April/May I140 Pending Cases

New to I-140

Hi All,

I will be filing I-140 in the next few weeks.

I require the following from you guys out there:....!!
1) Your wishes .. :)
2) Commons mistakes which we should be careful to avoid RFE
3) I-140 Check List for documents

Thanks in Advance

With Regards

From our side nothing,
you don't need to sign only.

what the attorney requires is processing fee from your company
:D
and sign from your company HR on the forms. :p

goodluck. anytime out
ND 4/24 still waiting for AD

Anyone have any idea....

Hey guys:

For the last two weeks only 2 applications Approved. Any one has any idea whats going on. Its getting difficult too when u see people of June month filed in NSC getting approved but nothing from VSC. Any checked thier AVM of late..please post.

Checked AVM last night. Still the same message, 90 - 180 days.
I-140, EB-2 (MS), RD 4/23, ND 4/24.

I checked; it's the same 90-180 days message.
I wonder what they are doing at VSC ... they didn't even release processing data for more than 2 months now.

VSC current situation

No current processing details.................
Far behind than NSC in I140 approvals................
2 approvals for the last 2 weeks in this site..............

I do know what to post...but everyday life seems to be tough for me. It seems we all need just wait for thier posting/reply.

My AVM still maintains to 90-180 days status message.....

Anyone of late checked..

This 140 thread has become a non-sharing of info thread. Please see that you post as much as you hear or read.

Checked AVM on 8/17, No Update

I checked the AVM on 8/17 and still got the 90-180 day message.

Lots of 485 approvals at VSC at the end of last week. Does VSC work in batches? Is this the week for 140 approvals? Hope we can get this thing moving this week. I would love to get my EAD/AP and be in India for Diwali!

Jinglebp2

EB-3
RD 4/13/2002
ND 4/19/2002

Metalguy...

...I was impatient like you and I don't know about you but I too have lot riding on this since my H1 expires in Mar 2003. All I can say is give it sometime - only AVM has answer to your prayers and not this message board. I am frustrated with lack of progress and moreso because I am next in line. Goodluck to you all.

I dont think VSC is approving any I140, maybe they are assuming everyone will be doing the concurrent thing, so who cares about something near to be obsolete I 140.? thats my take,,

EB3
MD 05.03
RD 05.06

In my own wild guess, I would imagine VSC is in great $hit - so much so that the in-house disarray doesn't even allow them to release their processing information.

I-40 I-485 concurrent filing

I have talks with my lawyer about filing concurrent.
Here are the pros & cons he gave.

I-140 Approved:
Of course man you are good to go for I-485
I-140 Not Approved:
Wait for approval. But you can still file I485.

PROS:
Well that’s up to you, if you want to take chance. What he said that, now that’s all his suppositions: INS would put those files together. And approve both of the files i.e. I-140 & I-485 probably together, well that’s what INS assumptions is when they start that concurrent process. The only benefit in my case would be I would be that by the time I-140 would be approved in next 3-3 ½ month worst case scenario my FP hopefully would be done, I got my EAD and ready to move on in 3 months after that. Which is what my intentions and hope are.

CONS:
Well now looking at the dark side i.e. I-140 God forbid gets denied my I-485 gets forfeited automatically, & if I have used the EAD to get another job buddy I am out of luck and I would be in the deportation court. Otherwise if I have not used my EAD and still with the same company, whatever time limit I have left on my H-1 cycle/ I can transfer the H-1 to any other company and start it all over again. Well not really good.

Not to mention I am losing the Attorney filing fees in thousands, Medical exam, EAD & AP fees.

My Concern:
Should I go ahead with the new concurrent law since I don’t have company restriction that I can’t which is plus and leave everything in up in the air. Nobody know how INS is going to handle the I-140 & I-485 concurrent cases. Is that case by case or the approval would be at the same time as with the rejection of one and the I-485 rejection is automatic? That’s the big question.
If both approval going to take couple of months more say instead of 180 its 240 days i.e. 8 mo. For both by give & take that should be fine.

Well any comments are welcome and I am sorry I have to go into that much details but your comments would really be appreciated.

Thanks Metalguy!

So,.... VSC takes 90-180 days to process i-140 applns. 60-90 days for EAD. Even for AP they take 30 to 60 days !!! God should save us!!!

folks,

same here EB2 I140
MD-4/24.. AP-??
Applied I485 on 8/2/2002.
h1 expires on 2/2/2003
my company eyeing on me if i come on bench to shoot..
what a missarable world man?

hell who cares... take it easy fellas

Inshop: I think your lawer is misguiding you in few ways,, first: If your I 140 is denied, your H1 is not revoked. I always thought, I 140 is RFE'd if your company cannot pay you or you or the paperwork is incomplete,, you get a chance to fix that issue. If your 485 is denied, you get a chance to appeal. You are not ordered to be deported. Applying for EAD does not cancel your H1b, you are still H1 and can apply for transfer to your new employer istead of using your EAD.

Get this,, if you dont apply now,,, you are going to be fighting a long que man,,, There are so many ppl who will take this opportunity to apply with concurrent 485/140 that your application will be literally wayyyy behind most of the other ones..offcourse, not to mention about the weak economy and the employers attitude towards H1b's... its atleast better to have a EAD...
Offcourse, you are the best judge

I-765 Employment Authorization - (C)(9) 7/29/2002 60 90 :
They are processing 7/29 on 8/5.... 7 days,, thats a good news