April/May I140 Pending Cases

Why no approvals this week?

Hey guys:

Have you all checked your case status in AVM. This week we have not encountered a single approval. Any input ...please post.

We got a chance to apply for 485, EAD, AP. then why some of you get worried about AVM. Let us go ahead and apply for 485...

I already applied for I-485 / as 140 EB2 ND:4/26 is pending.
ie. Today we shipped the package to INS.

April 13 RD EB2/RIR Waiting Still...

Still crossing the fingers on this..My friend with RD/ND April 12th is also waiting

for aptu

Hi Aptu,

I've been tracking your case since both are dates are very similar. I posted on instrack under the user name 'jingle' (couldn't get the same name on this board). I will post as soon as I hear anything. I checked the AVM on 8/3 and got the 90-180 day message.

Jinglebp2

Dial3525!

Hi there,

I think that was very quick. Good for you!

Could you please post what you need to prepare from your side other than attorney I mean medical reports, photographs and what else? do you have any link where I can see the required info.

GoodLuck!

Thanks!

Hello All,

please call attorney now and ask for the 485 application.
keep calling them and ask for that. because preperation itself,
might take 1-2 months. in my case as soos as they applied for
I140 I started asking for I485.

keep the following things ready,
Medical records,
7 Photos each,
birth certificate,
affidavits for birth cirtificate,
marriage certificate,
copy for last 3 year tax forms (some attorneys will ask for just 1 year)
All H1 copies
All H4 copies
I 94 copies
Passport copies
Letter from bank

I think this is pretty much it. any question please ask.

Cheers
Dial3525

Thanks for the Information

I have the birth certificate for me and my spouse. Do we need to furnish a separate affidavit? Should we get that from our parents ?
BTW, you've got a good attorney. MY entire GC is delayed and will get delayed because of mine. They haven't got back on my queries about concurrent processing.

you should keep calling them. even my attorneys are like
lzy and they don't let the info to me.

if your birth was registered on the same year when you were born you don't need affidavit. I think most of us registered and got the birth certificate in 2000 or very recently. look for the registration date on your birth certificate. if the reg. date is not
the year of you were born you must need affidavit.

Dial3525

The quest for I 140 approval is really not relevent any more since you can file for 485 now with the receipt.you can apply for your EAD,AP as well with a pending I 140 Why would one care about the approval?

This is relevant if our company allows us to file 485 but in case of me, they state that it’s not their policy to do so.

Thanks for the info, dial3525

What Metalguy says is right! Some companies don't allow concurrent filing of applications (It is like the proverb -- While God offers blessings, the priest prevents it).
They might be apprehensive that the employees might get liberated using the 180-day rule.

Just a note on the documents:

You don't have to wait for the forms to be send by your lawyer. You can download all the necessary forms from 'www.immigration.com' and get ready with other documents.
This way you can save some time.

I understand the problems, atleast we can get ready for the show right? i.e. preparing those documents, etc Also it is upto us
on convincing the attorneys. try once more, don't give up. nothing wrong in asking.

All you need from the company is the Receipt notice and a job confirmation letter. I 485 petition is for the applicant not for the company. You can get your own lawer or apply by yourself.. its pretty easy to do so,, if you want to. I was going to apply myself if my company was not willing to. My fear is,, there might be so many applicants taking this opportunity that later, the priority dates might retrogress/application in long que etc etc.

In this market,, I do not trust anyone to be guiding my life except myselft. But offcourse, its your prerogative and priority....I express only my side of the story.