August 2009 family based filers post here

Good luck sanename! In addition to what you have prepared, you could also include the complete I-130 form petition package that you filed. Also, your respective birth certificates, a certified copy of your marriage certificate, credit card statements, airline tickets, and hotel bookings.

I am yet to start organizing all documents needed for the interview. I don't know where to start! Lol. Good luck again! Godspeed!

thanks for the reply.
will add the 130 package. we haven't flown much together and have only one trip tickets after the wedding. even for wedding when we flew back to my country we had separate flying dates. we have separate credit cards and don't have each other on it so i guess no point in adding those.

Where to mail documents

Hello All,

I am new to forum. I am a USC and applying for my Mother GC and i have to submit the following applications right and also do i send all these documents to the same address or will i send each one of them to different addressess. Also can i put all these in one envelope or separate envelopes for each form. Please let me know.

I -130
I -485
I -131
I -864
G-325

Thanks in advance, APRUSCIND.

Interview Experience

Hi All,
My interview was y'day and here is the experience.

Interview was at 10:45 and we were there at 10:30 waiting in the hall for our name to be called. The hall was filled with quite a lot of people. after about a hour wait our name was called by the IO. She took us into her office and made us swear to speak the truth. she opened our file and started asking the questions from there like name, address, dob, city of birth to me and wife about each other followed by the yes no questions. Then she asked my USC wife which year we met. how long we dated. when she met my parents and when we decided to get married. how many people attended the marriage. then she asked us if we have a picture of our marriage. i had pictures as well as the album so she said just give me a pic in which both of u are facing the camera. i removed few pics and she just took one out of it and asked if she can keep it. then she asked me wat all documents i got today to show as evidence. i started showing her the usual stuff and she responded that just give the once u have not already submitted. i asked her if she want documents from the past as evidence that we were staying together, she said no this is fine. after that she said i am approving your petition but since it is less than 2 years for ur marriage blah blah blah....

the interview lasted about 10 mins and seems like she was in a hurry to wrap it and go to lunch as another officer came during our interview and was askin her when she would be done.

just recieved a email today stating card production ordered.
hurayyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

for people with up coming interview good luck and do not be tensed its lot easier then we thought :)

if you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

-sanename

Hello All,

I am new to forum. I am a USC and applying for my Mother GC and i have to submit the following applications right and also do i send all these documents to the same address or will i send each one of them to different addressess. Also can i put all these in one envelope or separate envelopes for each form. Please let me know.

I -130
I -485
I -131
I -864
G-325

Thanks in advance, APRUSCIND.

You need to also add the I-693 medical form.
yes it goes to the same address and you can refer the form for the exact address. make separate envelopes for each application and then club it together in a big envelope. if you search the forum there are samples of cover letter and instructions on how to file them.

here is my case ,which is soooo strange
entered on 05/04/2009 on j1
06/26 married to us citizen
08/05 1485,i130,i131,g325A;I693,I765 sent to Chicago lock box
08/12 RD
08/27 RFE for foreign birth certificate
08/29 RFE sent to uscis
10/27 FP+biometrics done (without appointment) i just took infopass because i wasnt schedulled for biometrics and i filed 3 months ago!!! they said "no problem,we will do it today"
10/27 LUD-EAD card production ordered
10/28 LUD-AP turned undeliverable for 3rd time (after i submited ar-11 in september and called 3 times and took infopass appt 2ice) .when i called 2nd level CSR -they said its not undeliverable-they mailed it on 10/27 but my status online still shows undeliverable???who knows....
10/28/09 LUD i 485-document mailed to applicant...who knows what that is...

10/28/09 LUD i 485-document mailed to applicant...who knows what that is...

Did you send all required docs with the I- 485 application (G-325, I-693, etc.)? The other reason is probably you made some error in your application and want you to correct it or something. Good luck

i filed everything , and i already got RFE on my i485 2 months ago(it was for foreign birth certificate) if there was someth wrong wouldnt they send one RFE including all of the mistakes that should be corrected? pfff.... could it be interview appointment? thats the next step... does my online status change when they send interview appt?

Interview today

Hi all,

I had my interview today. The officer was pretty professional. She started by giving us the oath. Then she asked for my passport, I-94 and work authorization. I took them out of the file but she never looked at it I think. Then she started asking a bunch of questions from the forms which I replied to. I wasnt too nervous but I have a habit of looking down when asked questions...I guess I wasnt too bad though. She asked my wife some questions from the forms too...like when she moved in with me. She asked me my wife's birthday and when we met. I got the year wrong....I said Aug 2007 and she said that was when you got married...I then corrected and said it was 2006. She then asked when did we decide to marry. I said end of 2006 and she noticed that that was quick. In the beginning of the interview she also asked as to where we met. Then she asked did we want to submit anything more - I was gonna give her 2 pics but my wife asked if she wanted to see our wedding scrap book and she went thru it start to finish. ....its a good idea to take that kind of stuff I think. Through the course of it, she asked if we had joint bank accounts, if we both owned our house etc etc....I just kept saying yes. I think I should have pointed her to documents about the same that I had submitted with the 130 application.

Anyways, she said that she will approve the 130 application. Regarding 485, I also had an employment based 485 pending for 2 years.....she said that she needs that file too and that they have ordered it from the service center but it will take probably 2 weeks for it to arrive. Its only then that they can take a decision on the 485. :confused:

So I guess I got some more waiting to do....hopefully they will be able to locate that file soon enough and ship it and make a positive decision on it. Only thing I can do is wait till then....

Hi All,

just recieved a email today stating card production ordered.
hurayyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

for people with up coming interview good luck and do not be tensed its lot easier then we thought :)

if you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

-sanename

Congratulations sanename!

Hi all,

I had my interview today. The officer was pretty professional. She started by giving us the oath. Then she asked for my passport, I-94 and work authorization. I took them out of the file but she never looked at it I think. Then she started asking a bunch of questions from the forms which I replied to. I wasnt too nervous but I have a habit of looking down when asked questions...I guess I wasnt too bad though. She asked my wife some questions from the forms too...like when she moved in with me. She asked me my wife's birthday and when we met. I got the year wrong....I said Aug 2007 and she said that was when you got married...I then corrected and said it was 2006. She then asked when did we decide to marry. I said end of 2006 and she noticed that that was quick. In the beginning of the interview she also asked as to where we met. Then she asked did we want to submit anything more - I was gonna give her 2 pics but my wife asked if she wanted to see our wedding scrap book and she went thru it start to finish. ....its a good idea to take that kind of stuff I think. Through the course of it, she asked if we had joint bank accounts, if we both owned our house etc etc....I just kept saying yes. I think I should have pointed her to documents about the same that I had submitted with the 130 application.

Anyways, she said that she will approve the 130 application. Regarding 485, I also had an employment based 485 pending for 2 years.....she said that she needs that file too and that they have ordered it from the service center but it will take probably 2 weeks for it to arrive. Its only then that they can take a decision on the 485. :confused:

So I guess I got some more waiting to do....hopefully they will be able to locate that file soon enough and ship it and make a positive decision on it. Only thing I can do is wait till then....

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. I hope you get approved soon for your 485. Fingers crossed!;)

Congrats Samename!

Kvs26 - I'm wishing you the best of luck! I'm sure you'll get the GC in no time!

I am still anxiously awaiting my IL... haven't heard anything by mail/online in two weeks. Thought I would have that letter by now.

interview prep

5 days to go until the interview... I'll be away the 3 days leading up to the interview so tonight we emptied the filing cabinet, safe and junk drawer looking for random marriage-related detritus to drag into the USCIS office next week. The more formal documents (joint bank statements, car insurance, cell phone, utilities, life insurance beneficiary statements, etc) were submitted with the application package back in August so it was difficult to come up with anything new - as per sanename's IO asking for new evidence.

We did come up with anecdotal evidence such as receipts from the wedding rings, dress, cake, flowers, photographer contract, honeymoon hotels, the 'toast to the bride' speech given by my godmother, wedding guest book and cards from guests and thank you cards. We'll bring along our printed wedding album and make a few prints of group shots in case the IO asks for something they can keep. Couldn't come up with many airline ticket stubs since half of our trips to Canada are by car but I did scrounge up a travel insurance document and the ticket stubs from our Christmas 2008 trip to Canada. Plus a few hotel receipts from a portion of a 2007 return road trip to Canada, about the only 'concrete' evidence from our dating years. My husband is very camera shy so there aren't many photos from the past, either. Most of what I have are digital photos of the 'outstreched arm, self-portrait' variety, which aren't much good, are they?

The funniest thing we found was a receipt for a 'are you ready for marriage?'-type book ordered from amazon.com after we got engaged. I'm bringing that for sure :p

I feel like we should be bringing more but in reality we've probably got more than enough evidence. Tomorrow we'll grill each other on the dates, names, etc we may get asked. And the night before the interview we'll just relax and take in some live music in the city since we're staying in Dallas the night before to make our Thursday morning appointment.
I am NOT risking Dallas morning traffic interfering with this interview!:rolleyes:

5 days to go until the interview... I'll be away the 3 days leading up to the interview so tonight we emptied the filing cabinet, safe and junk drawer looking for random marriage-related detritus to drag into the USCIS office next week. The more formal documents (joint bank statements, car insurance, cell phone, utilities, life insurance beneficiary statements, etc) were submitted with the application package back in August so it was difficult to come up with anything new - as per sanename's IO asking for new evidence.

We did come up with anecdotal evidence such as receipts from the wedding rings, dress, cake, flowers, photographer contract, honeymoon hotels, the 'toast to the bride' speech given by my godmother, wedding guest book and cards from guests and thank you cards. We'll bring along our printed wedding album and make a few prints of group shots in case the IO asks for something they can keep. Couldn't come up with many airline ticket stubs since half of our trips to Canada are by car but I did scrounge up a travel insurance document and the ticket stubs from our Christmas 2008 trip to Canada. Plus a few hotel receipts from a portion of a 2007 return road trip to Canada, about the only 'concrete' evidence from our dating years. My husband is very camera shy so there aren't many photos from the past, either. Most of what I have are digital photos of the 'outstreched arm, self-portrait' variety, which aren't much good, are they?

The funniest thing we found was a receipt for a 'are you ready for marriage?'-type book ordered from amazon.com after we got engaged. I'm bringing that for sure :p

I feel like we should be bringing more but in reality we've probably got more than enough evidence. Tomorrow we'll grill each other on the dates, names, etc we may get asked. And the night before the interview we'll just relax and take in some live music in the city since we're staying in Dallas the night before to make our Thursday morning appointment.
I am NOT risking Dallas morning traffic interfering with this interview!:rolleyes:

sag408 you have more than enough evidence. u shud be fine.

when i filed my i 485 i put my maiden name because the CSR told me to do so.... however i want to have my marriage name on my green card. My AP and EAD have my maiden name, My question is -when i go to the GC intervew ,can i ask the officer to change my name and put my marriage name on the GC? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finally received my interview letter today. My hubby and I just opened the envelope and just shook our heads. The interview date is December 2. That is the same week that he has law school exams, in fact, he has two exams on December 2.

There is no way for him to postpone or take his exams early, so I am forced to call USCIS to reschedule the interview.

I am seriously bummed out. I would cancel work, vacations, I would drive 8 hours to the interview location to make the interview, but in this case, I have no choice but to reschedule.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Please don't state the obvious and tell me not to reschedule the interview.

Now I'm off to eat a good amount of chocolate ice cream to help lighten my mood...

hey guys , do u get any kind of LUD on ur I 485 when uscis sends IL? or u just receive the Interview appt without any LUD on the I 485

I-130 approved today

Hi all,

Thanks for the warm wishes regarding my pending 485. Today I got an approval notice in the mail for the I-130 as the officer mentioned at the end of my interview. Weird thing is the online status for I-130 still shows as being in Initial Review stage. Anyways, no news yet on the I-485 thing...

Best of luck to all those whose interviews are approaching.

bellalondon.....I dont think it should be a big deal to reschedule given your circumstances. Just keep yourself busy and try not to think too much abt the GC thing. I had thought so many things abt the interview but nothing really mattered....I had even planned on getting the officer's contact card in case I didnt hear about my case but forgot that too...the interview just happens so fast.