Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Be patient and realize that the entire process is taking between 4-8 months. There seems to be more posters these days who are worrying although they only applied 2-4 months ago. Stop worrying , you'll get your interview soon.

Bobsmyth, thanks a bunch.... I know I am a worry freak:)...I started freaking out when I saw applicants of my DO, who applied after me getting their interview letter.
I think you right, I need to be patient.

DoxAtl,

You and I are in the same boat. I know its difficult to wait since it seems like a black hole since you have no idea whats happening in the background. I was told about two weeks ago that my name check has been cleared but then when i called this week was told that my file still has not been transferred to ATL. Again this is just my 2 cents I think it could also be what your last name begins with. If its a common name and there are more people in queue with that initial. Again thats just a theory on my part. Hang in there hopefully we will get the letter soon too.

Regards,

mnq_n400

Bobsmyth, thanks a bunch.... I know I am a worry freak:)...I started freaking out when I saw applicants of my DO, who applied after me getting their interview letter.
I think you right, I need to be patient.

DoxAtl,

You and I are in the same boat. I know its difficult to wait since it seems like a black hole since you have no idea whats happening in the background. I was told about two weeks ago that my name check has been cleared but then when i called this week was told that my file still has not been transferred to ATL. Again this is just my 2 cents I think it could also be what your last name begins with. If its a common name and there are more people in queue with that initial. Again thats just a theory on my part. Hang in there hopefully we will get the letter soon too.

Regards,

mnq_n400

Hi mnq_n400,
I went to infopass yesterday (Friday 3/20/09), and I was informed that my application is still at NBC. Also, the lady told me that my name check is cleared, and she did not know why my case was still at NBC; and all I could do was to wait.
I think the sense of powerlessness makes me sick. But we are all powerless with uscis.
Let me know any change in your case.

DoxATL,

I was told the same that my name check has been cleared but my case is still at NBC. Hopefully they will send the file to ATL soon and we will get the IL. I will keep you updated if anything changes. I am also planning on going to infopass this week and see what they say. I hope this thing gets processed soon since I have an international trip in May and will be out of commission for at least 6 weeks for a family wedding and dont want to go through the process of rescheduling.

Regards,

mnq_n400

Hi mnq_n400,
I went to infopass yesterday (Friday 3/20/09), and I was informed that my application is still at NBC. Also, the lady told me that my name check is cleared, and she did not know why my case was still at NBC; and all I could do was to wait.
I think the sense of powerlessness makes me sick. But we are all powerless with uscis.
Let me know any change in your case.

Ocatv982,

I hope you are right. I hope all of us get through this soon so that we can resume our day to day lives and learn to spend more time with our families and loved one's. I for one know that I am a worry freak and am guilty of putting my family through the ringer when am preoccupied with other things.

Regards,

mnq_n400

I hope mnq_n400 receives his Interview Letter. It's about time.

Did anybody from atlanta do receive any interview letters..It seems like atlanta do has become very slow..

i called up NBC ,they said i am in queue for interveiw..i havent received any yellow checklist letter yet..

my priority date is 01/26/2009..
I am guessing i might have to wait a month more to get the interview letter ..

and one more month after that for the actual interview..which puts me in the june time frame..

shanks

Did anybody from atlanta do receive any interview letters..It seems like atlanta do has become very slow..

<Snip>which puts me in the june time frame..

shanks

Dude (and many others posting recently), CHILL OUT!

It's not too long ago that this process would take 12+ months. I was astonished last year to complete the process in six months (applied June, oathed December).

It's easy to say, but really, just let the process happen in its own time - a week (or even a month) difference between your case and someone else's is really irrelevant.

REMEMBER (and for me, this is the coolest bit) you are becoming a citizen of another country, and that takes a little time! We take it for granted almost. I would suggest you investigate the naturalization process for your birth country and the timeline for that, and then compare it to the relative ease of the US process. It's remarkably simple.

Just my $0.02

Dude (and many others posting recently), CHILL OUT!
It's not too long ago that this process would take 12+ months. I was astonished last year to complete the process in six months (applied June, oathed December).Just my $0.02

Exactly! 5-6 mo is way better than 12.

Still waiting for Oath

I would like to hear if others have had similar experience than I or maybe offer some ideas how to proceed. Your help would be so much appreciated.

-Early July 2008 Application filed
-Late August received letter for fingerprinting
-September received another letter for fingerprinting
(letters had different case number) I pointed this out when I had my
second fingerprinting done and they wanted to take it anyway.
-Early December 2008 I had my interview, I passed. But "decission cannot be made",because of "missing file".

I am still waiting for oath date. Is this normal? I called National Service Center and was told that they do not have records, since they are in Atlanta.

-Early December 2008 I had my interview, I passed. But "decission cannot be made", because of "missing file".

All I can say is I hope they'll find it soon. I was in the same situation a couple of years ago. My file was missing and everything stopped. They could not even issue work permit so I was forced to work without documentation for 3 years!

I would like to hear if others have had similar experience than I or maybe offer some ideas how to proceed. Your help would be so much appreciated.

-Early July 2008 Application filed
-Late August received letter for fingerprinting
-September received another letter for fingerprinting
(letters had different case number) I pointed this out when I had my
second fingerprinting done and they wanted to take it anyway.
-Early December 2008 I had my interview, I passed. But "decission cannot be made",because of "missing file".

I am still waiting for oath date. Is this normal? I called National Service Center and was told that they do not have records, since they are in Atlanta.

Since your file is still in Atlanta, why don't you do an infopass apointment?
And, also on the uscis, Atlanta is processing the N400 cases within 5 months, so you clearly outside that processing timeline; Therefore, that should be enough as a ground to go after them!!
Good luck

i called up NBC ,they said i am in queue for interveiw..i havent received any yellow checklist letter yet..

I am guessing i might have to wait a month more to get the interview letter ..

and one more month after that for the actual interview..which puts me in the june time frame..

shanks
I agree, I 'm not seeing any ILs lately in Atlanta DO. Or folks are not posting their updates ?

This is a little presumptuous but I would like to thank every one of you for posting your timetables and experiences, as I am getting close to saying goodbye to this forum. I will ultimately post my interview experience next month. Lots of love.

Octav982,

Congratulations on getting your interview letter. Did your online status change. Guess I am still stuck in the name check rut.

Thanks,

mnq_n400

This is a little presumptuous but I would like to thank every one of you for posting your timetables and experiences, as I am getting close to saying goodbye to this forum. I will ultimately post my interview experience next month. Lots of love.

Guys, I will have my interview on 4/28, 9:05 in the morning. I am thinking of same day oath if possible. I am wondering:
1. Can he stay in the waiting room while I am being interviewed?
2. Can he witness the oath ceremony and take some pictures/video?
3. What time do the oath ceremonies usually take place? If it's like 2 or 3 in the afternoon, maybe I can go back after interview and bring him back for it. 9 AM to 2/3 PM is a long wait.

Thanks so much for your reply.

mnq_n400, fyi, my online status was never changed since it was put there.

octav982 & caryz

My interview is also on 04/28 - But I don't see any other dates in APRIL for ATL folks - atleast whoever posted here.

Btw, mine will be @10.45 and my wife's will be @ 1PM.

mnq_n400,

I wish you all the best on your name check issue.

Good Luck to you all.

octav982 & caryz

My interview is also on 04/28 - But I don't see any other dates in APRIL for ATL folks - atleast whoever posted here.

Btw, mine will be @10.45 and my wife's will be @ 1PM.

mnq_n400,

I wish you all the best on your name check issue.

Good Luck to you all.

Why-R2, maybe they are not too busy?? Hopefully the interview will be short and smooth. :D

Definitely, the worst thing for everybody that has had to deal with USCIS and the FBI NNCP is that they could learn a lot from FEDEX and UPS or even DHL for that matter.

Once you pick the package up, in this case the file, one should know where it is and where it's going. Very simple. Not complicated. If only they could get the idea. Our beloved nuclear scientists from USCIS. - :eek: