Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

No, the interview is to determine if you are recommended for approval to become citizen or not. Only at the oath do you become a citizen.

Thanks, Bob. So, after interview goes well, you can request a Oath on the same day and get it approved? My interview is scheduled at 9:05 so I have some time before 12 (I saw earlier post saying that it's the cut-off time for same day oath).

Cheers
Cary.

Hello all,

I am now done with my citizenship process.

My interview was uneventful but IO did ask for my birth certificate even though it was not listed on my interview letter (Good thing I was prepared, thanks to this forum). Interview lasted about 15-20 min and was delayed about 40 min after scheduled appt time.

Now looking back I definitely think several things that we worry about are absolutely non issue. But rear vision is 20-20, right?

My sincere thanks to each and everyone who has been helpful on this forum. Please post if anyone needs any more specifics.

Eligibility Issue if out of country

ANYONE? Please help... thanks..
Hello Gurus,

Myself and my wife's GC approval date was 11/1/04, therefore we would be ready to apply this year just 90 days before, which would be sometime around 08/05/09.
We both have been out of the country travelling to india in past 4.5 years, and here are the dates, please let me if this would be a problem for applying and i we will meet the minimum stay requirement?
Myself:
2005 (1 month)
2006 ( 2weeks)
2007 (1 month)
2009 planned (1month)
Total: 3months and 2 weeks in past 4.5 years
Wife:
2004 (2.5 months)
2006 (2.5 months)
2007 (2.5 months)
2009 planned ( 2.5 months)
Total : 10 months out (not in one single year) in past 4.5 years.

Any help highly appreciated.

Thanks, Bob. So, after interview goes well, you can request a Oath on the same day and get it approved? My interview is scheduled at 9:05 so I have some time before 12 (I saw earlier post saying that it's the cut-off time for same day oath).

Cheers
Cary.

Some DOs have same oaths, so in some cases yes, you can be approved for citizenship and take the oath the same day.

Hello all,

I am now done with my citizenship process.

My interview was uneventful but IO did ask for my birth certificate even though it was not listed on my interview letter (Good thing I was prepared, thanks to this forum). Interview lasted about 15-20 min and was delayed about 40 min after scheduled appt time.

Now looking back I definitely think several things that we worry about are absolutely non issue. But rear vision is 20-20, right?

My sincere thanks to each and everyone who has been helpful on this forum. Please post if anyone needs any more specifics.
Congrats nrimumbaikar for you interview and Oath.

nrimumbaikar /BobySmith/ & All

My interview is on 04/28 @10.45 AM and my wife's will be @1 PM (same day), can we both get OATH on same day ? I heard that if we have interview afternoon the oath will be done in later date ? Can we request the OATH the same day or interview before noon ?

I really appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Congrats nrimumbaikar for you interview and Oath.

nrimumbaikar /BobySmith/ & All

My interview is on 04/28 @10.45 AM and my wife's will be @1 PM (same day), can we both get OATH on same day ? I heard that if we have interview afternoon the oath will be done in later date ? Can we request the OATH the same day or interview before noon ?

Thanks,

Thanks Why-R2. From what I have heard from IO at Atlanta office interviewee after 1 pm (actual time of interview and not appt time) get to take oath the next day at the earliest or within a week if he / she chooses to do so.

Thanks,

Me and my wife had interview 20 minutes apart, but our oaths were scheduled on different dates. I went for an Infopass afterwards and requested they schedule us on same day to which they obliged.

Cheers
Cary.
caryz,

We also have interview on the same date 04/28, mine is @10.45 AM and my wife's at 1PM in Atlanta.

I think we both can meet in OATH ceremony - hopefully if they allow us the same day.

Take care,

caryz,

We also have interview on the same date 04/28, mine is @10.45 AM and my wife's at 1PM in Atlanta.

I think we both can meet in OATH ceremony - hopefully if they allow us the same day.

Take care,

Hi, Why-R2, I did not notice that. I am thinking if I should do a name change too; and if I do, I heard that I might not be able to do an oath on the same day.

What do they ask you to bring? I am asked to bring passport and supporting docs for entries, green card, driver's license, kid's birth certificates. I requested tax scripts. But I really don't understand why they will ask for those not on the list if they don't put it on the letters.

Good luck!!

Why-R2,

What is the date on the CFR notice mailed to you. Mine was dated the 2nd of Mar but I received it on the 9th. I have still not received the IL as yet so am just worried if it got lost in the mail or something. I have tried calling the 2nd level IO but havent had a lot of luck in getting any info out of them. Goodluck on your interview.

Regards,

mnq_n400

Thanks for the info nriMumbaikar & Bobysmith.

Why-R2,

What is the date on the CFR notice mailed to you. Mine was dated the 2nd of Mar but I received it on the 9th. I have still not received the IL as yet so am just worried if it got lost in the mail or something. I have tried calling the 2nd level IO but havent had a lot of luck in getting any info out of them. Goodluck on your interview.

Regards,

mnq_n400
mnq_n400

My letter dated on 03/05 and my wife's letter was dated on 02/27, she received on 03/06 and mine on 03/09.

My gut feelings are you guy will be receiving the IL some time this week as CFR letter will be closer to IL. Also check your on-line status, ours was changed to Validation Error.

Good Luck

Hi, Why-R2, I did not notice that. I am thinking if I should do a name change too; and if I do, I heard that I might not be able to do an oath on the same day.

What do they ask you to bring? I am asked to bring passport and supporting docs for entries, green card, driver's license, kid's birth certificates. I requested tax scripts. But I really don't understand why they will ask for those not on the list if they don't put it on the letters.

Good luck!!
Hello caryz ,

The same stuff and Traffic Tickets information which I declared in my N400 application. But I will take my birth certificate as well. My wife's interview is @1PM and I guess we might come for her OATH again different day.

Take care,

Why-R2,

Thanks. Mine was dated 3/02 but reached me on the 9th. My status is still the same. Hopefully will get something this week.

Regards,

mnq_n400.
mnq_n400

My letter dated on 03/05 and my wife's letter was dated on 02/27, she received on 03/06 and mine on 03/09.

My gut feelings are you guy will be receiving the IL some time this week as CFR letter will be closer to IL. Also check your on-line status, ours was changed to Validation Error.

Good Luck

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Will this be an issue?
Myself and my wife's GC approval date was 11/1/04, therefore we would be ready to apply this year just 90 days before, which would be sometime around 08/05/09.
We both have been out of the country travelling to india in past 4.5 years, and here are the dates, please let me if this would be a problem for applying and i we will meet the minimum stay requirement?
Myself:
2005 (1 month)
2006 ( 2weeks)
2007 (1 month)
2009 planned (1month)
Total: 3months and 2 weeks in past 4.5 years
Wife:
2004 (2.5 months)
2006 (2.5 months)
2007 (2.5 months)
2009 planned ( 2.5 months)
Total : 10 months out (not in one single year) in past 4.5 years.

Any help highly appreciated..

Last edited by a moderator:
Will this be an issue?

tufan, it shouldn't be an issue. I had close to 320 days (not continuous, broken down to several trips, none lasting more than 6 months), and my IO didn't care. Just make sure you get as many documents as you can to prove your residence ties (taxes, bills, rent/mortgage, pay stubs, etc). Good luck to you.

Why-R2,

Thanks. Mine was dated 3/02 but reached me on the 9th. My status is still the same. Hopefully will get something this week.

Regards,

mnq_n400.

Hello All

Good luck to all who have inteview this week.

mnq, I guess there are only few of us December filers in Atlanta who are still waiting for interview date!

All,

It has been 2 weeks since I spoke to a uscis level 2 IO, and he told me I was put in queue for interview.
I have heard nothing since, when I called few days ago, the old me the same thing.
I am wondering if there is any suggestion as to what I can do.
Any suggestion is appreciated.

DoxATL,

I was finally able to get to a good 2nd level IO today. Did get to hear good news but atleast have some news.:eek: He told me my case is still at NBC and has not been transferred to the local DO. So i am assuming am still stuck in the name check as of yet. Will keep you updated once I hear something. I was kind of suprised to hear that cause I received the yellow letter asking me to bring more paperwork to the interview. I assume it was just generated because the date is approaching for which (5 mth) Atl DO handles all cases. :(

Regards,

mnq_n400

Hello All

Good luck to all who have inteview this week.

mnq, I guess there are only few of us December filers in Atlanta who are still waiting for interview date!

All,

It has been 2 weeks since I spoke to a uscis level 2 IO, and he told me I was put in queue for interview.
I have heard nothing since, when I called few days ago, the old me the same thing.

Will this be an issue?

It won't be an issue at all.

In my case I had 7 trips in the last 5 years prior to my application, which totalled 310 days when I applied 90 days prior, and to 324 days right before the interview. My longest trip was 145 days and the shortest was 8 days. I went home 3x last year alone just because my wife and kid are back in my country. No questions at all from the IO, which surprised me.

Good luck to you both.

Be patient and realize that the entire process is taking between 4-8 months. There seems to be more posters these days who are worrying although they only applied 2-4 months ago. Stop worrying , you'll get your interview soon.

Last edited by a moderator: