Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Recived IL and 2nd set of CFR(yellow letters)

Today I received a 2 nd set of yellow letters both for me and my wife.
This time it says just DL.Not sure which one to use . The previous one had a big list for my wife (DL,Photos GC and proof of name change)

Also, received IL for my wife ( Nov 12 9:35 AM)

All of them had a post date of Oct 2nd

Still waiting for my IL

11/12 for 2 people on here, could it be that we all have the interview the same day? HAHA .......Im still waiting for my IL =) -My web status updates every day now, my yellow letter is dated 9/29 the date before my status online went to "Sent for standard interview".

Atlanta Interview Experience

My interview was scheduled at 9:25 AM. I live less than a mile away from USCIS office so I left home at five past and was there at 9:10. It does take an additional 10-20 minutes based on number of folks at security. SO give yourself and additional 15 minutes and be ready to do a TSA airport routine!
I checked in at 9:24 AM.
I was called in by an efficient, but unsmiling Officer at around 10AM. Administered Oath. and asked me the same set of questions that have been posted within the last 2 days.
Who wrote Declaration of independence?
State bordering Mexico?
Commander of armed forces?
3 of original 13 states?
President's party?
the 2 political parties in US?
He reviewed my file. and went through my responses on my application quickly. He specifically asked me if i had any speeding tickets. I had responded NO to any arrests/citations in my application. But I told him of a remote speeding ticket in another state, my only one, 8 years ago. He asked me if I had paid the fie, and I said yes. He recorded this and moved on.
Verified I had not ever claimed to be a US citizen, voted etc. And then asked me if i would like my oath ceremony today. :)
I responded in the affirmative. He finally smiled and said congratulations.I was done by 10:20. i had to wait for another 40 minutes to get my oath letter.

Came back after lunch by 1:pm. 94 new citizens from 40 nations were sworn in today.
I was sworn in by 2:30pm. By 2:45 I had made a copy of my certificate, and then went home,filled my passport application online. Had it submitted at the local post office today by 3:30pm.

Another case of missed IL

USPS might have lost my IL

My wife received her IL on 10/05 along with CFR letter and my CFR letter

Waited for 2 days and no IL yet
Impatience prevailed and I ended up calling USCIS, 2nd level IO confirmed IL mailed on 10/01 and told me to wait until 10/14(normal wait time for IL)
And if I don't get it by then, I can make an INFOPASS appointment and they can print me a duplicte IL right there.

The only issue I have is need to take a day off and drive 300 miles for no fault of mine

I am not sure why USCIS can't just mail me a duplicte IL instead of all INFOPASS crap

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you Juney, it sucks for people like us that have to drive so far. A simple step like re-printing and mailing an IL shouldn't be this hard. Hopefully it is on the mail and it hasn't been lost.

Good Luck.

Another case of missed IL
I am not sure why USCIS can't just mail me a duplicte IL instead of all INFOPASS crap

You may be able to...
I did not receive my finger printing notice in time, so I called USCIS and mentioned my case ( first level offier, I think). She noted down my
details and concern that I have not received biometrics notice.
Within two weeks, I got duplicate of original finger printing notice.

Got my IL today from my neighbor. May be the mail man might have left the mail at the neighbors mail box
I and my wife both have the interview at the same time and I want to know if we can take our 3 ye old kid with one of us to the interview room
please advice

You may be able to...
I did not receive my finger printing notice in time, so I called USCIS and mentioned my case ( first level offier, I think). She noted down my
details and concern that I have not received biometrics notice.
Within two weeks, I got duplicate of original finger printing notice.

Yes, i think that should be ok. Many of the folks in this forum have taken their kids to the interview and they did not have any issues.

You'll be just fine :) All the very best !

Got my IL today from my neighbor. May be the mail man might have left the mail at the neighbors mail box
I and my wife both have the interview at the same time and I want to know if we can take our 3 ye old kid with one of us to the interview room
please advice

Congrats Juney! Is there any one out there around my PD date who have received anything after the Fingerprints from USCIS?

Congratulations Mimi!!!! Your persistance paid off

It is Tufan's turn now to get his interview, hopefully in the next week or so

Thanks for the kind words Juney, as my predictions were for my case notifications were for either monday 10/12 or tuesday 10/13 for the CRIS emails. Let's see as i am hoping for the best. My RD date is 14 days apart from you and 11 days from Mimi1212. Thus the interview dates would be around 1st week of DEC considering thanksgiving holidays. (Provided things go as per timeline and there are no USCIS glitches)

You know what's ironic though that my prediction for your interview date was 11/16 and you can verify against the previous posts, but Mimi1212 got that date... so my calculations were not off keeping that both of you have RD dates within 3 days of each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Juney! =)

Tufan, as soon as your status changes for "case sent for interview" it will be about 4-5 days later if it stays the same way as it was for us.

Thanks for the kind words Juney, as my predictions were for my case notifications were for either monday 10/12 or tuesday 10/13 for the CRIS emails. Let's see as i am hoping for the best. My RD date is 14 days apart from you and 11 days from Mimi1212. Thus the interview dates would be around 1st week of DEC considering thanksgiving holidays. (Provided things go as per timeline and there are no USCIS glitches)

You know what's ironic though that my prediction for your interview date was 11/16 and you can verify against the previous posts, but Mimi1212 got that date... so my calculations were not off keeping that both of you have RD dates within 3 days of each other.

Hey Guys, my predictions were correct. Reached home and just 2 minuts back opened 2 yellow letters for myself and my wife. Both CFR letter have standard verbage and were dated 10/5/09. For me, they just need the drivers license and for my wife DL and 2 passport photographs. I guess they need the photo graphs because the one we gave she was wearing ear rings!!
So, hopefully, i'll get CRIS emails in a week and my interview date will be around Nov 20th.