Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Here is my info:

D/O : Atlanta
07/11/08 : N-400 Mailed to Texas.
07/13/08 : N-400 Received.
07/16/08 : Check Cashed.
07/14/08 : Priority Date.
07/17/08 : Notice Date.
07/24/08 : NOA Received ( I-797C) - Expect 450 days for notification????
07/31/08 : FP Notice Received.
08/08/08 : FP Appointment/FP Done
08/18/08 : Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check list: Bring divers license to interview or Photo ID. - Notice day 08/13/08
10/11/08 : Interview Letter.
11/25/08 : Interview Date/Oath

Last edited by a moderator:
N400 Courier Address to TSC

I know they have delayed the implenting of Direct-mail program to a lock-box facility. Could any one tell me where can I find the mailing-address to TSC for N400 petition. The Instruction shows PO BOX address, however the courier services will not deliver to PO boxes.
Thanks a bunch in advance.

I know they have delayed the implenting of Direct-mail program to a lock-box facility. Could any one tell me where can I find the mailing-address to TSC for N400 petition. The Instruction shows PO BOX address, however the courier services will not deliver to PO boxes.
Thanks a bunch in advance.

Why not just use USPS and mail it to the PO box as instructed in the guide?

Just received notice that i am to bring Birth Certificate and State Drivers License to interview. But no interview appointment letter to date......

N-400 Sent 08/01/08
Check Cashed 08/03/08 2 days
NOA Received 08/14/08 11 days
FP Letter 08/18/08 4 days
FP Appointment 08/27/08 9 days
Case File Review 10/03/08 37 days
Interview Notice ????
Interview Date

Call USCIS

Just received notice that i am to bring Birth Certificate and State Drivers License to interview. But no interview appointment letter to date......

springbook2007,

You need to get in touch with USCIS cust service or your local DO by making an infopass appointment to make sure if you have been scheduled for an interview already. I have a feeling that you may be scheduled for an interview, who knows & still have not received your IL in the mail. If you think about it for a second, you just received this letter asking you to bring your BC & state driv license to the interview. Put 2 & 2 together. Just don't sit & relax, get in touch with USCIS ASAP to find out if you have been scheduled for the interview already. There have been cases where interview letters were not received by the candidates and unfortunately they missed their interviews.

infopass

ATLbrother, thanks for the advice! When i go to the infopass website to make an appointment - it gives me 4 options:

1. Order from Immigration Court -
2. Case Processing Appointment
3. EAD inquiry appointment -
4. Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Which one should i go with? THanks again for the advice.

No Worries

Springbok...

No need to worry. I got the same letter 2 months before I got my IL letter. Here's my time line:
Here is my info:

D/O : Atlanta
07/11/08 : N-400 Mailed to Texas.
07/13/08 : N-400 Received.
07/16/08 : Check Cashed.
07/14/08 : Priority Date.
07/17/08 : Notice Date.
07/24/08 : NOA Received ( I-797C) - Expect 450 days for notification????
07/31/08 : FP Notice Received.
08/08/08 : FP Appointment/FP Done
08/18/08 : Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check list: Bring divers license to interview or Photo ID. - Notice day 08/13/08
10/11/08 : Interview Letter.
11/25/08 : Interview Date-Finally...................

You will probably get your IL in Dec 2008 or early Jan 2009. ATL D/O seems to have slowed down by about 6-8 weeks.

US Citizen Finally !!!!!

Hello Folks,
I am finally a US Citizen !!! After all the trials and tribulations of several years i have finally realised a great dream.

My interview was pretty straight forward. I arrived at 9.35 for a 10.25 AM interview . IO breezed thru my interview and i was done in about 10 minutes. Right upfront he told me to deal in just "Yes" or "No" so that he could get me out of there asap unless he asked for an explanation. I couldn't have asked for anything better than that.
I was asked the following 6 questions, i got them all right and he stopped right there:

1) How many stars on the flag?
2) Who wrote the declaration of Independence?
3) Who was Martin Luther King?
4) Where does congress meet?
5) What are the colors of the flag?
6) Who becomes president if president and vp die?

Was then told to read and write a sentence. He asked me to sign my photos and the form and told me he was recommending me for approval. He told me that they would run another background check and try to get me into the same day oath at 2 PM and asked me to wait outside in the waiting room.

Waited for about an hour and then a lady came out and handed out oath letters for the sameday oath at 2 PM. I was overjoyed at this point. Went home for a quick lunch and came back to the venue for the oath.

Oath was pretty neat , 92 people from 33 different countries took the oath with me. Past memories flashed by me and tears welled up in my eyes when they played the presentation. It was unimaginable what a long journey i took to get to this place. I know it'll take a little while for the feeling to sink in.

That's all there was folks. As you can see it was pretty straight forward and that's all i had actually prayed for. If you have an issueless case i think you should be done with the process in no time.

Wow, this is great and i always wondered what it would be like when its all over. Signing off for now , i'll be here to offer my help in anyway i can from time to time.

Good luck and God Bless America !!!!

Can anyone please point me to a good immigration lawyer in Atlanta area! I need one as my case is kinda complicated.

Thanks

Friends,

I received IL today for Nov15th @ 12.25 pm. That is Saturday.
Can I expect same day oath? anybody else scheduled in ATL for same day?
In required doc's section, 'any evidence of Selective Service Reg' is there.
I don't need to worry about it as I know,because I am here from past 8 years only. any comments?

N400 sent out - 09/07/07
FP done - 02/22/08
Moved to Atl from Charlotte....06/21/08
IL received - 10/18/08
Interview date - 11/15/08

In required doc's section, 'any evidence of Selective Service Reg' is there.
I don't need to worry about it as I know,because I am here from past 8 years only. any comments?

we don't know how old you are, how old you were when you got to the States, and in what status, etc. So, we can't say...

I got my notice of receipt.

N-400 mailed on Sep 26
Check cashed Oct 1
PD - Sep 29
Waiting for everything else...

Received interview notice today with an appointment date of Dec 9, 2008.

Moving right along...

Just to add another, very recent data point:

Aug 01 08: N400 mailed to TSC
Aug 05 08: N400 TSC Priority Date
Aug 13 08: FP Notice Date
Aug 27 08: FP done
Aug 27 08: Ltr from NBC requesting birth certificate at interview

Waiting...

Try jpadberg.com; I used her for my employment-based GC way back. Immigration law is all she does; worked for me.

Best wishes.

Can anyone please point me to a good immigration lawyer in Atlanta area! I need one as my case is kinda complicated.

Thanks

Hi All, just got my interview date letter. They have requested my long birth certifcate, and selective service registration...

I was never made aware that i had to register or not for Selective Service - but having read online what the requirements are for selective service, i don't think so....

My details are:
Arrived 12/31/98 (age 24) on L-1A (Inter-company transfer)

THanks

My dates so far….
N-400 Sent 08/01/08
Interview Notice 10/20/08 17 days
Interview Date 12/09/08 50 days

Hi All, just got my interview date letter. They have requested my long birth certifcate, and selective service registration...

I was never made aware that i had to register or not for Selective Service - but having read online what the requirements are for selective service, i don't think so....

My details are:

THanks

When did you obtain your GC? Was it before your 26 birthday? If no, you were not required to register for selective service on a L-1a. Also, since you're 34 old now you have less to worry about if you were required to register and didn't.

Friends,

I received my IL for NOV15 in Atlanta @ 12.25 pm
That is Saturday. Can I expect same day oath? If not, generally in how many days in Atlanta?
What I need to do for EXP service to get passport in one day in Atlanta?

Thanx..

Seems we are in almost complete sync as far as processing dates are concerned. See you Dec 9...

Aug 01 08: N400 mailed to TSC
Aug 05 08: N400 TSC Priority Date
Aug 13 08: FP Notice Date
Aug 27 08: FP done
Aug 27 08: Ltr from NBC requesting birth certificate at interview
Oct 20 08: Interview Notice
Dec 9 08: Interview Date

My details are:

THanks

My dates so far….
N-400 Sent 08/01/08
Interview Notice 10/20/08 17 days
Interview Date 12/09/08 50 days

Yes Hi Friend, usually it's the same day oath in Atlanta. If you get done with your interview by 12pm, consider it a done deal. Incase your interview is scheduled for anytime after 12 noon, no need to worry, you will be scheduled for an oath ceremony within a weeks time.
Good luck.

My interview is on Nov15th @ 12.25 pm. what r the chances for same day oath? can I apply for passport before OATH? thanx..