Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

hello hjjez;

When you apply for asylum, you might get one of those decisions

1. Recommended approval: You get this decision when AO approves your case but the FBI name check is pending. The recommended approval can not be issued until the IBIS name check is cleared and the fingerprints results are cleared.

With this kind of decision, you are eligible to apply for EAD (C08)(ii) immediately after you receive the recommended approval letter.

2. Final approval: You get this decision when AO approves your case and the FBI name check, IBIS name check, and fingerprints are cleared. You automatically get EAD (AO5) within 10-15 days after you receive the final approval letter

3. Referal to immigration court: You get this decision when AO can't approve your case and you don't have legal status. Background check results don't have to be complete before issuing this decision. You may still be eligible to apply for EAD(C08)(i) when the clock reaches 150 days

4. Intent to deny: You get this decision when AO can't approve your case and you are still in legal status. Background check results don't have to be complete before issuing this decision. With this decision you have a chance to rebuke. If they still decide to deny your case, then you are not eligible for EAD (C08)(i)

When AO mentions that he has to go through a lot of paperwork, then I guess he might mean any of the following:

1. Waiting for your alien file to be transferred from another office
2. Writing an assessment for your case. This requires a lot of research
3. Waiting for a supervisor to sign.
4. A supervisor disagrees with the AO decision
5. Waiting for background check results
6. Administrative staff have not processed the decision results yet
7. Case is transferred to different department for investigation
8. Case is not a high priority and AOs have a lot of other cases to work on.

I am just guessing here. No body knows the exact reason why your case is still pending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot Assylum,

You really are quite an expert. I truly appreciate your educated answers. It was kind of disappointed though, because I did not consider all those possible reasons of the delay. I hope they are stuck just for any of the reasons in you points (2,3,6,8 ) to keep me in the positive mood. Now that you mentioned, I would ask your something else:confused:, in my case if I do not received any answer after the 150th. day, could I apply for the EAD (C08)(i) even I f I am still working for my current employer? (Remember I am under H1-B status but expecting to be layoff soon).
Once again I really appreciate the way you help us with your expertise.
Best regards,

I-589 Received: 28-Feb-11
Biometrics done: 17-Mar-11
Interviewed: 28-Mar-11
Today is: 27-May-11
# of days passed: 88
Day 150 is on: 28-Jul-11
Days to go: 62

hjjez,
If your I-589 has been pending (no decision) for 150 days or more, then you are eligible for EAD(C08)(i) whether you have a legal visa or expired visa. Remember that EAD(C08)(i) can not be approved before the clock reaches 180 days.

Thanks a lot Assylum,

in my case if I do not received any answer after the 150th. day, could I apply for the EAD (C08)(i) even I f I am still working for my current employer? (Remember I am under H1-B status but expecting to be layoff soon).
Once again I really appreciate the way you help us with your expertise.
Best regards,

Today is: 27-May-11
# of days passed: 88
Days to go: 62

Got it! thanks a lot. Is this kind of EAD (C8)(i) applicable through the efile I mean can this application be doing electronically? I know there are some EAD application that can be done electronically.
Thanks!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!! this wait it getting to another level. It will be one year on 18th since i submitted my I-589. Oh my God, I need you, i need approval before that date i need it tomorrow, AMEN!

Dude that is unbelievable, I am really sorry! I can't imagine, today is only day #100 after they receive my application and I am already out of my mind, the stress is almost unbearable. At least you have your EAD so working should not be an issue. But you are right that delay it’s insane. Have you sent any inquiry? I did it one month ago and they never answered back so I called the AO and he told me that he does not know what the status is because it must be passing all the required paperwork (what could that mean?) but it could be two days or three months. I am going to loose my job next month and do not know what I am going to do. I caan feel your desperation.

Today is: 8-Jun-11
# of days passed: 100
Day 150 is on: 28-Jul-11 (so not there yet)
Days to go: 50

Dude that is unbelievable, I am really sorry! I can't imagine, today is only day #100 after they receive my application and I am already out of my mind, the stress is almost unbearable. At least you have your EAD so working should not be an issue. But you are right that delay it’s insane. Have you sent any inquiry? I did it one month ago and they never answered back so I called the AO and he told me that he does not know what the status is because it must be passing all the required paperwork (what could that mean?) but it could be two days or three months. I am going to loose my job next month and do not know what I am going to do. I caan feel your desperation.

Today is: 8-Jun-11
# of days passed: 100
Day 150 is on: 28-Jul-11 (so not there yet)
Days to go: 50

I sent them inquiries endless times until they sent me a letter saying my application is still being looked at and i need not contact them again. I even talked to the officer who interviewed me and she said she already made the decision and i was to get it in a week, it's been 6months ever since she said that...sometimes i see it funny. We should make a movie out of this website and call it 'The ugly smile of immigrant'...lol

...sometimes i see it funny. We should make a movie out of this website and call it 'The ugly smile of immigrant'...lol

LOL, I would call it "The endless wait of the promised answer” with Mr. Bird as the main character. I keep my faith and do my best to stay positive. As it is said "sometimes no new is a good new” if you have not gone to court yet, then you still can wait for the good news anytime. I hope so and will pray for all of us too. Hope to hear from you informing you had received the answer.

Today is: 9-Jun-11
# of days passed: 101
Days to go: 49

LOL, I would call it "The endless wait of the promised answer” with Mr. Bird as the main character. I keep my faith and do my best to stay positive. As it is said "sometimes no new is a good new” if you have not gone to court yet, then you still can wait for the good news anytime. I hope so and will pray for all of us too. Hope to hear from you informing you had received the answer.

Today is: 9-Jun-11
# of days passed: 101
Days to go: 49

And the waiting c.o.n.t.i.n.u.e.s.!.!.! ohhhhh mmmmy God!!!

Need help! ASYLUM nd MR.BIRD

Hello my name is K, I am an pending asylum case
my final court case is in December I've been trough the interview and a calender hearing
after I applied for asylum I have waited for the 150 day to apply for the EAD how much longer is it going to take?
i was allowed to summit my app. on may 14 2011 and may 16 I revived a notice that that said the fallowing
"the above application/petition has been revived by our office and is in process
please verify your personal information listed above and immediately notify the USCIS number listed below if there is any changes.
please note that if a priority date is printed on this notice,the priority does not reflect earlier retained priority dates."
so its been almost 2 months since i sent that letter. I am worried and feel useless in,at least working would take the stress away from the awaiting of court and its final decision. I live in Texas and I am from Peru (it doesn't really matter)
thank you in advance even if there is no answer

Gooood news!!!!!! I got my approval letter and my new i-94 attached today!!! I can not express the feeling, you need to experience it to know how good it feels. Glory to god, the waiting was worth it. Many thanks to all of you who kept on giving me hope. Special thanks to assylum whom i have learned so much from, i have advised many people from the knowledge i got from you assylum, thanks! And i'll still be around. All the best to those still waiting.

Hello everybody

I have a question ,I lost my EAD card and it was stolen ,which form should i fill out and do I need to pay any fee ?

Thank you

Hello everybody

I have a question ,I lost my EAD card and it was stolen ,which form should i fill out and do I need to pay any fee ?

Thank you

If it's less than 120 days remaining for the renewal of your original EAD, then you may not be charged a fee. If it's more than 120 days to the renewal, then you'll have to pay a fee of $380. In addition, an EAD may be replaced without fee for USCIS error when it was issued with incorrect information, such as a misspelled name. You must file Form I-765 to replace an EAD.

Gooood news!!!!!! I got my approval letter and my new i-94 attached today!!! I can not express the feeling, you need to experience it to know how good it feels. Glory to god, the waiting was worth it. Many thanks to all of you who kept on giving me hope. Special thanks to assylum whom i have learned so much from, i have advised many people from the knowledge i got from you assylum, thanks! And i'll still be around. All the best to those still waiting.

Congratulations Mr. Bird,

After all this time reading your posts I can feel your happines and I share it with you;) It's nice to know that it worth it and as I told you as long as you do not receive any news you can always wait the good one. Kudos and wish you the best in the new endevour you are just starting. Keep in touch!

Hello everybody

Thank you

If you are an asylee, then you don't EAD. Save your money. Asylees are not required to have EAD

Hello Guys,

This is a question for assylum, Mr. Bird, Lady Lee and all of you that have already applied for EAD. Were your (I-765) EAD applications processed through the Dallas, TX Service Center? I want to have a benchmark because I sent mine last week and just received the email “Notice of acceptance” stating that is going to be processed through that Service ctr. According to the USCIS processing times that Service Ctr is taking 3 weeks to send the EAD for the (C) (8) I-765 categorie (pending asylum decision) and I want to know if those timeframes are reliable? If any of you went through the same Srvc Ctr how long did take you to receive your EAD?

Thanks!

Today is: 5-Aug-11
# of days passed: 158
EAD Application 29-Jul-11

Hello Guys,

This is a question for assylum, Mr. Bird, Lady Lee and all of you that have already applied for EAD. Were your (I-765) EAD applications processed through the Dallas, TX Service Center? I want to have a benchmark because I sent mine last week and just received the email “Notice of acceptance” stating that is going to be processed through that Service ctr. According to the USCIS processing times that Service Ctr is taking 3 weeks to send the EAD for the (C) (8) I-765 categorie (pending asylum decision) and I want to know if those timeframes are reliable? If any of you went through the same Srvc Ctr how long did take you to receive your EAD?

If your asylum case is pending and its your first EAD then it would be approved in a month. If 30 days passed and you dont receive it in mail, call the customer service to let them know its past time. Don't wait for 3 months. 3 months is for people who are renewing their EADs based on pending asylum.

Hello Guys,

Thanks!

Today is: 5-Aug-11
# of days passed: 158
EAD Application 29-Jul-11

I think my EAD was processed in the Vermont Center, the receipt notice was dated November 29th, 2010.
in January 6th card production was ordered, and I received the EAD card on January 12, 2011. It took almost a month and a half not 3 weeks to receive it.
They said that if after 3 weeks (Beyond Regulatory Time Frame) you dont receive it, you can call the National Customer Service Center to get an update 1800-375-5283. I called exactly a month later, spoke with a very nice woman, and she promised to send a note to the Vermont Center to request update of my EAD status. Two days later I received an email saying the status was: "under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter" And then I received the approval notice in the mail like 2 weeks later.
I dont think the 3 weeks frame is that reliable.
But will advise you to call after 3 weeks to get an update, maybe thats what it worked in my case. I know people who waited 3 months. Good luck, hope you het the EAD very soon!