I'm 2 weeks from mine and need to start gathering paperwork, getting prints made of photos, etc. Looks like USCIS is getting ready too - I had a LUD on my I-130 and I-485 yesterday, the first on the I-130 since August.

I am new to this forum and wanted to share my experience during my interview process held in Newark, NJ on 10/21. My wife is a USC. I was scheduled for an interview at 11:00am, but wasn't called in till 12:30pm. Once called in, she asked us for our originals - which we had. Second, she asked for my wife's and my employment verification letter. Couple questions included -- what my wife likes to do and where she works.

Now a couple issues. Apparently, my doctor forgot to sign-off on one thing in my medical report (which I got fixed right after I left the place). My attorney will deliver the revised medical report tomorrow. Second, I had an employment-based petiton through work in the EB3-category. I have been waiting for a visa number for 6 years now. So she saw that I had that file still open and had not withdrawn the file. She told me she is approving my I-130 and my I-485 will be approved once she calls for the file from Nebraska Service Center.

I am not sure how long they take to call for this file - she said about 2 weeks, and it would take another 2 weeks for the card to come home. Hopefully this saga ends in a month.

A

I am new to this forum and wanted to share my experience during my interview process held in Newark, NJ on 10/21. My wife is a USC. I was scheduled for an interview at 11:00am, but wasn't called in till 12:30pm. Once called in, she asked us for our originals - which we had. Second, she asked for my wife's and my employment verification letter. Couple questions included -- what my wife likes to do and where she works.

Now a couple issues. Apparently, my doctor forgot to sign-off on one thing in my medical report (which I got fixed right after I left the place). My attorney will deliver the revised medical report tomorrow. Second, I had an employment-based petiton through work in the EB3-category. I have been waiting for a visa number for 6 years now. So she saw that I had that file still open and had not withdrawn the file. She told me she is approving my I-130 and my I-485 will be approved once she calls for the file from Nebraska Service Center.

I am not sure how long they take to call for this file - she said about 2 weeks, and it would take another 2 weeks for the card to come home. Hopefully this saga ends in a month.

A

Thank you for sharing your interview experience and sorry that you have to go through this. But I think you should start a new thread so that others can share their opinions on your case.

Guys, I received my EAD card in the mail today at 330pm. My spouse and I rushed to DMV office to renew my DL. We got there 15 mins before closing. Whew! Now I have a valid DL! Yay!

Guys, I received my EAD card in the mail today at 330pm. My spouse and I rushed to DMV office to renew my DL. We got there 15 mins before closing. Whew! Now I have a valid DL! Yay!

Hey swtblcn23, how long is your driver's license valid for? Is it one year?

The reason I ask is because in FL, it is $40 to renew your license, so it can be expensive to renew it now, then again in one year when you have the green card in hand.

However, the tradeoff is you're able to drive... so it's definitely worth it. Just an expensive hassle.

My DL expires in mid-December, and I hope to renew it when I have my GC, so I don't automatically have to come back to the DMV in a year.

Hey swtblcn23, how long is your driver's license valid for? Is it one year?

The reason I ask is because in FL, it is $40 to renew your license, so it can be expensive to renew it now, then again in one year when you have the green card in hand.

However, the tradeoff is you're able to drive... so it's definitely worth it. Just an expensive hassle.

My DL expires in mid-December, and I hope to renew it when I have my GC, so I don't automatically have to come back to the DMV in a year.
Yes, it is valid for 1 year. Wow $40? That is expensive! Mine was $19.50 :D I really need to get it renewed since I feel disabled if i can't drive. LOL!

Hopefully you'll get your GC before your DL expires.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing your interview experience and sorry that you have to go through this. But I think you should start a new thread so that others can share their opinions on your case.
Does anyone have experience with 2 AOS files open? How do you deail with this? I read elseswhere that even though people withdraw their application, its not reflected in the system for a long time. I am so close, but feel so far in getting my greencard. I haven't gone home for 7 years now, so really anxious.

Hi Everyone

I was here on B1 -B2 got married to my fiance (US Citizen)
progress so far. I hope this helps someone

09/09/09 - Application posted for I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131.
09/11/09 - Application received at the Chicago
09/16/09 - Check cashed by USCIS
09/21/09 - Received Receipt for I-485 and I-130
09/22/09 - Received Receipt for I-765 and I-I31
09/22/09 - Received Appointment Notice for BIOMETRICS on 10/14/09 (So far the speed is simply Super fast)
10/14/09 - Submitted Biometrics
10/21/09 - Received Notification for Approval of EAD (I-765)
10/21/09 - Received Notification for Approval of Advance Parole (I-131)
Waiting for the documents (EAD and Advance Parole) to arrive

Signature updated :) finally! I can renew my DL soon! Yay! Good luck on your interview Paramvir1 and genayaku! Sanename will be the first one on the hot seat come October 28...13 days from now :eek: Good luck to you also sanename!

My interview is same day as yours, 11/17 :eek::D

Good luck!

Just wanting to wish everyone with an interview coming up this week the best of luck! I look forward to reading about your experiences.
:)

List of Documents for interview

Just wanting to wish everyone with an interview coming up this week the best of luck! I look forward to reading about your experiences.
:)

Thanks sag408 for the wishes. I guess m the first one to pop the cherry for the august filers.

So as i have been working in gathering the documents for the upcoming interviews. I thot i'll share with u all.

- Forms IL, EAD, AP
- Passports, Birth certificate.
- I94 & Immigration docs.
- house deed
- Assorted pics from time we had been dating till present including marriage pics.(arnd 80 :))
- Marriage Album
- Birthday cards
- Joint checking/saving account statement
- Utility Bills in either or both of our names.
- Joint Car insurance
- Joint health insurance
- Life insurance
- Current pay stubs & employment letter.
- Receipt of the ring with my wifes name as the gift recipient and me as the purchaser.

Do suggest me if I need more documents or if i am missing.
For the people who are preparing refer this post in the previous months thread
http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=2092773&postcount=321

Good luck sanename! In addition to what you have prepared, you could also include the complete I-130 form petition package that you filed. Also, your respective birth certificates, a certified copy of your marriage certificate, credit card statements, airline tickets, and hotel bookings.

I am yet to start organizing all documents needed for the interview. I don't know where to start! Lol. Good luck again! Godspeed!