Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I don't mean to spoil your intentions, but I don't think having a lawyer present at an interview with a simple case increases your chances of approval, but for some it does offer a sense of security.
From what you describe, it sounds that perhaps your name triggers something in the DHS database (could be similar to another name on watch list) or you're a victim racial profiling.

I agree with what you say Bob, my chances dont get better with a lawyer present. Here's my personal experience at my GC interview. I had a lawyer at my GC interview(in L.A) who had accompanied several other candidates earlier and hence knew most of the Interviewing officers including the lady that interviewed me. He was able to create a friendly and relaxed atmosphere as soon as we got in the room with easy small talk as he knew the IO pretty well. We breezed through my application like as though it were an informal chat and she was almost about to stamp my approval when she found out about my country of birth and asked me for special registration. My lawyer tried to reason with her and she almost agreed to let go until a supervisor came in ( who perhaps did not know the rules himself) and over ruled. The same lawyer accompanied me to the special registration and subsequent interview and made sure i got through without any further hiccups.

I remember that experience to this day. I have a difficult time travelling in and out of the country everytime as my name seems to be on some kind of watchlist due to it resembling some one else's. I always get extra screening at airports so much so that i always go prepared for it.

Got a call from from homeland security Atlanta

GOT A CALL FROM IO officer at 7 01 PM today to come for an OATH ceremony on September 29th 1PM , so that I can vote.
At first I thought it was a joke??
ALHAM DULILLAH ( Thanks GOD) :):) good news

ATLANTA INTERVIEW : Cannot make a decision

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TSC
May 27 08 : N400 mailed to TSC
June 03 08: N400 TSC Priority Date
June 11 08: FP Notice received Date
June 26,08: FP Appointment
July 03 08 : Interview notice Date
Aug 26 98 : Interview appointment

Passsed the Civic/History Test , signed paers / photos.
Decision cannot me made --Missing a File???

Need input, is this a common issue
Thanks in advance.
Cannot retrieve ths case on line.

TSC
May 27 08 : N400 mailed to TSC
June 03 08: N400 TSC Priority Date
June 11 08: FP Notice received Date
June 26,08: FP Appointment
July 03 08 : Interview notice Date
Aug 26 98 : Interview appointment

Passsed the Civic/History Test , signed paers / photos.
Decision cannot me made --Missing a File???

FINALLY AFTER 20 years FILE closed Thanks GOD
TOOK OATH TODAY SEPTEMBER 29th 2008
Thanks for the contributions made by the members . It always helps.

still waiting on IN

I have looked at Paksister and fnm124 for their processing times. i had hoped to get my IN by now (40 days after FP), but nothing in the mail yet.... Has anyone else received anything for IN?

N-400 Sent 08/01/08
Check Cashed 08/03/08 2 days
NOA Received 08/14/08 11 days
FP Letter 08/18/08 4 days
FP Appointment 08/27/08 9 days
Interview Notice ??? 40 days and counting

Friends,

My file arrived atlanta on OCT2nd from charlotte. How generally Atlanta handle this kind of things? They gonna send IL immediately? anybody has this experience? can I expect IL this week? thanx..

N-400 sent........Sept,2007..charlotte, nc
FP done.............02/22/08...charlotte, nc
Moved to atlanta...06/21/08
Received IL for 10/15/08 in charlotte....08/11/08
Interview cancelled for charlotte, file transfer over to atlanta..10/02/08

poll

Since the NBC started getting applications - starting June/July, timelines have changed and these are not what applicants in (Apr-Jun) timeframe saw.

rick92 - Can you please elaborate about the poll?

Friends,

My file arrived atlanta on OCT2nd from charlotte. How generally Atlanta handle this kind of things? They gonna send IL immediately? anybody has this experience? can I expect IL this week? thanx..

If your file arrived Atlanta DO on the 2nd, expect a letter from Atlanta DO around the 19th. Why I say that is coz, my file arrived Atlanta on the Aug 11th and exactly 2 weeks letter the interview letter was generated from Atlanta DO. I received the letter on the 26th of Aug and the interview was scheduled for Sep 22nd.
Good luck.

Thanx Atlbrother.
I went to Infopass today.I got almost same kind of update.
So, looks like there is 30days wait between letter arrival & actual interview..?
did u get the same day OATH ? thanx again..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Hi Friend, usually it's the same day oath in Atlanta. If you get done with your interview by 12pm, consider it a done deal. Incase your interview is scheduled for anytime after 12 noon, no need to worry, you will be scheduled for an oath ceremony within a weeks time.
Good luck.

Certificate of Citizenship for my daughter

We applied for the certificate of citizenship for my daughter on March 24, 2007 and received an invite for a ceremony in September 2007; Since she had joined a medical program in India, she was unable to make it to the ceremony. We tried to re-schedule the appointment but never received any acknowledgement from INS.

We have once again received an invite for a ceremony on October 24, 2008 to receive the certification of Citizenship N-600.

This may be our last business with INS. Just wanted to update this information, though our case was straight forward, i think all the help and resource we received here, made us go through the whole process easily without a hitch.

Thank you all.

Atlanta DO, Houston
-------------------
N-400
PD: 01/04/07
FP: 02/01/07
ID: 03/13/2007 - same day oath - Eleven days before the 5th anniversary date of GC
PP: 03/24/2007 - Applied
PP: 04/05/2007 - Received

N-600 - For daughter

PD: 03/24/2007
ID: 09/15/2007 - We tried to re-schedule
ID: 10/24/2008 - Ceremony to receive the certificate

My interview was scheduled for 1:25. I reached there @ 12:45, checked in at the second floor and was asked to head toward the waiting room on the third. I was called @ 1:35. The Officer asked me for my interview notice, green card, and driver's license. I also had to provide my child's birth certificate (wasn't on my original application).

• She asked me some basic questions and re-confirmed items listed in my application. She then asked me where my wife was (since my application was marriage based, I guess). I was rather nonplussed and explained that she was at work! I got the impression from that little exchange that the spouse may be required during the interview for marriage-based cases. You would think they would mention that in the Interview Notice!

• I was asked to stand up, raise my right hand and swear that I would speak the truth :|

• She then asked me if I had traveled internationally since I had applied

• I was asked about 6-7 questions on US History and Civics - the usual ones from the question bank (50th state, Thomas Jefferson/Declaration of Independence, type of government, "who becomes president if" scenarios..., Martin Luther King, role of the UN)

• I was then asked to demonstrate my English skills by reading and writing a sentence - what fun.

• A few signatures later - I was given the N-652 and the option to appear for a Saturday Oath. I did ask, but "same day" oath was out of the question.

In all, the interview took about 15 minutes. I spent the next 35-40 minutes in the waiting room for the Saturday Oath Ceremony Notice.

All in all, it was a relatively painless experience. The waiting room was not as crowded as I had initially imagined. An interesting side note - folks who had a certain attorney (agent?) with them seemed to have a relatively easier time. They were motioned in without an actual name call - but I could have been seeing things. :)

Bambaiyya,
I dont know if you will read this message , but hopefully you do. Can you tell me what attorney are you referring to in your post? IM me the name please if you dont want to write it here. Much appreciated.

Anyone else know answer to this could help me here as well.

Thanks a bunch folks.

Reading what Bambaiyya wrote - asked if he had left the country since his application - does this really matter? I work as an international consultant, and have to take trips for work. Can someone tell me what the implication is if i have travelled internationally?

Thanks