August 2009 family based filers post here

I asked and searched in this forum for walk-ins at Fortworth ASC but didnt find any as i did go to this location for our FP's for our citizenship fp's. Also what i read on this forum, one of them been to Dallas ASC office(walk-in) for FP when his FP was scheduled at Fortworth ASC. He told the officer that Dallas ACS is closer to his house than the Fortworth ASC and the officer was nice enough to get his FP's done here. You can try your luck, i would have tried if i read that message before my FP.

I was in the city where my biometrics appointment is scheduled on other business today and decided to try completing my biometrics early. This would have saved another 6-hour round-trip later this month. The security guard stated the Fort Worth ASC is too small to allow walk-ins.
The wait continues:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info Raj. I'll just wait until the 26th and go to my scheduled appointment in Fort Worth.

Thanks Raj. Other than impatience I don't have any excuse for doing a walk-in... We live 3 hours west of the Metroplex so the Fort Worth ASC really is my closest ASC. Going back for my scheduled date gives us an excuse to find some entertainment for a weekend. I'll just wait my turn like a good little applicant, ha!
:p

Did a walk-in for the Biometrics today

Did a walk-in for the Biometrics today at the Atlanta center. There were barely a few people in front of me. By the time, the guy at the front desk gave me the coupon for my place in the line, it was already being called out. It took less than 10 minutes overall. :D

Now the wait begins

Hello every one,

Just now I got e-mail notice from CRIS, that I-485 and I-130 files of both my parents are transfered to California Service Center. I live in New Jersey, so expecting it will be transfered to Vermont Center. I am surprised and worried. Is this usual thing or some thing wrong?? Please reply if any one has any answers.

Thanks,

Got LUD on I-485 and I-765 after FP walkin

Got a soft LUD on my I-485 and I-765 today after I did the FP walk-in on Friday

Just wanted to let people know, we just received our interview letter today (14th of September) for the 24th of September!! Short notice! Thought I'd post here too, as I filed at the very end of July... :) Less than 2 months between submitting forms and getting our interview! Hope that's a good sign!

Good luck everyone!!

Thanks Sag408!

Is it strange that I haven't received the biometrics notice yet? Most people received theirs with three or four days of receiving the NOAs... It's hard to be patient when everyone's cases seem to be moving so quickly!

I'm happy for those filers, but a tad jealous too!

Its still too early to be concerned (I know its easy for some1 else to say that). If you dont get it for more than 2 weeks after the NOAs, you can call USCIS to see whats going on.

Thanks Sag408!

Is it strange that I haven't received the biometrics notice yet? Most people received theirs with three or four days of receiving the NOAs... It's hard to be patient when everyone's cases seem to be moving so quickly!

I'm happy for those filers, but a tad jealous too!

I got my biometrics notice today, 9 days after I got my NOA's. Don't worry bellalondon, hopefully you'll get yours within this week.

My schedule is on October 2 but I plan to do walk-in on Wednesday, September 16. Wish me luck! :D

Case Details Still Not On-Line

Any one in similar boat.

Applied for parents. ND is Aug 25th 2009.
Received the notice, but both the cases are still not showing on-line...

:confused:

I did a walk-in today, I was scheduled 3 days ahead.

I had had a problem with the biometrics letter, it had been sent to another direction, I called USCIS and they faxed it to me so I didnt have to wait for the new letter! They are not as evil as I used to think ;)

Thanks KVS26 and swtblcn23... looks like all three of our cases are very close together date-wise. Keep us posted! Hopefully in a few months everyone will have good news to report. =)

Any one in similar boat.

Applied for parents. ND is Aug 25th 2009.
Received the notice, but both the cases are still not showing on-line...

:confused:

What's showing when you enter the case number? I guess USCIS doesn't update on line that fast. Mine is still showing that they sent the ND but I already got my Biometrics Notice yesterday. Try calling USCIS. ;)

What's showing when you enter the case number? I guess USCIS doesn't update on line that fast. Mine is still showing that they sent the ND but I already got my Biometrics Notice yesterday. Try calling USCIS. ;)

Hi, the on line site updates every 10 days, so dont expect to see real time stuffs there. If you call USCIS, and you are not able to talk to an inmigrant office, they will say to you the same that you can see in the on line site, but if you can reach an official inmigration, they can access the real system and tell you whats going on right now with your forms.

Hello everybody! I walked in for my biometrics today and it went well. I got there around 130pm and there was no line! :D Showed my letter and identification to the security guard and asked him if I can do a walk-in. He said its fine but then he asked for my marriage certificate, which of course I didn't have with me at that time :eek: But a lady officer (or staff) said it was alright since my drivers license has my married name ;)

After filling up the form, a lady did my fingerprints and photograph. Then I was done! 10 minutes tops! So now the wait begins :)

just an update on my case. i got my biometrics done today as per my appointment date.
the place was deserted, there were more employees than applicant present.

Case approved

Applied for parents: PD Aug 20th: / Nd Aug 25th

Both cases never came online...
Suddenly poped-up with the info: APPROVAL NOTICE SENT

I don't believe it...:eek: