Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

jefkorn, what you mean by that is I (if privalled) can get my GC dated to 2005?
do you know any one who did that?
if I wanna give it a shoot,where in the complaint should i ask for that relief?

You would ask for it in the relief section:
- If plaintiff's I-485 application is approved, compel USCIS to backdate plaintiff's permanent residency to 180 days from I-485 receipt date or to any other date determined by this court

I do not see any harm in putting such a request.

I went for my FP today. They were nice. My FP were matching at about 60% they told me not to worry. Are they right?

Also, I called the US Atty to see on the status of my filed WOM. I spoke with the receptionist and she said I needed to speak with Docketting. They were nice, but it took a while for them to believe I had filed a case. They couldn't really tell me anything.

I wanted to call the US Atty to get status and confirmation that I have filed the case correctly as with my experience things tend to be backwards. When I call them should I be speaking with someone else than docketting? Who should I be speaking with and what should I ask?

Thanks

mosamno2, good job. jefkorn, I like the new posted formatted version :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for my FP today. They were nice. My FP were matching at about 60% they told me not to worry. Are they right?

Also, I called the US Atty to see on the status of my filed WOM. I spoke with the receptionist and she said I needed to speak with Docketting. They were nice, but it took a while for them to believe I had filed a case. They couldn't really tell me anything.

I wanted to call the US Atty to get status and confirmation that I have filed the case correctly as with my experience things tend to be backwards. When I call them should I be speaking with someone else than docketting? Who should I be speaking with and what should I ask?

Thanks

mosamno2, good job. jefkorn, I like the new posted formatted version :)
Hi Cregan ...good luck with your second finger prints .. I hope that will be the start of the end for you ..
I am still waiting to get my cert. mail green cards for all my summons...I think once I have them all and take them back to the court, I might drop by the US Att. office to see how things are going...please keep us updated on your progress

I Have another question.:)
how to serve michael chertoff and michael aytes? is this has to be through general and chief counsel? what are their current addresses?

Here is my last update; almost done with the paper work tell me if any thing missing
1- 6 copies of the complaint; 4 for the defendant 1 for the AUSA 1 For the cout
2- 6 copies of the exhipits as well
3- 3 copies of each summon
4- cover sheet

Please help, I need to know what to do.

I called FBI to check on my FP. They confirmed they received it yesterday and sent it back the same day. I called USCIS spoke with a 2nd level IO. I was able to interrogate him and he slipped and said they don’t have the file on me they had to have a temp file. I asked him about my case ever being approved with a temp file and he said they would need the original file. I called the USCIS Officer that called me the other week. She said that I was never supposed to be told about the temp file. She did confirm that they would need the original file before my application could be accepted and to call back in 60 days.

Now my only hope is the WOM, but I can’t find any status on it. I filed my green receipts with the court and AUSA, but they can’t confirm they received it. What do I do? I mail everything certified. They did receive it, but I want to make sure my case is moving.

Per my question post above:

cregan,

I checked your case and it seems that no AUSA is assigned to your case yet. Wait untill a person is assigned to your case. It should happen soon. If you do not have a PACER account, sign up for it to check upon your case.
I do not see a return of service filed in your case, maybe they are slow updating your docket. When did you file it?
You can speak to civil process clerk (or anybody in civil division should be able to help you) regarding your case when you call US Att.

cregan,

I checked your case and it seems that no AUSA is assigned to your case yet. Wait untill a person is assigned to your case. It should happen soon. If you do not have a PACER account, sign up for it to check upon your case.
I do not see a return of service filed in your case, maybe they are slow updating your docket. When did you file it?
You can speak to civil process clerk (or anybody in civil division should be able to help you) regarding your case when you call US Att.

Hi Cregan .. I hope all works well .. this just proves more and more USCIS do not tell the truth and will just say about anything to not deal with people .. I have a feeling that I will be in the same boat here shortly .. How are you able to get to an IO on the phone. I have tried several times and they will not let me through..

Lazycis .. so anyone can sign up for a PACER account to check on his case?

I have a PACER account, but it's difficult to navigate.

Thank you for your response, but now with my track record of luck, I feel I would be lucky if I get a AUSA assigned to my case. It's been 15 days. Is this normal?

mustafa34kc, when I get a customer representative I tell them that last I spoke with a 2nd level IO and they asked me to call back and to make sure to speak with a 2nd level IO. When it doesn't work, I tell them that my case has been pending so long and that's why I was told to speak to these IO.

I'm crying

I have a PACER account, but it's difficult to navigate.

Thank you for your response, but now with my track record of luck, I feel I would be lucky if I get a AUSA assigned to my case. It's been 15 days. Is this normal?

Keep in mind that they have 60 days to respond so there is no need for them to be very quick. Usually AUSA is assigned within 2-3 weeks.

mustafa,

anybody can register for PACER and check the status of the case. Registration is free, but you do pay for browsing certain pages (8 cents per page).

mustafa34kc, when I get a customer representative I tell them that last I spoke with a 2nd level IO and they asked me to call back and to make sure to speak with a 2nd level IO. When it doesn't work, I tell them that my case has been pending so long and that's why I was told to speak to these IO.

I'm crying

Thank you Cregan .. I will try that tomorrow for sure early morning and see if that works for me. I know how frustrating it is for sure.. There are days where I get tired of dealing for this. I really things will work out good for both of us.

I called FBI to check on my FP. They confirmed they received it yesterday and sent it back the same day. I called USCIS spoke with a 2nd level IO. I was able to interrogate him and he slipped and said they don’t have the file on me they had to have a temp file. I asked him about my case ever being approved with a temp file and he said they would need the original file. I called the USCIS Officer that called me the other week. She said that I was never supposed to be told about the temp file. She did confirm that they would need the original file before my application could be accepted and to call back in 60 days.

It's a known fact that everything the USCIS tells you should be taken with a grain of salt, but this somewhat confirms my suspicion that they lost your file. It also proves that you definitely did the right thing by filing WOM. When my mother applied for naturalization back in 1994, her case was dragged along for a couple of years, with the USCIS (INS back then) eventually telling my mom that they lost her file and she needs to reapply.

If this is what happened with your file, WOM is the only way you'll be able to compel them to act on your case. I'd love to actually see them explain this in court.

I hope the WOM works. It's crazy ... thank you for the reassurance

I received a call from Sen John McCain. The lady was really nice, but she told me that USCIS becomes upset when we placed many inquiries to different politicians. She will follow up with Sen Jon Kyl to see if they closed my case. She said too many open cases doesn't look good

One more thing. When I spoke with USCIS today they said they do not have record of me going to my FP yesterday. Should I go to my 3rd FP tomorrow to make sure they get some prints? or would that hurt me?

One more thing. When I spoke with USCIS today they said they do not have record of me going to my FP yesterday. Should I go to my 3rd FOP tomorrow to make sure they get some prints? or would that hurt me?

It should not hurt but I do not think that's necessary. If it's not a big hassle for you, you can go. It would be another proof to the court that you've done everything you could. FP results are usually sent to USCIS within 48 hours.

I called USCIS to see what time FP in Phx opens. They transferred me again :) and they said I don't need to go as they have recorded it in the system. They said that I should be receiving IL in a few days. I hope I don't have my hopes up for being hurt.

OMG ... thank you always for everyones support. Thank you

I'll try not to cry too much, lol