Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Had my FP done on 8/21 and also received a yellow letter with the same documents required. Was wondering if you received your IL letter yet?

as of Thursday this week (the 28th) I had not. Based on other recent timelines, I had kinda hoping to receive by the end of August, ho hum. Whenever I get the letter I'll post an update, for now it's just a waiting game.

Timelines

Some of the timelines I saw for cases filed before June 2008 were from May - 2008 to August 2008 - approx 3 months.
It appears that since the applications went to NBC (sometime in June, 2008), no one has received any IL in similar time frames.Is NBC change slowing down the processing? The processing dates on the USCIS website for Atlanta have jumped from July 2007 to Dec 2007.
Has anyone, who filed after June, 2008 received an IL so far?

TSC to NBC and Interview

Some of the timelines I saw for cases filed before June 2008 were from May - 2008 to August 2008 - approx 3 months.
It appears that since the applications went to NBC (sometime in June, 2008), no one has received any IL in similar time frames.Is NBC change slowing down the processing? The processing dates on the USCIS website for Atlanta have jumped from July 2007 to Dec 2007.
Has anyone, who filed after June, 2008 received an IL so far?
I share your concern and thinking of the exact same thing. I am yet to see a IL for someone at TSC. But it seems that in July and August CSC and NSC would have gone there. There have been some IL from there. But still I am not sure. Gurus any ideas. I have attached the brief below...

"Movement of N-400 applications from the service centers to the National Benefits Center(NBC) for centralized staging and subsequent processing will occur in an incrementalfashion. The Texas Service Center (TSC) will move forms from its office to the NBCduring the month of June. This movement will not involve all N-400 applicationsreceived at the TSC, however. The TSC will only move those cases received andaccepted at their site after June 6th. Only those cases received after this date and found tobe correctly filed according to USCIS standards will be transferred to the NBC.The California Service Center will follow suit during the month of July by transferring
only those cases meeting the above stated criteria after the specific date in July yet to bedetermined and communicated. The Nebraska Service Center will be transferring itscases received in August, in like fashion. The Vermont Service Center will conclude thistransition phase with the movement of its cases to the NBC within the month ofSeptember. Only those cases receipted after the specific date set in September will bemoved from the VSC to the NBC.All cases received and accepted at the four service centers prior to the transfer datesmentioned above will be processed at the center they were received at and will not, forthe time being, be transferred to the NBC. All cases that remain at the four centers aswell as those transferred to the NBC will eventually be sent to the appropriate FieldOffice for final adjudicative action."

Last edited by a moderator:
Would NBC start sending cases out to field offices as soon as the sevice centers send those? Or wait till end of September to have all centers send the cases and then start?

From what I understand and my readings they put should be putting it in the IL queue of TSC once the FBI b/g is completed. After that what / how TSC sends it to DO to send the IL I have no idea how DO sends the IL. Search for Bobsmyth post regarding his efforts to do an infopass to figure out ID.

If anyone has some information on this I would appreciate if they could share it.

4 month timeline?

http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1220993097713.shtm.
It is back to 10-12 months and potentially longer.

Hey folks:
I know there was some concern about the timeline for those of us applying for citizenship around June or the NBC getting involved, and that things might have been gummed up. I received my interview appointment today for 10/30 at 1:25pm, which I guess means that I won't be able to oath same day :(

Anyway things seem to be ticking along just nicely, as they were earlier in the year. Here's hoping I get to oath in time to take part in the election (any politicians reading: this is your chance to win a vote!)

Atlanta interview

May 27 08 : N400 mailed to TSC
June 03 08: N400 TSC Priority Date
June 11 08: FP Notice received Date
June 26,08: FP changed myself as out of country
AUGUST 9,08 FP done
CASE Disappeared on line Sep 11,08
Sep 9 08 : Interview notice Date
Sep 15,08 Letter recieved
Oct 27 08 : Interview appointment( IA)

Congratulations and good news

This is excellent news fnm124, atlanta2008 and pak_sister.Congratulations to all of you and good luck:).

Just to add another, very recent data point:

Aug 01 08: N400 mailed to TSC
Aug 05 08: N400 TSC Priority Date
Aug 13 08: FP Notice Date
Aug 27 08: FP done
Aug 27 08: Ltr from NBC requesting birth certificate at interview

Waiting...

Just for record: my wife become a naturalized citizen (Certificate of Naturalization) on Jan 11, 2008.

The notice date for her N400 at TSC was Nov 20, 2007. That translates to about eight weeks from start to finish, not even discounting for the holidays and New Year. That's pretty speedy, Atlanta...

Last year end

Had heard of another friend with the same time span. Not sure what happened, but since January of this year, I have not seen any case that has that processing time.A couple in May (from the forum) had ~12 weeks span. 3 forum members have received IL on 15-sep. Since then no one has mentioned of having received any letters.

Oath timelines

Any of you long-timers know how long it takes to oath if your interview is after 1pm in Atlanta? I have a 1:25pm interview on 10/30, and was wondering when I might expect to oath in that situation: next day (Fri 10/31), following Monday? Something else?

I have a question about sending the application in. Do we send it to TSC? The "Guide to Naturalization" states that we send it to TSC, but I see all this talk about NBC here...

And if I apply before Oct 1, will I get to interview with the old questions or the new questions?

thanks!

I have a question about sending the application in. Do we send it to TSC? The "Guide to Naturalization" states that we send it to TSC, but I see all this talk about NBC here...

And if I apply before Oct 1, will I get to interview with the old questions or the new questions?

thanks!

As far as I can see in the USCIS website, you still send to the specified service center. I would defer to someone else with other information though.

As for the questions, according the USCIS website (http://tinyurl.com/57sarh) you're likely to have a choice on the exam you take if you apply before 10/1, depending on when the test is taken (before 10/1/09). If you file after on or after 10/1, you're locked in to the new test. So, if you like the look of the old test, you'd better get the form filed pretty quickly (giving them a couple of days to set the priority date)!

Any good immigration attorney/lawyer in the Atlanta area?

Hello Folks,
Can someone recommend a good immigration lawyer in the Atlanta area. Someone who has lots of experience in their field, knows what they are doing and charge reasonable fees. This would be just to take the lawyer to the interview.

Thanks

Hello Folks,
Can someone recommend a good immigration lawyer in the Atlanta area. Someone who has lots of experience in their field, knows what they are doing and charge reasonable fees. This would be just to take the lawyer to the interview.

Thanks

Is this for yourself? If so, any reasons for wanting a lawyer present (any complications with your case?).

Is this for yourself? If so, any reasons for wanting a lawyer present (any complications with your case?).

Hi,
Yes for myself. I had a tough time during my GC interview 3 yrs ago due to their misinterpretation of the special registration requirement , get stuck in name checks everytime i deal with the USCIS and seems like i am always "randomly selected" at airports for extra screening. Call me paranoid, but i would prefer to spend a little money the last time in my life and get past this last hurdle with the USCIS. My case is pretty clear-cut with no issues , but i would hate for them to spring another surprise and corner me at the interview. Would rather spend some money and have some legal representation by me than regret.

Thanks

Hi,
Yes for myself. I had a tough time during my GC interview 3 yrs ago due to their misinterpretation of the special registration requirement , get stuck in name checks everytime i deal with the USCIS and seems like i am always "randomly selected" at airports for extra screening. Call me paranoid, but i would prefer to spend a little money the last time in my life and get past this last hurdle with the USCIS. My case is pretty clear-cut with no issues , but i would hate for them to spring another surprise and corner me at the interview. Would rather spend some money and have some legal representation by me than regret at that moment.

Thanks

I don't mean to spoil your intentions, but I don't think having a lawyer present at an interview with a simple case increases your chances of approval, but for some it does offer a sense of security.
From what you describe, it sounds that perhaps your name triggers something in the DHS database (could be similar to another name on watch list) or you're a victim racial profiling.