Atlanta Local Office Processing

Re: RD or TD

Originally posted by waitingforaos
I hope its not 2 years from transfer date but I think that's what it is since my RD is july 2001 and its been over 2 years.

I just heard back from Senator Miller's office - BCIS sent a two line e-mail reply that said it's taking over 2 years in Atlanta, and that we do not qualify for expedited processing.

They also said that I'd be in the queue based on my NOTICE date, not the RECEIPT date, which was two months earlier. I'll need to deal with Senator Miller's office again on this, but God knows how useful they'll be. :(

I got a reply from Senator's Ziller's office saying that they have received my request and have send a query to BCIS.

From what you are saying, Realcanadian, we get in the queue based on our original notice date and its taking over 2 years since then. Based on that lets see the reply I get as based on ND its been 766 days and based on RD its been 809 days. In any case they are both over 2 years. I dont know why but I have a feeling that they will now say that ist over 2 years from the transfer day. Hope not....but from all previous experiences with INS their answer cahnges based on the persons situation. Long and short will give you an answer telling you that you got to wait.

Hoping for the best!

From what you are saying, Realcanadian, we get in the queue based on our original notice date and its taking over 2 years since then. Based on that lets see the reply I get as based on ND its been 766 days and based on RD its been 809 days. In any case they are both over 2 years.

Actually, it should be based on RD. The problem is that the CLAIMS system uses the ND as its receipt date, hence the confusion. I spoke to him on the phone today and he asked me to send over a copy of the I-485 receipt with the proper dates and he would follow up on this.

Regarding the humanitarian expedite, he said that such expedites were usually for folks outside the US who needed to come here. I suggested that since an AOS applicant was by definition already here (with work authorization) the logical conclusion was that there was no such thing as a humanitarian AOS expedite. While he didn't exactly agree with me, he didn't disagree either. :)

You might want to drop Charles a line later on this week if you haven't already.

I got a letter from Charles saying that they have received my details and have send a request to BCIS to find out about my case. I think I will wait till end of this week and if I don't hear anything, then as suggested will give Charles a call or mail him.

Usually how long is the response time after they have received the details.

Guys

While my transferred case await its turn in Atlanta, I plan to travel to India on Advance Parole (AP). When I return, do I need to fill an I-94.... Or I don't need one? Any clue?

Thanks

AILA recently posted their national processing times for DHS local offices. Atlanta (after two months on the "No Report Received" list) is now listed as taking 880 days, or about 2 years and 5 months.

This is encouraging at least in the sense that they are doing interviews, and maybe they are scheduling July 2001 cases for a December 2003 interview. Let's stay tuned.

That's close to the information I have got from the Senator's office. They told me its taking about 2 years 6 months. My RD is July 2001 but have still not received anything. Hope to hear from them soon as am hoping that they schedule an interview in December and not in Jan as am planning a long pending vacation in January.I will be calling the Senator's office in December if I don't hear anything in another 2-3 weeks

TheRealCanadian, Waitingforaos,

Are your cases employment based cases or family based cases. Regardless is it taking the same amount of time 2+ yrs for the approval or is it different. Also I applied in April of 2003 are those cases going to MSC or being handled by the local office. Any info would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

QCO.

Originally posted by QCO1
Are your cases employment based cases or family based cases. Regardless is it taking the same amount of time 2+ yrs for the approval or is it different.

It is taking the same amount of time. We are slotted in with all of the mail-order brides.

Also I applied in April of 2003 are those cases going to MSC or being handled by the local office. Any info would be really appreciated.

Atlanta BCIS is now forwarding all FB filings to MSC, but I do not know when that started. Are you an FB case?

Like RealCanadian said, EB and FB fall in the same bucket. I think it is totally unfair for an EB allicant who has applied at one the Natioanl service centers and then their case is transferred to the Local offices. We have already waited at the service center and just because our cases are transfered.........in some cases for no known reason we got to get back to the end of the queue. The only thing that we should be happy about is that the wait time is not 2+ years from the transfer date.

Lets keep our fingers crossed as am sure all of us are very close for an interview.

Very Helpful

That was very helpful Realcanadian!

Is this a new site or you just got to know about it? Also, do you an idea as to what was the processing date last month? AM trying to figure out how fast they are moving. My RD is mid July so depending on how fats they move,can get a time estimate. Was jsut hoping to get a decision by end of December but don't think its going to happen

I saw that. But I guess with my luck my petition is still in the local office and was not forwarded to the MSC. Well all I can say is I hope the best for everyone and wouldnt wish this wait and heartache even on my worst enemy.

Good Luck to All.

QCO

Great news

Hi TheRealCanadian .

You provided us a useful link . I was so frustrated and stopped thinking about GC. Mine got transferred in Feb 03 and RD is Sept 01 . This info gave me ray of hope .

Great job buddy.

Re: Very Helpful

Is this a new site or you just got to know about it? Also, do you an idea as to what was the processing date last month?

I cannot remember where I saw the link, but it appears to be a new feature on the USCIS web site. I think the dates get updated once a month, so we'll see what happens in early December.

After being interviewed at the Atlanta office, how long does it take for an I-485 employment based case to be approved?

Processing date not changed

I just checked the link posted by RealCanadian and looks like they update the processing date weekly. But it has not moved since last week.

Re: Processing date not changed

I just checked the link posted by RealCanadian and looks like they update the processing date weekly. But it has not moved since last week.

Yes, the dates appear to be updated every Friday or Saturday.