Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

7:45 AM ! At least you can sleep in...

I really want to thank BobSmyth and the rest of the people on this board. You have really helped out with so many questions that i am sure we all have as we go through this process.

mpohl - what time is your interview - i am at 8.45AM.

Also, what is the fastest way of getting a passport? I want to go and share Christmas with my family and celebrate!

Also, what is the fastest way of getting a passport? I want to go and share Christmas with my family and celebrate!

The fastest possible is same day on the day after you oath. You need (a) a valid airline ticket showing you're going overseas in 14 days or less, and (b) to take a trip to the passport office in New Orleans - you must be there in person and have a scheduled appointment at the office (on Canal St, I think).

They don't have a newer version yet. The current version will be accepted until further notice. You would file her application to TSC.

Thanks Bobsmyth and everybody else.

One more question, does online status reflects when FP notice is sent? I am trying to see if I miss the mail, can I still have 2nd way to know about it.

TIA.

Thanks Bobsmyth and everybody else.

One more question, does online status reflects when FP notice is sent? I am trying to see if I miss the mail, can I still have 2nd way to know about it.

TIA.

The online status is not reliable to up to date. You can always speak to an IO to see if FP has been scheduled yet.

Walk-in birmingham al.

I received my FP appointment for a date and a time in Nov, which are not very convenient to me. I don't want to reschedule it to add extra delay. The Support Center is at Birmingham, AL. Did Anyone have good luck with a Walk-in to Birmingham ASC ?.
Thanks

Getting US passport after Oath

The fastest possible is same day on the day after you oath. You need (a) a valid airline ticket showing you're going overseas in 14 days or less, and (b) to take a trip to the passport office in New Orleans - you must be there in person and have a scheduled appointment at the office (on Canal St, I think).

FNM124 - thanks for that - it definately helps. Do i have to go day after the oath, or can i wait a week, then go with airline ticket that is 14 days out? IF i do not want to go to New Orleans, what is the next best option? How long should it take? Thanks again...

The online status is not reliable to up to date. You can always speak to an IO to see if FP has been scheduled yet.

Thanks Bobsmyth.
Do you know in Atlanta we can just show up for FP before our appointment (of course with letter in hand)?

What do we have to take with us, other than GC? Do we need to fill up lot of things in the form, that should match with N400?

TIA

Thanks Bobsmyth.
Do you know in Atlanta we can just show up for FP before our appointment (of course with letter in hand)?

What do we have to take with us, other than GC? Do we need to fill up lot of things in the form, that should match with N400?

TIA

Altanta may accept walk ins if you can't make it to your original appointment.
Once you're at the ASC, they'll give you a form to fill out some minor things like your name, address, spouses name, and A#. All you need to bring is GC and FP letter.

Hello, i read some of your posts on citizenship. I came in to the United States by Visa Lottery and am a residence of Georgia. Please after how many years can i apply for Naturalization?

Secondly, am planning on going back to my country to get married to my fiance so that i can bring her here with me, what do you think i need to do and is it possible before i get my citizenship? If its possible before getting my citizenship, how do i go about the filling?

I will be glad if i can find answers to my questions. Thanks in advance and i wish you all success in your applications.

Hello, i read some of your posts on citizenship. I came in to the United States by Visa Lottery and am a residence of Georgia. Please after how many years can i apply for Naturalization?

Secondly, am planning on going back to my country to get married to my fiance so that i can bring her here with me, what do you think i need to do and is it possible before i get my citizenship? If its possible before getting my citizenship, how do i go about the filling?

I will be glad if i can find answers to my questions. Thanks in advance and i wish you all success in your applications.

1. you have to be resident for 5 years or more to be eligible to apply for citizenship. but you can apply 90 days before your 5th anniversary as a resident.

2. you can't stay outside of US over 6 months. your physical presence has to be at least 30 months in that entire 5 yrs as a resident. and you have to live 3 months in the USCIS District or State before you apply.

3. you can apply for your spouse as a permanent resident. only difference is it takes longer compared to a USC sponsor.

Do i have to go day after the oath, or can i wait a week, then go with airline ticket that is 14 days out? IF i do not want to go to New Orleans, what is the next best option? How long should it take? Thanks again...

No, you don't have to go the day after you oath - that's just the fastest possible. The "travel emergency" passport route is for travel within 14 days, so yes, you can wait until the 14 days before travel. If you're really desperate, you can always buy a refundable fare for the week after your oath, get the passport and then cancel the flight though...

If you go to the regional agency (as mentioned in the original post) you'll have your passport the same day.

All the information you need is on the passport agency website, in this case: http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/npic/npic_898.html

You have a couple of other options to New Orleans:
1) Schedule an appointment at one of the other Regional Passport agencies in Miami or DC if you don't want to go to New Orleans (I don't think that they are tied to your home town, but might be wrong)
2) According to the passport agency website (http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/processing/processing_1740.html) , expedited processing of a passport is currently running 14 days door-to-door (so if you're travelling three weeks out from oath, you should be okay if you use that service)
3) Use a 3rd party company to do all the courier stuff for you. I've seen charges upwards of $100 ($150 rings a bell) to have them do the legwork for you. However, they won't get it any faster than you getting an appointment at the regional agency.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for your response.

1. you have to be resident for 5 years or more to be eligible to apply for citizenship. but you can apply 90 days before your 5th anniversary as a resident.

2. you can't stay outside of US over 6 months. your physical presence has to be at least 30 months in that entire 5 yrs as a resident. and you have to live 3 months in the USCIS District or State before you apply.

3. you can apply for your spouse as a permanent resident. only difference is it takes longer compared to a USC sponsor.

Hey guys,

Wanted to share my good news with you all. Today I finally received my IL after 2 weeks of my second FP. So there is hope for all of us that were stuck in name check for long time. Here is my timeline:

PD: 12/4/2006
FP1: 12/28/2006
1/1/07--through just recently-- Millions of calls, letters to senators etc etc
FP 2--10/22/2008
IL--today 11/10/2008
Interview--12/15/2008 at 8am.

DO is atlanta.

Take care all. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Hi all,

Here is my timeline:

09/09/2008 : N-400 sent to TSC
09/12/2008 : N-400 received by TSC
09/12/2008 : Priority Date
09/12/2008 : Check cashed
09/19/2008 : NOA received
09/21/2008 : FP/Biometrics letter. Scheduled for 10/14/2008
10/09/2008 : FP Appointment completed (Early showing due to my spouse AOS FP appointment on 10/09/08)
11/09/2008 : Interview Letter
01/07/2009 : Interview Date (08:25am): ATLANTA OFFICE

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, I am US citizen

Friends,

Just now I get back from Interview & Oath @ atlanta office.
Everything went very very smooth. Interview lost for just 6 minutes.
He directly asked civics questions, take my Green card & even he did not
ask for my state ID,followed by paperwork towards completion of the process,that'sit. Interview @ 12.30 followed by 2 pm OATH.
I am applying for passport on monday.

This is very useful forum for immigration needs, more than million dollar worth.
My heartful thanks for everone.
BTW, we can apply for passport in any postoffice right? or only some post offices? thanx again..

Congrats Hi_Friend.

Did you have any traffic tickets? Did you mention them on N-400? It seems there was no question asked about them.

I did not know that INS office is open Saturdays.

Friends,

Just now I get back from Interview & Oath @ atlanta office.
Everything went very very smooth. Interview lost for just 6 minutes.
He directly asked civics questions, take my Green card & even he did not
ask for my state ID,followed by paperwork towards completion of the process,that'sit. Interview @ 12.30 followed by 2 pm OATH.
I am applying for passport on monday.

This is very useful forum for immigration needs, more than million dollar worth.
My heartful thanks for everone.
BTW, we can apply for passport in any postoffice right? or only some post offices? thanx again..

Congrats Hi_Friend.

Did you have any traffic tickets? Did you mention them on N-400? It seems there was no question asked about them.

I did not know that INS office is open Saturdays.

---------
Thanx Atl..
I don't have any traffic tickets & so,I did not mention them in form.
And Like I said, He did not ask me any thing except that civic questions,the whole inteview just for 6 minutes, even he did not ask for my state ID, just
take green card. That is really god's grace about I got that much good IO.
Best of luck...