August 2009 family based filers post here

Out of curiosity, am I the only one that haven't had a touch on my case since the date the NOA was sent out? That's the last touch the website is showing and I just want to see what others are seeing for their last updated date.

Happens to me too.

Hi fellow applicants -

I am not familiar with the process and time, and never heard about any formula to calculate how long the EAD process takes.
My understanding is that the faster you provide data required, the quicker your request be processed.

For FP, if you have spare time before the appointment date, do walk-in. Check it out anyway. It only took me 20 minutes after I walked in.

Since USCIS office check your appointment notice at the entrance, your time won't be wasted. They will say no if they don't allow it.

From my research I have not seen any evidence that FP will speed the process. Other factors have bigger impacts such as an RFE. Other factors that might be a factor is the number of staff working on your case, number of pending cases ahead of your, the evidence you provided, proof of income you provided, etc.
FP might speed your process but again I have not seen evidence.

Last Update

Out of curiosity, am I the only one that haven't had a touch on my case since the date the NOA was sent out? That's the last touch the website is showing and I just want to see what others are seeing for their last updated date.

I-485 last update: 08/25/2009
I-130 and I-765 last update: 09/04/2009

Got the NoA and cases are online

Hello all,

I got the Notice of Actions today for the 485, 130, 131 and 765. I found all the cases online. The notice date on the cases is Aug 31st.

Waiting for the biometrics appointment now.

Actually my notice date is also Aug 31. I received the letter on Sep 3.

Hello all,

I got the Notice of Actions today for the 485, 130, 131 and 765. I found all the cases online. The notice date on the cases is Aug 31st.

Waiting for the biometrics appointment now.

I received I-797C Notice of Action for both my parents on 09/05/09 from CSC and the ND is 09/01/09 but the priority Date is null. Do we get another letter with Priority Date?

I checked the case status online and the LUD is 09/03/09 for both.

Thanks,
Raj

Just got my NOAs for 130, 765 and 485!

For those who already received their biometric notices, where do you get them done? Is it at your district office? Or another location?

Can anyone tell me if I can walk-in to any ASC near my place to get biometrics done? I got appointment for at elizabeth,Nj ASC. USCIS website says appontment is required at this location.

Thanks,

Application Support Center Locator

Just got my NOAs for 130, 765 and 485!

For those who already received their biometric notices, where do you get them done? Is it at your district office? Or another location?

You get them done at an application support center. Your biometrics notice will detail where and when. I need to make 1 more post before I can post links, so I'll post the link to the Application Support Center Locator separately.

Got my FP letter

Got the biometrics letter yesterday (09/08). The date is scheduled for 10/01 but I intend to do a walk in this Friday.

No guarantee on walk-in biometrics

I was in the city where my biometrics appointment is scheduled on other business today and decided to try completing my biometrics early. This would have saved another 6-hour round-trip later this month. The security guard stated the Fort Worth ASC is too small to allow walk-ins.
The wait continues:rolleyes: