Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

They are wrong. Don't call the 800#. They will confuse you because some of them give wrong information. They are not officers. They are customer service people and they read from scripts.

You don't need another biometrics.
If your EAD is pending for less than 3 months, then I think you should wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since i received my notice asking for passport photos for my EAD application i have been waiting for the asylum decision hoping it will come before i send the photos. But now am thinking i better send and be safer. Probably LADYLEE you will receive the same notice asking for photos soon. Uh, and the waiting continues. It's now 7 months since my application and five months since my interview...?:(:confused:

Thanks Assylum! I was really expecting your input in this matter.
My waiting period is very similar to Mr Bird, 6 months since I sent application, 5 months since my interview, and 5 weeks since i sent the EAD application.
Which I think is nothing compared to other forum fellows that have been waiting more than 2 years for desicion!! but... wowww it's so difficult for me!!! Definetely God is working in me, and He wants me to learn about patience and to live by His mercy!

Mr Bird: I think that maybe they want to wait to see if we receive the asylum desicion before they issue the work permit. I also sent everything with the EAD application: the I94's, the asylum application receipt, the asylum interview notice, the fingerprint appointment notice, passport copies, passport photos with my A# and name on the back, and my attorney sent a letter detailing the documents that were attached with the application. So far, they haven't say anything, but when I check the Case Status in their website it still says that is in the stage of "initial review". Which means -I guess - that still they can say something is missing!!!

I checked my "Case Status" in the USCIS website, and says they ordered production of my EAD (yeah!)
do you guys know approximately when I will receive the card in the mail???
I'm soooo happy!

I checked my "Case Status" in the USCIS website, and says they ordered production of my EAD (yeah!)
do you guys know approximately when I will receive the card in the mail???
I'm soooo happy!

See I was right when I told you to wait and ignore the 800# customer service. You will receive it on or before next Wednesday.

I hope you get your asylum approval soon too. Follow up with the asylum office again.

See I was right when I told you to wait and ignore the 800# customer service. You will receive it on or before next Wednesday.

I hope you get your asylum approval soon too. Follow up with the asylum office again.

Yes! your were right! That's why I said that I was expecting your opinion!
I'm looking for jobs now!! I can't believe it!

That is so good news!!! Congrats, i hope i will get mine too as we pray for approval as the next big thing. God is with us!!! congrats!!

Wowwwww Assylum!!! you were soooooooooo right! Today it's Wednesday, and Today I received the EAD in the mail!!! wowww
I'm so happy!
Please guys, pray for me! I have been sending job applications since last week, and I can wait to go back to a "normal" life, have a work schedule, and feel functional and useful again! and of course... I also NEED the income really bad! :)

I have a couple questions:
1. Do I have to go to the Social Security to change the information in my account?
I do have a SS, but not valid to work in the US (I'm assuming that everything is in the system, but I heard about restricted SS and unrestricted SS and I dont' know if that is only for asylum approval or recommended approval)
2. I have a valid non-immigrant visa. But, with that Visa I'm not allowed to work. Receiving a work permit right now means that my Visa is cancelled already?
3. The EAD I received today is valid for a year, what happen if I receive a negative asylum desicion in a month or 3? Do I have to give up my job? Or I will be able to keep it while I present an apeal?
Thanks in advance!
God bless you all!
LL

GOD is with US!!!

congrats...i think that should be good news for ur asylum case too, and by the way, is it valid for an year or two years? I think if its 2 years then your asylum case might have been approved already.

Wowwwww Assylum!!! you were soooooooooo right! Today it's Wednesday, and Today I received the EAD in the mail!!! wowww
I'm so happy!
Please guys, pray for me! I have been sending job applications since last week, and I can wait to go back to a "normal" life, have a work schedule, and feel functional and useful again! and of course... I also NEED the income really bad! :)

1. Do I have to go to the Social Security to change the information in my account?
I do have a SS, but not valid to work in the US (I'm assuming that everything is in the system, but I heard about restricted SS and unrestricted SS and I dont' know if that is only for asylum approval or recommended approval)
2. I have a valid non-immigrant visa. But, with that Visa I'm not allowed to work. Receiving a work permit right now means that my Visa is cancelled already?
3. The EAD I received today is valid for a year, what happen if I receive a negative asylum desicion in a month or 3? Do I have to give up my job? Or I will be able to keep it while I present an apeal?
Thanks in advance!
God bless you all!
LL

wooow!! congrats, I am happy for you. You will get a life now. I think assylum should be able to answer your questions, he is so bright in these things! Thanks assylum for your help.

congrats...i think that should be good news for ur asylum case too, and by the way, is it valid for an year or two years? I think if its 2 years then your asylum case might have been approved already.

The EAD it's just valid for one year.

wooow!! congrats, I am happy for you. You will get a life now. I think assylum should be able to answer your questions, he is so bright in these things! Thanks assylum for your help.

Thanks Mr. Bird! I will be checking the forum everyday just to see if you get your approval or your EAD, I really wish you the best!
Yeah, I'm waiting Assylum answers to my questions! He knows good what he's talking about.
I'm still in shock that he said I will received the EAD on Wednesday!
I have a positive feeling about my case, and my lawyer says that not to worry because I fulfill all the assylum requirements, but you never know! I just know that it's in God's hands, and that He knows better than anyone my fears, and He knows what its the best thing for me.
For now, I'm just trying to live day by day. But, you have no idea how I feel with just the possibility to get a job soon, and have that EAD in my hands.
It's like the video games! Your character it loosing life and strength, but suddenly it gets charged with energy and starts walking faster, moving faster and feeling invincible! That's how I feel right now!

Thanks Mr. Bird! I will be checking the forum everyday just to see if you get your approval or your EAD, I really wish you the best!
Yeah, I'm waiting Assylum answers to my questions! He knows good what he's talking about.
I'm still in shock that he said I will received the EAD on Wednesday!
I have a positive feeling about my case, and my lawyer says that not to worry because I fulfill all the assylum requirements, but you never know! I just know that it's in God's hands, and that He knows better than anyone my fears, and He knows what its the best thing for me.
For now, I'm just trying to live day by day. But, you have no idea how I feel with just the possibility to get a job soon, and have that EAD in my hands.
It's like the video games! Your character it loosing life and strength, but suddenly it gets charged with energy and starts walking faster, moving faster and feeling invincible! That's how I feel right now!

I know the feeling, and i can't wait to be there too. Am hopeful and full of faith that God will not let us down after coming this far. I hope you get a job soon. Let's keep praying my dear, and we shall overcome!

I'm so happy!

Thanks in advance!
God bless you all!
LL

1. You should go to the Social security office as soon as possible to update your account. Take with you your EAD (C08), your existing SS card, and another valid ID.
The SSA employee will take a look at your EAD (CO8) and will use the online USCIS verification system called "SAVE IV" system.
If your asylum case is still pending or recommended for approval, the "SAVE IV" system will show code “AS”. This internal code means the alien applied for asylum but DHS has not yet decided whether or not asylum can be granted. This code also includes those who have a recommended approval. If you have EAD(C08) and "SAVE IV" system shows the code "AS", then the SSA system called "SS-5 Assistant" will automatically issue a replacement card with the restricted legend, “VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION”. It takes up to 14 days to mail the replacement card.

2. Your F1 visa is still valid if you are still enrolled in school and your asylum case is still pending. If your previous visa was not F1, then your previous visa is still valid if it is not expired and the asylum case is still pending.

3. Your EAD(C08) is only valid for 1 year. It won't be revoked if your case goes to the court. You will be able to renew your
EAD(C08) as long as your asylum case is pending at USCIS, EOIR (court), BIA, or circuit court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news!! I have checked on the website and they ordered the production of my card. Am overwhelmed with joy!!!!!!

hi there well i applied for ead(c8) and its been three weeks the thing is when i try to check my case status online it says it cant find my case???? so anyone with the same dilemma or any advice on what i should do. i have my case court date set to september and i didnt ask for any extension with the judge. i walked in there he saw me without a lawyer and told me he would set my master hearing on september. i asked him if i was eligible for ead and he said he doesnt know but he has no objection if i get one. where at the other hand my brother also has same isuue but his judge said he was eligible and that he should get some notice by today but well we both havent...any advice is really appreciated

thank you :D

hi there well i applied for ead(c8) and its been three weeks the thing is when i try to check my case status online it says it cant find my case???? so anyone with the same dilemma or any advice on what i should do. i have my case court date set to september and i didnt ask for any extension with the judge. i walked in there he saw me without a lawyer and told me he would set my master hearing on september. i asked him if i was eligible for ead and he said he doesnt know but he has no objection if i get one. where at the other hand my brother also has same isuue but his judge said he was eligible and that he should get some notice by today but well we both havent...any advice is really appreciated

thank you :D

I am only able to answer part of your question. The ead takes a maximum of 90days. However, most asylum offices complete the process within 30days if you submitted the required evidences. I hope you are entering the number that starts with EAC on your i765 application receipt notice.

I am only able to answer part of your question. The ead takes a maximum of 90days. However, most asylum offices complete the process within 30days if you submitted the required evidences. I hope you are entering the number that starts with EAC on your i765 application receipt notice.

Well mine actually starts with LIN i guess its coz mine is being processed from nebraska but well i did submit everything all my paperwork and photos the only thing missing is my court order but i applied for ead before my first court hearing besides i did submit the paper tat said i was refered to eoir... and i see tat it took yours almost 2 months huh mrbird...man i dnt wanna wait tat long i need to start working asap lol....i just dnt know why they havent posted anything on uscis website its weird and when i call the automated system they also cant find my case????? OOh well im gunna call cusgomer service and see if i can get something but thanks mr bird...hows working life treating ya :)