Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

COOL!

It is crazy that all of us that applied around the same date got updated the same day! =) I can't wait to receive my letter and see the date since Im 6 hours away from Atlanta I have to plan my trip!

Me too !!!!

But my drive is just 2 hours

COOL!

It is crazy that all of us that applied around the same date got updated the same day! =) I can't wait to receive my letter and see the date since Im 6 hours away from Atlanta I have to plan my trip!

Me too !!!!

But my drive is just 2 hours
WOW!! You guys have some planning to do, unlike me who lives within 8 miles of La Vista road(USCIS center) in Dunwoody...!! But there were times when i had to go for just fingerprinting 2 hours away from Richmond to Norfolk during the GC process and since my case did not move, FP's used to expire and then i used to get em done over again bcos the validity was 18 months. It was a painful drive in the morning as i used to get early FP appts like 8AM.

Anyways... it's intresting that case applications before and after my case ending with *82 have been sent for the interview but my status remains the same.

On the other note, seeing interview notices for Juney (7/24), Mimi1212(7/29), AtlantaGA(7/28), David571(7/27) and Shri999(8/30) has made me excited.

Are there individuals on the forum who has PD dates before 8/15? Please share....because i did not see any for long time, except bilip2000(8/6)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can some one post the address of the center

I need to decide if I need to come to Atlanta the day before my interview

Also can we take kids to the interview / oath ( 3 yr old)

Thanks

WOW!! You guys have some planning to do, unlike me who lives within 8 miles of La Vista road(USCIS center) in Dunwoody...!! But there were times when i had to go for just fingerprinting 2 hours away from Richmond to Norfolk during the GC process and since my case did not move, FP's used to expire and then i used to get em done over again bcos the validity was 18 months. It was a painful drive in the morning as i used to get early FP appts like 8AM.

Anyways... it's intresting that case applications before and after my case ending with *82 have been sent for the interview but my status remains the same.

On the other note, seeing interview notices for Juney (7/24), Mimi1212(7/29), AtlantaGA(7/28), David571(7/27) and Shri999(8/30) has made me excited.

Are there individuals on the forum who has PD dates before 8/15? Please share....because i did not see any for long time, except bilip2000(8/6)

Can some one post the address of the center

I need to decide if I need to come to Atlanta the day before my interview

Also can we take kids to the interview / oath ( 3 yr old)

Thanks

Juney,

This office is located at:

2150 Parklake Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30345.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?a...tor.office_type=LO&OfficeLocator.statecode=GA

You can bring the kids, but just make sure you feed them enough so they don't bother you at the time of the interview and also before the oath ceromany as you could be there for 4 hrs if you get the same day oath. Ofcourse you can step out, i am sure you can plan better.

Interview and Oath completed today

I will be posting the details later tonight or tomorrow. I am going out to celebrate.

Details of my interview and same day Oath for October 1st

As promised here is my Atlanta interview experience for Oct 1 2009. Excuse any grammatical errors, its past midnight and I am beat

I got at the USCIS office at 8:25AM, even though my interview was scheduled for 9:05AM (I did not want to take chances with traffic and all). Once I got there I went through the security check and then I went to the second floor and handed the clerk my interview letter. He then told me to have a seat and wait to be called by the I.O.

I can say that I was impressed with how the Atlanta office was processing applicants today. They seemed to have quite a few officers working. Every 20mins or so, An I.O would come to the clerk’s window and get assigned a file and then call out the name and then head to the third floor for the interview.

I waited patiently as they (I.O’s) came and left. By the way, it looks like USCIS hired a lot of young I.Os (most of them looked to be around mid 20’s to early 30’s in age) . Some were very friendly and polite, but just my luck would have it, I got called by an I.O who looked like he did not want to be there. He called my name and did not even say good morning or just a simple Hello like all the other ones. So I went ahead and said “Good Morning”. He mumbled "Good Morning to you too”.

He led me to the third floor, and once we got to his office, he asked me to remain standing and raise my right hand. He swore me in and then asked me sit down and also to provide him with my passport, Green card and Driver’s license. He then went through my file quietly (which was very awkward, I just sat there looking at the walls and the ceiling while he went through my file) He did not seem interested in any small talk and barely looked at me.

He then abruptly started asking me the civic questions. At first I was not sure what he was asking me since I was still busy looking at the ceiling and the walls. But I immediately realized he had started with the questions and answered quickly.

The questions were:
1. What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?
2. Who is in charge of the executive branch?
3. If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
4. What does the Constitution do?
5. There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them.
6. What is one reason colonists came to America?

And then he asked me to read “ Which state has the most people?”
Then asked me to write “California has the most people”

He marked the answers as we proceeded, but once in a while I would notice that he was not paying attention to my answer because he asked me the same question twice.

We then went through my N400 Application, gave him short answers ( “Yes”, “No”,” I do”, e.t.c)and then got me to sign the last page . He then gave me a form that said I had passed the civic and I was approved.
After that he asked me if I wanted the same day oath, which I answered “yes, I would like that”. And told me to go back to the second floor and wait for the oath letter.
I thank him and headed back to the waiting room. ( the actual interview process lasted around 10 minutes)

As I was heading to the second floor via the elevator, I ran into a very friendly and chatty I.O that was heading back to get another applicant and he asked me how I did. I told him that I had passed, but I was a little nervous at first. He then smiled and said “ there was nothing to worry about . . . Congratulations, you are now on your way to become an American citizen”. I told him thank you and exited the elevator.

As for the oath ceremony, It lasted approx 45 minutes. We had 96 people, from 36 countries. The ceremony was very straight forward and quick. We spent most of the time waiting for the ceremony to start .
I am glad this chapter of my life is over. It has been a long journey and I wish you all the best of luck.

As a side note; I did not see anyone get denied today.

I passed my interview yesterday, ya!!! It was over so quick, they took none of my paperwork to show shared relationship, asked me a few questions, and that was it. I was in and out in under 10 minutes!

I choose to defer my oath to a later date due to my work. Im a flight attendant and fly out of the country a lot. I need to coordinate with my work and with the express passport service center in Florida.

WOW- Congrats to ATLFA and NYANI08! how exciting!

Tufan- It seems ATL was stuck for a while but things are moving a lot faster now so I'm sure you will be getting your letter very soon. I'm checking my mail every day hoping to see it soon haha =)

good to see that end of july applicants are getting IL. any aug filers got IL? thanks.

Hey TMC, our GC approval dates and N-400 dates are within 1 day of each other. Hopefully after all the july rush is over this week we'll start seeing something next week for 1st week of August filers. Hey.. did you do your FP's as walk-in or was that your schduled date? Thanks..

What time is the Atlanta cut off for interview again?
My interview is at 12:45pm. Might be cutting it too close for same day oath.

What time is the Atlanta cut off for interview again?
My interview is at 12:45pm. Might be cutting it too close for same day oath.

Usually they let people take same day oath if interview is done by 12.30 pm.

Got my yellow letter yesterday! dated 9/29!

AtlantaGA YOU got ur interview letter already wow that means mine is coming soon lol hopefully!

Got my yellow letter yesterday! dated 9/29!

AtlantaGA YOU got ur interview letter already wow that means mine is coming soon lol hopefully!

Hi Mimi1212!

I did not get my IL yet. The reason I know my interview date is because the day before my status changed to "sent for standard interview" I called USCIS to check on that RFE email that we all got with the fingerprinting....just in case it was something else! Anyway, I then got a response to my inquiry that said my appt was 11/12/09 and if I have any more questions I should contact them.

Anyway, my interview is about 6 weeks after the online status changed to "sent for standard interview" so you can estimate yours to be around the same time as mine I bet!!

Good luck!!!