August 2009 family based filers post here

Just wanted to update - I received the RFE in the mail yesterday. Turns out I'm missing some tax documentation on my end (since we're using my income for the application). I'm sending the documents to USCIS by the end of the week and hopefully things will continue to move along.

bella, glad it's something that's easy to obtain and send back in ASAP! We used our copies of my husband's tax returns but ordered the official transcripts from the IRS to have on hand just in case there was a RFE.

...3 more days until my long-awaited biometrics appointment...

September application progress so far

I was here on B1/ B2 and applied without a lawyer. Thanks to my wife (she is not a lawyer)

Hoping that the application goes really as its going right now.

09/09/09 - Application posted
09/11/09 - Application recieved at the Chicago
09/16/09 - Cheque cashed by USCIS
09/21/09 - Recieved Reciept for I-485 and I-130
09/22/09 - Recieved Reciept for I-765 and I-I31
09/22/09 - Recieved Appointment Notice for BIOMETRICS on 10/14/09 (So far the speed is simply Superfast)

Hello everybody! I just got another fingerprinting appointment notice for my I-485 scheduled on Oct 17. The letter said that they were unable to process my fingerprint card. I have to do a walk-in tomorrow since my spouse will be out of town on that date. Hope they let me do it...:)

Online status

Hi everybody!
Got all my cases visible online, all on a stage of "Initial review" except I-485 which is on "Acceptance" . Could that mean there is something wrong? just nervous....

Hi guys,

Today I got a mail from CRIS stating that my EAD was sent to production, and my AP is approved!

Congratulations Shigaell! Wow I guess walking in for your biometrics appointment paid off. :D When was your original biometrics appointment? I did my walk-in on the 16th but I got another one today. USCIS is working fast huh? lol

congrats Shigaell!

I forget that some people are really stuck in limbo during this process - no social security number, driver's license, bank accounts, etc. It must be very frustrating for the people in that situation to have your whole life on hold while waiting on an EAD.

Here's hoping for speedy timelines for all of us!

Congratulations Shigaell! Wow I guess walking in for your biometrics appointment paid off. :D When was your original biometrics appointment? I did my walk-in on the 16th but I got another one today. USCIS is working fast huh? lol

Thank you! I did my biometrics 2 days before my real appt., I'd have done them before, but I had had a problem with my address and the citation letter never arrived, I was worried about the delay, called USCIS and then they faxed me the letter (and I had not to wait for the new one to the right address!)

congrats shiagell!!! that was quite fast......

i have a similar timeline as yours so hoping to hear from them soon abt the EAD & travel document.

Does USCIS gives priority to applicants with no immigration status in processing there EAD or travel document???
Ex: a person with visitor/K1/out of status are processed before applicant holding H1/L1

congrats shiagell!!! that was quite fast......

i have a similar timeline as yours so hoping to hear from them soon abt the EAD & travel document.

Does USCIS gives priority to applicants with no immigration status in processing there EAD or travel document???
Ex: a person with visitor/K1/out of status are processed before applicant holding H1/L1

Im on L1 status, with SSN. I think cases like mine are processed before because they already have a lot of information about us pre-validated.

Anyhow, all the best for you, this wait is really awful.

i wish i saw this site the first time i mailed my application... things are going fast anyway so i was just delayed for 2 weeks

july 22 - mailed my application i-130, i-485 and i-765
july 24 - uscis received application
aug 8 - received denial (wrong fees - i only made 1 check for my daughter and i, should have different checks for each applicant)
aug 11 - mailed application with correct fees
aug 13 - uscis received application
aug 18 - checks encashed
aug 22 - received noa dated aug 18 for i-130, i-485 and i-765
sept 1 - received biometrics appointment scheduled on sept 22
sept 22 - fingerprinting done
sept 24 - received email from uscis that card production for i-765 was ordered
i'm excited... i'm going to check our mailbox everyday :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an interesting question, if there's any priority given to certain categories of applicants?

charbuble, we have very similar application dates. I can't believe how fast your EAD was ordered! Congratulations :)

I did a walk in today for my second fingerprinting. The ASC staff made sure that she did it right this time and was even apologizing to me because I had to come back. She said sometimes fingerprints just wear out! Lol! I'm glad that they let me do it ahead of my schedule.

Just did biometrics today, was a pretty quick process. So I should be receiving a letter saying production on my EAD card has been ordered, then a couple of weeks later I should receive it right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get a letter saying the EAD had been ordered, I just got an email from the USCIS website...I received my EAD yesterday...Here's my timeline (just over a month between biometrics and receiving EAD ;)):

Good luck everyone!!! I arrived on the VWP and the time between submitting the application forms and getting the interview was just under 2 months!! Super quick!! :D

Hope everyone's timelines are just as supermegaawesomely quick! :)

x

Biometrics done

At long last, my biometrics are done. The Fort Worth ASC experience sure is a weird one... Is it true that ASCs are contractors for USCIS and not actually a part of USCIS? This particular ASC is located in a shopping mall, just off of the food court.

My husband and I arrived a half hour early and were told to sit outside until the appointment time, so there we were, essentially sitting in a mall food court... strange! At the top of the hour a guard came out and told us to line up, there was a mad rush to the door and again we waited, one by one, to be called into the office. Why the secrecy? Is it like this at other ASCs? It seems to me that it would be more efficient to take the applicants as we arrived rather than having a mad rush at the top of every hour, and then sit around for 30-40 minutes before the next batch of people is allowed in. No? The guards and other employees came and went freely during the 30 minutes we sat waiting in the food court, it was clear they were not detained with applicants. We even watched one guard leave the mall and return with a bag of snacks from a grocery store in the mall parking lot! As I was waiting inside he was showing off his 'haul' to the other guard (it was pretty obvious that food was important to those fellows. They like Cheez-Its.)

Just thought I'd post this description in case any up and coming applicants using the Fort Worth ASC read this. Expect a surreal experience. Particularly in a mall where no English is posted and loud music is playing. Maybe bring Cheez-Its to ensure a smooth experience?:p