Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

octav982 & caryz

My interview is also on 04/28 - But I don't see any other dates in APRIL for ATL folks - atleast whoever posted here.

Btw, mine will be @10.45 and my wife's will be @ 1PM.

mnq_n400,

I wish you all the best on your name check issue.

Good Luck to you all.

Hello everybody,

I received the CFR (yellow form) today, does this mean anything at all? like will I be receiving the interview letter soon?
Interestingly, the CFR is dated on the 3rd year anniversary of my green card!

Also, I called the irs for tax transcript and they told me I need to complete the form 4506-T and fax or mail it.
For some reason, I thought I read on this thread somewhere that I could request the transcript by phone and that it was faster that way.
Any suggestion!

Note: I can see the frustration on this forum... uscis sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everybody,

I called the irs for tax transcript and they told me I need to complete the form 4506-T and fax or mail it.
For some reason, I thought I read on this thread somewhere that I could request the transcript by phone and that it was faster that way.
Any suggestion!

Yes you can call 800-829-1040 to request transcripts and use automated system to request docs for last 3 years.

Yes you can call 800-829-1040 to request transcripts and use automated system to request docs for last 3 years.

I second this. I called it about 2 weeks ago and got them a few days back. However my fax request for 2004 and 2003 were rejected. The letter says it's only available for the previous 3 years. Guess we will have to pay for them. Well since my yellow letter did not mention tax transcript, I will not bother to get them.

Cheer up.

Guys, I will have my interview on 4/28, 9:05 in the morning. I am thinking of same day oath if possible. I am wondering:
1. Can he stay in the waiting room while I am being interviewed?
2. Can he witness the oath ceremony and take some pictures/video?
3. What time do the oath ceremonies usually take place? If it's like 2 or 3 in the afternoon, maybe I can go back after interview and bring him back for it. 9 AM to 2/3 PM is a long wait.

0) You should get same day assuming everything is in order and you pass the interview
1) Yes he can wait
2) Yes, but you can't take photo equipment into the building until 1:30pm
3) It's 2pm: go away and come back. When the oath is complete, you must leave the room for your certificate, but can then go back in for photos in front of the flag etc.

0) You should get same day assuming everything is in order and you pass the interview
1) Yes he can wait
2) Yes, but you can't take photo equipment into the building until 1:30pm
3) It's 2pm: go away and come back. When the oath is complete, you must leave the room for your certificate, but can then go back in for photos in front of the flag etc.

Thanks, fnm124, this is really helpful.

Chill Out People!

I have been reading this forum last one month or so. I realized that people are getting nervous about the application. Just chill out! If you try to do this same application it would take you years in your home country, so be patient. I have sent my application on 01/15/2009 and I got interview date on April 30,2009. All you need is be patient and do what it says on the form. I think process time changes for each individual and country of citizenship as well.
I think , if you have anything informative or have question you should post, otherwise repeating same concerns over and over makes the forum unbearable.:)
Thanks to everyone who posts.....

Need Advice

Hello Folks,

I got my interview on Thursday, May 14th, 2009 at 10:25AM

1. After the interview, can I request to postpone the Oath. I have to leave to India on May 19th so would like to apply for my passport on my return.

2. In the list of things to bring, they have mentioned
a. Any evidence of Selective Service Registration

Do I need to apply for the letter from SSR even though I got my green card after I turned 28 ?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello Folks,

I got my interview on Thursday, May 14th, 2009 at 10:25AM

1. After the interview, can I request to postpone the Oath. I have to leave to India on May 19th so would like to apply for my passport on my return.
Yes, you can inform IO at interview not to schedule oath until after you return.
2. In the list of things to bring, they have mentioned
a. Any evidence of Selective Service Registration

Do I need to apply for the letter from SSR even though I got my green card after I turned 28 ?

No, as your immigration record shows you weren't required to register in the first place.

Atlanta

Got Interview Letter yesterday. Interview is on May 20, 2009 at 10:25 AM. I hope I can complete the oath the same day.

I have been asked to bring "Any evidence of Selective Service Registration". I guess I do not need it as I got my GC when I was 39 yrs old.

Here is the time line:

DO - Atlanta
01/27/09 : N-400 Mailed Lock Box - Texas.
02/02/09 : N-400 Received.
02/02/09 : Priority Date.
02/06/09 : Check Cashed
02/09/09 : NOA Received.
02/14/09 : FP Notice Received
02/18/09 : FP Done (walk-in).
02/25/09 : FP Appointment
04/01/09 : Interview Letter.
05/20/09 : Interview Date

I have been asked to bring "Any evidence of Selective Service Registration". I guess I do not need it as I got my GC when I was 39 yrs old.

It's a generic request they send out to all applicants, even females who it doesn't even apply to. Since it doesn't apply to you , you don't need to submit it.

DoxAtl,

Has there been any update on your case. I guess you and I are the only one left from the Oct-Dec 08 filers. Please keep me updated if you hear anything. I called the IO again today but received the same response that you should be hearing something soon. According to the timeline we are approaching close to the 5 mth posted out there so will see what happens after that. Good luck.

Regards,

mnq_n400

DoxAtl,

Has there been any update on your case. I guess you and I are the only one left from the Oct-Dec 08 filers. Please keep me updated if you hear anything. I called the IO again today but received the same response that you should be hearing something soon. According to the timeline we are approaching close to the 5 mth posted out there so will see what happens after that. Good luck.

Regards,

mnq_n400

mnq,
I think we (you and I) need to stay in touch. You are right, I was about the 5 months processing time they have on their website as well, and that gives me hope, but they can change that month to month too, so...
Otherwise, I am about 6 weeks or so from that 5 months period, and you are about 5 weeks away.

As far as update, few days after I received the yellow letter, I called (last week) the 800# and asked why the letter was not showing an interview date (because of this forum, I know better, but I was pretenting to not know, so to get some info).:)
Anyway,the 2nd level IO told me that my case was transfered to my local office, therefore, I should be receiving a letter soon.

So, I am still waiting!

DoxAtl,

atleast in your case they said your case has been transferred to the local DO. I have received conflicting info. sometime they say that my name check has been cleared sometimes they are still waiting for it. but the end result the file is still at NBC. if you wanna talk send me a pm and we can chat.

regards,

mnq_m400

tax return dilemma

i qualified for n-400 application through the 5 years process, got married 3 years ago i marked married in the application but i have been filling SINGLE STATUS in my tax return for the past 5 years wiil this be an issue if i am ask for bring my tax return to my interview. thanks

i qualified for n-400 application through the 5 years process, got married 3 years ago i marked married in the application but i have been filling SINGLE STATUS in my tax return for the past 5 years wiil this be an issue if i am ask for bring my tax return to my interview. thanks

Certainly. You've been making a false statement in your tax returns.

the realcanadian you got it all wrong, my spouse live outside the country, never lived in state, got no SSN is not possible to fill married status, that is the situation.