Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Good luck to all of you who have interview this week. The ones that i know off!!

GA0509 - today
Real Canadian - 10/7 (Wed) - Long awaited one...

BEST of LUCK!! :)

All,
Just came back. The summary is that a decision cannot be made! I am so pissed. He gave me an N-14 and i have to bring a certified copy of a WARNING TICKET that i got in another state. I told him it was a warning ticket but he still wants it. I am now calling the department to get that. He also wants to review my marriage as my wife goes to school in MD. Overall here is what happened:

Got in @ like 813am for 845 apt. I was called in @ 9am for which he said he had not had time to review my file. Right from the start i am thinking ok...Swears me in. Ask for more documents because of marriage based.. Says he wants to investigate my marriage because he had never seen an i-751 adjucated without and interview. I tell him ok. Showed him all proof and documents i had. Proceeded to give me the civics test and writing test. Passed it all. Said he would review my file end of day and gives me 30 days to put in my certified court disposition for warning ticket.

All I can do is wait now.
it lasted for 30mins

Hi Mimi1212!

I did not get my IL yet. The reason I know my interview date is because the day before my status changed to "sent for standard interview" I called USCIS to check on that RFE email that we all got with the fingerprinting....just in case it was something else! Anyway, I then got a response to my inquiry that said my appt was 11/12/09 and if I have any more questions I should contact them.

Anyway, my interview is about 6 weeks after the online status changed to "sent for standard interview" so you can estimate yours to be around the same time as mine I bet!!

Good luck!!!

Did you talk to a regular customer service rep? I just called to see if they had my date but the girl told me they CAN'T see that.....maybe she didn't wanna help me ....or my date is not set up yet UGH lol.

Please help

Hey Guys,
I'm starting to be very worry here.
Since September 25th, my status is:
"On September 25, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires"
I sent my N400 application on 09/11. Check cashed 3 days later.

juney said that it's fingerprint notice, but today is 10/05. Does it take this long to get it???
I called USCIS and they told me that I have to wait till 10/10 and call back.
????????

That's 10 days ago, it seems a lot but wait until next Monday to call back just give it a few extra days and hopefully you will get it before then.

Thank you Mimi1212,

By the way, in my case status online, Last Updated 09/30/2009. But the notice was mailed 10/25/2009.!!!!

Does that make since?

You meant 9/25/2009 hehe. Well for some people the status "updates" every day, it doesn't mean much really unless is some internal work they do, but as far as CHANGES as soon as they happen it will show it on there. Try calling and saying that you are worried your letter got lost in the mail that your status says the letter was sent on the 25th and you have not received it yet, some people on here have called and the customer service rep have re-sent that letter, maybe they can do that for you in case it was really lost on the way to you.

I got the yellow letter yesterday. They want driver's lisence and arrest record even though I have never been arrested. I listed two traffic citations on N400 which were resulted in fine payments of $70 and $80. I think the language on yellow letter is standard and says "arrested" even the minor traffic violations are listed on N400.

I remember the instructions says we do not need to worry about traffic ticket documents. But this time they want court dispositions. I will try to find these documents from local governments.

Although yellow letter never asked for it, my wife's interviewer asked her for court dispositions of the two traffic tickets she had over the years. She marked "cited, arrested" box on her N-400. So it's good to plan ahead and obtain them now :)

I have seen several filers doing the same mistake of mentioning their traffics tickets in their application

The instructions clearly says only indicate tickets with fines over $500 and arrests

We try to act too honest and smart

I got the yellow letter yesterday. They want driver's lisence and arrest record even though I have never been arrested. I listed two traffic citations on N400 which were resulted in fine payments of $70 and $80. I think the language on yellow letter is standard and says "arrested" even the minor traffic violations are listed on N400.

I remember the instructions says we do not need to worry about traffic ticket documents. But this time they want court dispositions. I will try to find these documents from local governments.

The instructions clearly says only indicate tickets with fines over $500 and arrests

That's the biggest misconception..the instructions say you don't need to provide documentation for traffic fines below $500, not that you don't have to disclose them outright.

I say if you mention any tickets on your N-400 bring receipts of payment etc for it, they said you don't need it but they ask for it! GOD!!!!!!!!!!! seriously! I can't believe how they treat us and try to intimidate us!

Interview Experience

I had my interview today. Here is how it went:

Got there at 12:00 pm for 12:05 appointment. Checked in at the counter on the second floor and waited impatiently for 20-25 minutes before my name was called. The officer led me to the third floor and administered the oath as soon we entered her office.

She did a few checks on her computer and looked for my birth certificate in the file. I carried a birth certificate with me but there was one in the file already. We did the history/civics and english tests and I passed.

She went through my application very quickly and asked me if I wanted to be a citizen today. She then gave me the approval sheet and asked me to wait on the second floor. It took roughly 15 minutes.

At about 1:45 pm or so, my name was called again and I was given my oath ceremony letter. The ceremony did not start until 2:20 and I was out by 3:00 pm.

I want to thank everyone on this forum and wish you all the best.

Last edited by a moderator: