August 2009 family based filers post here

I found out the reason behind the delay of my biometrics notice. I checked online and an RFE (for 1-485) was sent out by mail yesterday. =(

Anyone have any experiences with RFEs? I looked through the July 2009 filers forum and found a few people who had RFEs for birth certificates and I-94s, but once they responded, their cases were picked back up immediately.

Wish me luck... I'm anxiously awaiting the mail today.

I found out the reason behind the delay of my biometrics notice. I checked online and an RFE (for 1-485) was sent out by mail yesterday. =(

Anyone have any experiences with RFEs? I looked through the July 2009 filers forum and found a few people who had RFEs for birth certificates and I-94s, but once they responded, their cases were picked back up immediately.

Wish me luck... I'm anxiously awaiting the mail today.

Don't worry!! It happens to a lot of people. My friend got one, she sent the needed documents, and it resumed very fast after that.. Her interview is actually today in Colorado!!(She filed her A0S package in June) So don't be worried at all. Sent what they ask, and your fine!

Don't worry!! It happens to a lot of people. My friend got one, she sent the needed documents, and it resumed very fast after that.. Her interview is actually today in Colorado!!(She filed her A0S package in June) So don't be worried at all. Sent what they ask, and your fine!

Thanks SpanishGirl! I've seen how quickly your case has moved! Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking, what did your friend need to send? Was it anything unusual, or more likely, a document that USCIS lost?

Thanks SpanishGirl! I've seen how quickly your case has moved! Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking, what did your friend need to send? Was it anything unusual, or more likely, a document that USCIS lost?

It was evidence of there relationship.. Joint bills etc. I think she sent 1 or 2 and it was fine.

Applied for parents: PD Aug 20th: / Nd Aug 25th

Both cases never came online...
Suddenly poped-up with the info: APPROVAL NOTICE SENT

I don't believe it...:eek:

Wow!! Congratulations!!. Looks like we already have the first approval from among the Aug filers. So was this just a I-130 for your parents or was the I-485 also applied along with it.

Wow!! Congratulations!!. Looks like we already have the first approval from among the Aug filers. So was this just a I-130 for your parents or was the I-485 also applied along with it.

Just I130, I am doing CP...so now waiting for NVC thing...hopefully soon I will have that thing as well.....

I just received the biometrics notice! Appointment is dated for October 8th in the afternoon. I may consider doing a walk-in a few days early...

Also, looks like USCIS recently unveiled its new website that deals with case processing. Things seem a little more easy to read and navigate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all!

I'm a little confused about my case...I've set a thread for it, but decided to post the same question here, too. So here it goes...

I received a notice for biometrics on 8/31, and the appointment date was on 9/15. Because the date was inconvenient for me, I sent in a request for re-schedule.
I received a new notice, and it was scheduled on 9/21. And this past Saturday (9/19) I received another notice for biometrics scheduled for 10/02.
Has anybody had the same situation, and which appointment am I supposed to show up for? :confused:

Also, here is an additional question. I actually didn't know that I can do a walk-in for biometrics until now. And my notice letter doesn't even mention that I can do walk-in. So I'm just wondering if I can do that or not...I live in Oklahoma, and the support center that I'm supposed go to get my biometrics done is in Oklahoma City.

I would do walk-in esp if you live close to the center. I did a walk in on the same day I received FP notice and it worked. If you decide to go on a scheduled date I am sure if you go earlier nobody is going to mind...

Hi all!

I'm a little confused about my case...I've set a thread for it, but decided to post the same question here, too. So here it goes...

I received a notice for biometrics on 8/31, and the appointment date was on 9/15. Because the date was inconvenient for me, I sent in a request for re-schedule.
I received a new notice, and it was scheduled on 9/21. And this past Saturday (9/19) I received another notice for biometrics scheduled for 10/02.
Has anybody had the same situation, and which appointment am I supposed to show up for? :confused:

Also, here is an additional question. I actually didn't know that I can do a walk-in for biometrics until now. And my notice letter doesn't even mention that I can do walk-in. So I'm just wondering if I can do that or not...I live in Oklahoma, and the support center that I'm supposed go to get my biometrics done is in Oklahoma City.

Just do a walk in if your ASC will allow you. When I did my walk in, there was no line at all. I suggest you bring both notices and let them stamp both, to make sure ;)

For those who did the early walk-in for biometrics, what time of day did you go?
Was it early in the morning, mid morning or afternoon?

Just wondering what would be the best time for a walk-in.

For those who did the early walk-in for biometrics, what time of day did you go?

Mine was 10-11am. I know in the July filers about 3-4 of us did a walk-in and no one waited more than 20 minutes total. Avoid lunch hour and after 4pm, those times are probably busier because people are off work.

Just do a walk in if your ASC will allow you. When I did my walk in, there was no line at all. I suggest you bring both notices and let them stamp both, to make sure ;)

When I called the USCIS, they said Walk-ins are not allowed anymore. For the July filers, I think 1 out of the 5 people who did walk-ins was rejected. Just a tip too, I don't think there is any benefit of doing a walk-in (unless you really can't make your appnt) None of us who did a walk-in experienced a faster time frame for our cases. My case only notified me of changes after my actual scheduled appnt.

I was turned away for a walk-in. I certainly got the impression by reading these forums that anyone could do a walk-in, just wanted you to be aware that it's not a sure thing.

I-130 (CP) APPROVED for both my parents.

I received email from USCIS last night at 1:15 AM in regards to my parents I-130 approval and here is the message in the email..

"On September 21, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE...."

I130 - Parents

I-130 (CP) APPROVED for both my parents.

I received email from USCIS last night at 1:15 AM in regards to my parents I-130 approval and here is the message in the email..

"On September 21, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE...."

Congratulation Raj.

Actually I am out of state right now but going back to my place soon. I sent my application when you sent it so might I will get that as well.

so now we will get biodata form and affidavit of support form right?

or if possible can you please explain me little process how this work once the I130 approved.

Thanks in advance.

-CP

Hope yours petition is approved too, i read couple of days ago on this forum about the case which was applied a couple of early than mine and saw it was approved and thought things are moving quickly at USCIS and to my surprise i saw the email today about my parents. I am very happy.

You will get lot of info on this below link and also i am pasting some of the info i got from this forum and hope it helps...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...=186733&st=495

Also go through this site ( http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut )

Here is the info that i got from the above forum...

NVC Center

Once your case is received by the NVC they will each be given a case number. Once that happens you will have to give your email address to the NVC as well as the email address for your parents.

Tips for NVC

Once you know that the I-130 have been sent to the NVC you can start calling them, I did this every day until I got the case number.

NVC phone number 603-334-0700

You need to speak to a officer so skip the automated service by pressing 1 then 5 after you get through.

Once you have the case number you need to give the operator the email addresses for you and your parents.

Next you need to email the NVC the DS-3230 choice of agent. Use this template for the email.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

DS-3032

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80023.pdf

Next you will get a email from the NVC telling you the petitioner that you need to pay the AOS fee bill it will give you the link to the NVC payment site where you will pay the fee using a credit card or debit card.

You only need to pay $70.00 once as both your parents cases are linked and they only charge once.

Once that is paid you will print out a barcode coversheet from the payment site for each parent you will need to attach one to each AOS packet that you have made for each parent

I-864 – AOS Packet

See the link below for full details of what you need to send with the I-864

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

You will receive another email telling you that the DS-3032 has been accepted and telling you that the DS-230 IV fee bill should now be paid. $400.00 each parent. You will go back to the NVC payment site to do this.

[/size]

DS-230

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DS-0230.pdf

Again once it shows as paid you will print out another barcode coversheet to include with the DS-230 for each parent. You will need to include Originals of the following documents for each parent.

BIRTH CERTIFICATES
ADOPTION PAPERS
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
MARRIAGE TERMINATION (DIVORCE)
COURT RECORDS
MILITARY RECORDS
POLICE CERTIFICATE
2 PHOTOGRAPHS
PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE FOR ALL MARRIAGES
PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE

You can use the time that the I-130 is being processed to gather all the above document together so that you have them ready to send as soon as you get to each step at NVC.

Once all the paperwork has been received at NVC they will review your parents cases this can take anything from a few days to a few weeks.

Once the review is complete then you will get a email telling you that the case is complete and has been forwarded to the embassy in your parents country.

You will also get a interview letter telling you the date of the interview and a link to the Embassy website with instructions on how to get the medical done and instructions for the interview.

ADDITIONAL INFO ( probably repeats what is said above but some new stuff )

What you need to do is, you send one complete set of original documents with the Barcode coversheet of one parent and then for the other parent you have to attach to their Barcode Copversheet a photocopy of the original document and write on it "Original Held In Case # LND2009****** " You must do that for every document that is not the original.

Also when you come to paying the AOS Fee Bill you only need to pay this once, when you go on-line to pay it you will see that it says "includes another case" and it will link to other parent's case so that you can print out the Barcode Coversheet for them both.

I had my parents sign the DS230 and I then completed it and had all the certifdicates and police report ready to mail as soon as I had paid the IV fee bill and could print the barcode coversheet.

Once NVC get the DS230 they review all the paperwork and once this is done the case is then complete and you will get a interview date and the case paperwork will be forwarded to the embassy. You will then get a email with the interview instructions and instructions for the medical.

One hint I can give you is that when you are paying the AOS fee bill you will only have to pay $70 as both cases will be linked and they only charge the $70 once.

I had all the packets (DS-3032, AOS, DS-230) ready to go before the I-130 was even approved, My parents sent for the police report as soon as the I-130 was sent to USCIS (its valid for 12 months so you can get it as soon as you can). As for the medical in london my parents live too far from london to go just for the day so we knew they were going to have to go twice, one for the medical and again for the interview. My parents did there medical as soon as they could and before they had their interview date. They are on vacation now so it was better for them to have the medical done before they went on vacation rather than trying to rush getting it done just before their interview. They just called the number that is shown on the Embassy website and they were able to get their appointment.

AS for the DS3032 as soon as I had the case number for their cases I emailed the Choice of Agent template (available on VJ wiki) to the NVC and it was accepted just a few days later. I did it from my email address as my parents were not very sure about how to send it!!

Documents with DS-230

Cover sheet.
Completed and signed application (with original signature)
2 photos
Copy of biometrics page of Mum's passport
Police certificate - original and a 1 copy.
Mum's birth certificate - original and 1 copy.
Mum's marriage certificate - original and 1 copy
My birth certificate - orginal and 1 copy
My marriage certificate - orginal and 1 copy

You can find a list of what to include here:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

2 sets of Affidavit of Support

Congratulation Raj.

Actually I am out of state right now but going back to my place soon. I sent my application when you sent it so might I will get that as well.

so now we will get biodata form and affidavit of support form right?

or if possible can you please explain me little process how this work once the I130 approved.

Thanks in advance.

-CP

Last edited by a moderator: