Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Little mistakes can delay things

Dear ALL:)

I went to the interview today and passed. My appointment time was 8.25 AM today and I went to USCIS at 7.45 AM. The IO called me for interview at 8.39AM and the interview was over by 9.10 AM.

Looked at my green card, driver's license (for ID proof) and passport.
Usual questions , asked where did I go ( I was out of the country for 60 days ) after I filled Form N 400.
How many children I had , when was I married , paid TAXES , basically you have to answer every question in the application VERBALLY under OATH.

After answering all questions, she took my signatures (in cursive letters) and gave me N-652 (Naturalization Interview Results) form and she checked "You passed the tests of English and U.S history and government". She also checked "A) Congratulations! your application has been recommended for approval".
NOW here where the PLOT thickens:

Some how my middle name turned out to be my Fathers middle name ( as I changed my name after marriage 11 years ago I have carried my husband's middle name all the time and she insisted this was my legal name.
To cut the story short she said it will take another 2 weeks to fix this and I will be recieving an OATH DATE next month.

She also told me that if I didn't want to change my legal name ?????? I could take the OATH today.
I didn't argue with her. I am 100% sure this was a TYPO on my part as I had filled the forms on line ( AUTO FILL PDF FORMAT)

MORAL OF THE STORY BE CAREFUL WITH FILLING FORMS.
ANY WAY LOOKS LIKE the journey is over. THANKS THE ALMIGHTY
TAKE CARE

Forgot to post time line

Atlanta interview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 27 08 : N400 mailed to TSC
June 03 08: N400 TSC Priority Date
June 11 08: FP Notice received Date
June 26,08: FP changed myself as out of country
AUGUST 9,08 FP done
CASE Disappeared on line Sep 11,08
Sep 9 08 : Interview notice Date
Sep 15,08 Letter recieved
Oct 27 08 : PASSED( ADL)
OATH NEXT MONTH ( IA)

My interview is on Nov15th @ 12.25 pm. what r the chances for same day oath? can I apply for passport before OATH? thanx..

Chances of same day oath are 50/50. It will be a close call let me tell you that. I would suggest get there ahead of time, may be at 12 noon. This way if you get done lets say by 12:45pm, you can request the IO that you like to get your taken care of that very same day.

Now to answer your other question, can you apply for passport before oath? I have a feeling that you're joking.

To apply for a US passport, you first have to be a US citizen. Until you take the oath & get your naturalizatoon certificate, you are not a US citizen therefore the answer is "NO". You cannot apply for a US passport without have a proof of your citizenship which will be natz certificate in your case.

I think by the time you leave the USCIS building after becoming a USC, it will be close to 3pm. You will be able to apply for the passport thru the US post office first thing on Mon morning.

N-400 Received by TSC on 10/23/2008, so far check is not cashed. Is it normal?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N400 mailed to TSC : Oct 21 08
Check Cashed Date : ??
N400 TSC Priority Date: ??
FP Notice received Date: ??
FP Date: ??
Interview Notice Date: ??
Interview Letter recieved Date: ??
Interview Date: ??
Oath Date: ??

The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse time.
-Merrick Furst

Thanks Brother.

They cashed check yesterday. It seems like there is no receipt number on the back of the check like it used be:-(
Did they stop printing number on the back of cashed check?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty, we passed our interivew and got scheduled for the same day oath. The process took 4 months from start to finish. The officer was extremely nice. Didn't ask for anything but a greencard and a driver's license. One downside to the process - its friggin cold in the waiting room, bring your jackets.

Alrighty, we passed our interivew and got scheduled for the same day oath. The process took 4 months from start to finish. The officer was extremely nice. Didn't ask for anything but a greencard and a driver's license. One downside to the process - its friggin cold in the waiting room, bring your jackets.

Congrats koshkin. Very fast very straightforward, lucky you!

Don't worry Atl_citizen, I have not received my receipt notice either.
Here is my timestamp.

N400 mailed to TSC : 10/18/2008
N400 Received by TSC: 10/21/2008
Check Cashed Date : 10/22/2008
N400 TSC Priority Date: --
FP Notice received Date: --
FP Date: --
Interview Notice Date: --
Interview Letter recieved Date: --
Interview Date: --
Oath Date: --

Chances of same day oath are 50/50. It will be a close call let me tell you that. I would suggest get there ahead of time, may be at 12 noon. This way if you get done lets say by 12:45pm, you can request the IO that you like to get your taken care of that very same day.

Now to answer your other question, can you apply for passport before oath? I have a feeling that you're joking.

To apply for a US passport, you first have to be a US citizen. Until you take the oath & get your naturalizatoon certificate, you are not a US citizen therefore the answer is "NO". You cannot apply for a US passport without have a proof of your citizenship which will be natz certificate in your case.

I think by the time you leave the USCIS building after becoming a USC, it will be close to 3pm. You will be able to apply for the passport thru the US post office first thing on Mon morning.

--------------------

Thanx Atlanta_brother. BTW, anybody else got Interview schedule on Nov15th, Saturday like me in ATL? how it goes here on SAT? I mean no.of interviews or very less or...? If anybody did interview on SAT in ATL, please post here. thanx..

Quick update

Hey folks, just a quick update. I did my interview this week (Thursday, 1:25pm). Interview was about an hour late, very straight forward, walked through the application double checking my answers. Took the old test (I was given the option, for those who applied before 10/1 take heed, you have the choice). Passed the interview.

Because I'm travelling overseas next week, I declined the oath ceremony for this weekend, and should get another notice in the next couple of weeks to finish things up.

That's all for now.

Friends,

So, for how many days we can make trip abroad while OATH in pending status? Actually I also need to go for one month india trip.
my Interview scheduled for NOv15. thanx..

Friends,

So, for how many days we can go abroad while OATH is in pending status?
thanx..

Depending on your previous travel history, traveling for up to 6 months should be ok between interview and oath , but be prepared to show evidence of travel dates at the oath.

Got the receipt

It says "Receipt and Transfer Notice".

And somewhere in the middle of the page it says that case has been transferred to the USCIS National Benefit Center in order to assist with processing.

What does it mean? Thanks.

It says "Receipt and Transfer Notice".

And somewhere in the middle of the page it says that case has been transferred to the USCIS National Benefit Center in order to assist with processing.

What does it mean? Thanks.

It means files are transferred from your service center to the NBC where they remain until an interview is available at your district office. It's the standard way applications are now processed.

by the way, when you go for your FP appointment in ATL, leave everything but the notice and GC in your car. They turn you around if you have anything on you... Leave your cell in the car as well.

by the way, when you go for your FP appointment in ATL, leave everything but the notice and GC in your car. They turn you around if you have anything on you... Leave your cell in the car as well.

Thanks Bobsmyth and LucyMO.

My wife will be qualified to file N400 by month end, do they have new version of N400? Where do I have to file (TSC or central office)?

TIA.

Thanks Bobsmyth and LucyMO.

My wife will be qualified to file N400 by month end, do they have new version of N400? Where do I have to file (TSC or central office)?

TIA.

They don't have a newer version yet. The current version will be accepted until further notice. You would file her application to TSC.

I really want to thank BobSmyth and the rest of the people on this board. You have really helped out with so many questions that i am sure we all have as we go through this process.

mpohl - what time is your interview - i am at 8.45AM.

Also, what is the fastest way of getting a passport? I want to go and share Christmas with my family and celebrate!