August 2009 family based filers post here

I got my EAD card in the mail today. Just want to share some thought here.
I think the walk-in biometric in advance would speed up the process. I have seen many people in this forum who did the walk-in biometric got their EAD card quicker. They can not process anything until they have your fingerprints. Many of you should get the EAD card very soon. August filers, we are moving pretty well.

I got an email today stating that my EAD (I-765) was approved on Oct 1.

It's going really fast.

Cool, got emails last night that the EAD (I-765) and AP (I-131) were approved on Sep 30th :) Now the wait for the Intv letter begins...

Wow! Congratulations to all those who got their EAD's and AP's approved! August filers are on a roll! I hope I'm next :)

Hello all August filers,

I have a quick question for you guys. When you send the package to USCIS, how many pictures of the US citizen did you include in? In my case, my wife is trying to sponsor for my mother.

Thanks for all ansewers.

tnx purple22... got my EAD today in the mail... sag408 yours may be on the way soon! :D

aug 11 - mailed application with correct fees
aug 13 - uscis received application
aug 18 - checks encashed
aug 22 - received noa dated aug 18 for i-130, i-485 and i-765
sept 1 - received biometrics appointment scheduled on sept 22
sept 22 - fingerprinting done
sept 24 - received email from uscis that card production for i-765 was ordered
sept 29 - received another email from uscis that card production for i-765 was ordered
sept 30 - received email that notice of approval for i-765 was sent in the mail
oct. 3- EAD card received

Late thank you to mermaid06 and swtblcn23 for replying my question a while back. I decided to get my biometrics done on 10/02 b/c that worked the best with my schedule, and I had no problem at all :) See what happens next!

guys just received the interview letter in mail for oct 28th. i went upto the mailbox thinkin my ead/ap would be on the way but was quite surprised to see the interview letter.

aug filers are on a role. received the IL well within 2 mnths of the application. tht is an awsum turn around time from USCIS.

wish for all of u to hear soon from USCIS...

any pointers on how to prepare for the interview?????

congrats sanename!

woo hoo!:D

I imagine there's loads of advice in the previous months. This is my game plan for when my letter comes: review the applications and make sure we're both on the same page when it comes to, dates, parents' and siblings' names, etc, gather the most recent joint bank statements, life insurance beneficiary statements, etc, etc, etc. Get a few pictures together showing both of us with other family members, friends, etc. And make sure my husband is aware of the colour of my underwear the day of the interview, just in case they ask! LOL!
:p

EAD and IL received today!

congrats genayaku!

What a great day - my interview letter AND EAD card were waiting in the mailbox when we arrived home from work :D:D:D

Interview is scheduled for November 5th, 9 am

Wow, congrats to sag408, shigaell, sanename. They are doing incredibly fast nowaday.
What a feeling to have IL letter in the mail this soon. I hope my is on the way.

i got my interview letter today for oct 30... good luck to all of us
aug 11 - mailed application with correct fees
aug 13 - uscis received application
aug 18 - checks encashed
aug 22 - received noa dated aug 18 for i-130, i-485 and i-765
sept 1 - received biometrics appointment scheduled on sept 22
sept 22 - fingerprinting done
sept 24 - received email from uscis that card production for i-765 was ordered
sept 29 - received another email from uscis that card production for i-765 was ordered
sept 30 - received email that notice of approval for i-765 was sent in the mail
oct. 3- EAD card received
oct 6 - received interview letter for oct 30

I received an email notice that my EAD was approved!

I take my biometrics in two days. EAD card production is the next step.

Congrats to all who received the interview notices!

seems like uscis employees hve returned back from there summer vacation in august.

congrats to everyone who recieved there IL. gud luck to the once who are waiting to hear, m sure sumthings on the way.

interestingly my 485 and 130 online status still says the august dates.

sag408: thanks for the tips. i did get some valuable info. once i hve the docs in place i'll share with u all on wat m plannin to take to the interview.

Just wanted to update - I did my biometrics a day early. I was in the area of the ASC today, so thought I'd try my luck. There place was practically empty - one other older gentleman was there.

Looking forward to receiving EAD and interview letters soon.

Wow, just got an email saying USCIS ordered production of my EAD! Not even two hours after taking biometrics! Yay!

Congrats bellalondon and everyone who received IL. I received EAD card today in mail, and still waiting for IL. Signature updated!