Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Guys, during interview if the officer asks this question:
What does the Constitution do?

Do I have to answer all the the three below or only one?
-sets up the government
-defines the government
-protects basic rights of Americans

Hey Guys, my predictions were correct. Reached home and just 2 minuts back opened 2 yellow letters for myself and my wife. Both CFR letter have standard verbage and were dated 10/5/09. For me, they just need the drivers license and for my wife DL and 2 passport photographs. I guess they need the photo graphs because the one we gave she was wearing ear rings!!
So, hopefully, i'll get CRIS emails in a week and my interview date will be around Nov 20th.

How long does it take before the case status online changes from RFE to sent for interview after receiving CFR letters?

Secondly, the case has been reviewed, do i need to worry about anything else since the CFR is asking only for driver's license?

Knock knock!!!

Is it just me, or it has been very quite!!! Waiting to hear interview experiences and hoping new interview dates roll in for August Filers

AtlantGA, how did your interview go yesterday? Hope you are a US citizen now!!! I'll wait to congratulate you.. :)
I haven't heard from Real Canadian as well.

Thanks Tufan! I wish I had my interview yesterday!! It is actually in 1 month on 11/12/09! I can't come soon enough!!! :)

I am just setting up my dates. Are there any September/ early October filers?

D/O Atlanta

10/09 N-400 Delivered
10/? Check Cashed

my interview experience

We got there at 8:50am, the interview was scheduled for 9:25am but they were running late. I was called in at about 10am. My officer, Ms. La Bella, was very nice, an immigrant herself. She was surprized to see the size of my file. She wanted to see birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate. The last one she could not find so i gave her a copy. General questions - have u been a terrorist.... Speeding tickets i did not mention but mentioned other traffic case and gave her the certified court disposition. After that she gave me the test and asked if i wanted to do the oath today. I waited for the oath letter till 11:45am, then went and grabbed lunch and was back to the building. The oath started at 3pm, ended at 4:30pm.

After the oath we were told:
- to make a copy of the certificate and keep it at home
- to NEVER laminate the certificate as it will spoil the stamp
- not to travel right away as the system needs to be updated
- to check certificate for errors and report them asap - the A-files are kept in the office only for 30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congragulations!!

My interview time is same as yours and I am surprised to know that they were running late at 9 am

We got there at 8:50am, the interview was scheduled for 9:25am but they were running late. I was called in at about 10am. My officer, Ms. La Bella, was very nice, an immigrant herself. She was surprized to see the size of my file. She wanted to see birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate. The last one she could not find so i gave her a copy. General questions - have u been a terrorist.... Speeding tickets i did not mention but mentioned other traffic case and gave her the certified court disposition. After that she gave me the test and asked if i wanted to do the oath today. I waited for the oath letter till 11:45am, then went and grabbed lunch and was back to the building. The oath started at 3pm, ended at 4:30pm.

I wonder what time they start? Mine is at 8am. Maybe they didn't have enough officers? that's what they were running late.

hey Mimi,

I had an update online to my case, sent to local DO for standard interview, no IL yet thoguh, it was updated on 10/13/2009

So I guess now I am just waiting for the IL, assuming all background checks are completed and now all is in hands of DO

Got our citizenship completed yesterday. I guess, yesterday was the worst day for the USCIS people. They had about 300 people show up for citizenship interview. Our interview was for 10:25 am - got called for interview at 12:45 pm. Completed the interview in 15 minutes. My officer asked for my birth certificate, which I said that I did not have. She was ok. Went through the application - and confirmed everything on the application. Gave her the traffic citation disposition from the court, she filed it away. Asked me to read - "How many senators do we have in the Senate" and I had to read and then write the response. Then went through the 10 questions - answered the first 6 correct, and then she stamped approved and asked if I would want to take the oath today. I said yes and was asked to wait for the final approaval paper to be handed to me.

I sat around in the waiting hall from 1:00 PM through 3:50 pm to get my approval. Due to the large number of applicants yesterday - they had to hold 2 oath cermonies, and we got done by 4:30 pm.

I would like to commend the way Immigration office folks treated us while waiting out there. They were very patient and were apologetic for the delays - they said that this was the largest 1 day crowd they have seen yet. But the day ended well, and thats what counted for me.

Wish all the applicants on the board success and thanks for all the tips and suggestions provided over the 4 months, we have been on this board. Thanks

When i was there, they had 189 people from 60 countries at the oath. When my friend went to her interview one day - they hardly had any people..

Congratulations aniretake and sivavenkat!

I received passport card and naturalization certificate today. This is the end of my US immigration story :) Now, I heard Australia is really nice ;)

What does this mean - RFE?

I was expecting notices for FP for me & wife but case updated with following msg.
On October 14, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail.

GC Approval date - 12/14/2004
N 400 Rccd - 9/22/09
Check cashed - 9/25/09
NOA recd - 9/29/09
RFE - 10/14/09