Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Hello Friends,
I received my FP notice with the date of Feb 17th. It looks like things are moving real quick these days.
I have a problem though. I plan to travel sometime in the end of May for three weeks.
If I do get my interview date before that, can I still leave the country with my passport and then return and take the oath.
I would really appreciate if someone can help. Thanks

Yes you can - I did it. Just tell them your plans in the interview and they'll schedule a later oath. The most important thing: once you've oathed, you must NOT use your old passport to leave or enter the States. If you do, you have renounced US citizenship and will have to start again.

N400 Time line atlanta GA

I applied N-400 while my I-751 still pending please share some one who have same experience. thanks

01/06/9: Receipt received from National Benefits Center
01/12/9: Fingerprint notice recd
01/23/9: Fingerprints done
1/27/9: Received duplicate receipt from NBC
il received:??????????????????????????????????????????

Octav982,

No I havent. I guess they are still waiting for my namecheck to clear. Please keep me updated once u receive anything also. Wishing you luck.

Regards,

mnq_n400

mnq_n400 did you receive your Interview Letter? I'm getting anxious. LOL. You're my precedent.

Octav982,

No I havent. I guess they are still waiting for my namecheck to clear. Please keep me updated once u receive anything also. Wishing you luck.

Regards,

mnq_n400

hi mnq and all othere who is waiting for interview good luck. and plz keep up date ur details. and plz pray for me as my I751- and n-400 both pending, if possible plz give me advice as well I will be thankful to you all.

Good Luck all........................

12/26/8: Atlanta DO, mailed N400 to TSC
12/29/8: Application received / Priority date
01/04/09: Check cashed
il received:????????????????????????????????????????? ?

AMUGHAL1,

Have faith man. Everything will be allright. The name check seems to be taking somewhere around 4-5 weeks so hopefully any day now we should be getting something. Will keep you all updated.

Regards,

mnq_n400

hi mnq and all othere who is waiting for interview good luck. and plz keep up date ur details. and plz pray for me as my I751- and n-400 both pending, if possible plz give me advice as well I will be thankful to you all.

Good Luck all........................

12/26/8: Atlanta DO, mailed N400 to TSC
12/29/8: Application received / Priority date
01/04/09: Check cashed
il received:????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Newbie to this site...

Here are my details - haven't recd any notification from them yet...

N400 sent on 02/02/2009
Check cashed on 02/09/2009
Received date xxxxx
Priority date xxxxxx

Do you get notified via mail about Priority date? Is there a way to check the PD online?

Please advise.

Newbie to this site...

Here are my details - haven't recd any notification from them yet...

N400 sent on 02/02/2009
Check cashed on 02/09/2009
Received date xxxxx
Priority date xxxxxx

Do you get notified via mail about Priority date? Is there a way to check the PD online?

Please advise.

When you receive your notice of action, it should have the priority date, case #, etc

AMUGHAL1,

Have faith man. Everything will be allright. The name check seems to be taking somewhere around 4-5 weeks so hopefully any day now we should be getting something. Will keep you all updated.

Regards,

mnq_n400

More like 4/5 months instead of weeks. At least that's normal up here in NY.- :)

Ithink as long as you get done with your interview by 1:00PM, you will allow you to take oath at the 2:00PM ceremony. I finished mine at 12:45 PM and they let me take oath at 2:00PM. Make sure you have all files on hand. You never know what the officer will ask.
They asked that I bring the SS registration,but the officer did not ask for it. Make sure you bring your drivers license, birth certificate, and all previous passports you used in the past.

There are 2 oath ceremonies; 1:00PM and 2:00PM, and depending on the number of people, they may combine both into one. (Mine was like that and it was last week).

Good Luck

I received IL yesterday for 3/12/9 afternoon. I guess that rules out oath the same day, if I get approved.

My case status did disappear from USCIS website late last week.

I did receive a standard letter that asks for 'any evidence for SS registration'. Although I have requested such letter from SS in the 2nd week of January I am yet to receive one.

How long does it usually take for them to send status letter?

How soon does Atlanta DO offer oath for afternoon interviews?

Ithink as long as you get done with your interview by 1:00PM, you will allow you to take oath at the 2:00PM ceremony. I finished mine at 12:45 PM and they let me take oath at 2:00PM. Make sure you have all files on hand. You never know what the officer will ask.
They asked that I bring the SS registration,but the officer did not ask for it. Make sure you bring your drivers license, birth certificate, and all previous passports you used in the past.

There are 2 oath ceremonies; 1:00PM and 2:00PM, and depending on the number of people, they may combine both into one. (Mine was like that and it was last week).

Good Luck

Thanks Azur_N400, my interview is after 1pm so mostly I will have to wait for oath, if approved.

Any idea how long people have to wait for oath in Atlanta if not done the same day?

You will probably get the notice in the mail within 2 weeks after the interview, and the actual oath will be 1-2 weeks from the notice received date.

Thanks Azur_N400, my interview is after 1pm so mostly I will have to wait for oath, if approved.

Any idea how long people have to wait for oath in Atlanta if not done the same day?

You will probably get the notice in the mail within 2 weeks after the interview, and the actual oath will be 1-2 weeks from the notice received date.

If everything checks-out well, you will get your interview letter within an hour. They IO will ask you for a preferred date that is available (usually in the same week). You will have to wait in the second floor and they will call your name and give you the oath letter.
This is what heppened to myself and my spouse and several people that I know of. Last week a friend of mine, (who lives out of State) did his interview at 1:45 PM and got the oath on the same day !!!. The IO was pretty much rushing through the entire process and was very sympethetic to the fact that my friend had to travel a long way.

Good luck.

Thanks so much Azur_N400 and ATLANTA_N400 for your feedback.

ATLANTA_N400, could you please elaborate on your interview experience? If you have already posted it elsewhere please let me know. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ATLANTA_N400

Did she ask you to provide any documentation like tax transcripts ?
Shanks

Nothing ! Nada! Zip!.

Except the ones mentioned in the IL. (Green Card and Passport).

IMHO, it is better to get all the documents ready if you can and if you have them. But we are all sweating over it too much, may be because of our experience with the GC process. I Had my GC done through EB2/ Consular Processing. Compared to that N400 is a piece of cake!. Now if you don't have a clean case or have a criminal record, then you may be prepared with other documents. Then again, I would go ahead with what I've got and at the interview they will tell you what else you would need. You can save your energy to collect only the ones that will be asked for - this is purely MHO ;)

Thanks ATLANTA 400,

I called USCIS today just to find out if my namecheck was done.They wont pass that information to me.She was just reading from some screen, i thought and she kept on reading the general info.She was polite though but not very useful.

shanks

also, i am planning to take my parents to the oath ceremony..did any one of u do this..are they allowed..My DO is ATLANTA..

shanks

Yes you can - I did it. Just tell them your plans in the interview and they'll schedule a later oath. The most important thing: once you've oathed, you must NOT use your old passport to leave or enter the States. If you do, you have renounced US citizenship and will have to start again.

This is not accurate. You don't renounce citizenship by entering or leaving with your old passport. Please disregard this information.

If I am a USC and going to my home country and the airline agent asks for a visa to travel to that country, I have to show them that I am a citizen of that country. So, for legal purposes, am I leaving with the US or the foreign passport ? I would say I am leaving with the US passport but in reality aren't I leaving with both passports. So is it really the passport you show to the airline counter the one that counts? Or aren't I showing both?

To renounce citizenship, there are very specific procedures you must do, but traveling with your other nationality's passport is NOT one of them.- :D

But you would have to give some real good explanation of why you are coming in with that passport to the US CBP officer.... :D