August 2009 family based filers post here

Is this spreadsheet only only for parents filed when they are here or even CP filers can post the details? Please let me know.

Hello sd63,

I had previously posted a Google spreadsheet for this purpose and a few people have already filled it. Can we please stick to that one..... I don't have Excel on my computer ......and Google spreadsheets work just as fine.

Thanks!

Sorry!! I don't have a google ID and was not able to enter the data.

The permissions have been set up so that any one can update it and a Google ID is not needed for this. Can you post the error if you are getting one....I signed out of my Google ID and was still able to update it.

Thanks!

Is this spreadsheet only only for parents filed when they are here or even CP filers can post the details? Please let me know.

Its for everyone. I only added the columns that apply to AOS. If there are any extra columns that are needed for CP, feel free to add it

Check for I-485 cashed/ not for I-130

My check for I-485 got cashed but the I-130 (USC Spouse) has not been cashed yet. I dont mean to be paranoid but all the cases that I have seen on this forum had both their checks cashed at the same time. Hoping for the best :confused:

Hi Mapleleaf16,

My check hasn't been cashed yet either. From looking at the others, I estimate that it would take about 9 days from the day they received the application. So it should be around this Thursday for you and hopefully Friday for me.

By the way, does anyone know of the approximate timeline involved for the whole process. I read somewhere in the forums that after they receive the app and the NOAs/fingerprint are sent, these apps wait in a queue for about 3 months and are then sent to the District Office. When is the I130 decided (for USC spouse)? Is that also done during Interview time?

Thanks,
kvs26

How to update signature?

I wanted to update my signature to reflect that my I-485 check but cant figure out how to do it. When I went to the "My Profile" section, there is an Edit icon next to all other values except for the signature. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am going to check if my money orders have been cashed tomorrow. BTW, I've sent you a private message regarding how to edit your signature. That's how I did it.

My check for I-485 got cashed but the I-130 (USC Spouse) has not been cashed yet. I dont mean to be paranoid but all the cases that I have seen on this forum had both their checks cashed at the same time. Hoping for the best :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks kvs26. I updated my info and added these 3 columns.

AOS or CP
Consulate for CP
Checks Cashed

Its for everyone. I only added the columns that apply to AOS. If there are any extra columns that are needed for CP, feel free to add it

hi guys i recieved my biometrics letter y'day. Seems like my case was touched on aug 31.
check my signature to see how my case is proceeding.

also i hve updated the google excel sheet.

How do you guys update the spreadsheet without gmail account? When I click on the link you provided it opens a gmail login page and I cannot open anything without logging into gmail account...

To update your signatures, go to USER CP on the left of the panel at the top of the page, then scroll down to see Edit Signature on the left.

I get the google login page when I click on the link.

The permissions have been set up so that any one can update it and a Google ID is not needed for this. Can you post the error if you are getting one....I signed out of my Google ID and was still able to update it.

Thanks!

My checks were cashed today! Hopefully I get the receipts soon enough.

For those having problems accessing the Google Excel doc, click on the link from any of kvs26's posts except their first one. The links from their subsequent posts work just fine. Not sure why that is, but I was able to update it.

Spouse of a USC

08/27/09 - Mailed package to USCIS - I-130, I485, I765
08/30/09 - Package received by USCIS
09/04/09 - Checks cashed

Last edited by a moderator:
My biometrics notice arrived today! Woo hoo! And it's scheduled for a Saturday??? I didn't realize USCIS did Saturday appointments. It's very convenient because I work full time and live 3 hours from the appointment location.

To answer my own previous question, the notice states that the biometrics addresses both the I-485 and I-765 applications.

feifeifei, your case is moving quickly!

Had my FP done today.

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering - is there an advantage to doing a walk-in for the FP like feifeifei has done. I guess it wouldnt be bad to speed up things by 20 days from our side. Just wanted to know if it makes any difference from the USCIS side.

Thanks!

Got my NOA's today! I am also wondering if there is an advantage if you walk in for FP like what kvs26 said.

Thanks!

Got my NOA's today! I am also wondering if there is an advantage if you walk in for FP like what kvs26 said.

Thanks!

I do not think so. I got data from the following source: trackitt dot com
and then I did a plot and this what I found:

y = 0.2931x + 56.048

where y is the number of days to get AED card and x is the number of days from the day you got the notice for FP.
For my data I removed few points that made the equation be off... (ie those who went early but it took them 100 days or more to get card).

So my conclusion is that if you go 20 days before your appointment then it might save you 5 days.... but honestly I need more data. I think you are better of spending more timing preparing the documents and avoid an RFE which can really delay your process.

Hi fellow applicants -

I am not familiar with the process and time, and never heard about any formula to calculate how long the EAD process takes.
My understanding is that the faster you provide data required, the quicker your request be processed.

For FP, if you have spare time before the appointment date, do walk-in. Check it out anyway. It only took me 20 minutes after I walked in.

Since USCIS office check your appointment notice at the entrance, your time won't be wasted. They will say no if they don't allow it.

Out of curiosity, am I the only one that haven't had a touch on my case since the date the NOA was sent out? That's the last touch the website is showing and I just want to see what others are seeing for their last updated date.