Any LA Transfer cases/Interview dates?

Hi Annies,

Please give us the detail, you recd. your passport back in how many weeks?

Date Sent : ?
Date Recd : ?

Thanks,

annies info

hi sanksin77,

sent passport Feb 15
returned Feb 28

2 wks...

I did not include any return envelope when sending the passports.

thanks,
annies :)

registered mail...

registered mail...

Based from what i have seen recently from this thread i think they process the passport visa stamping in 5 business days from the day they received it. Then just add the number of days it will take for the passports to return to you depending on if you opt for the registered mail delivery or provided your own return envelope.

annies :)

Last edited by a moderator:
04/04 08/02 05/03 08/03 ???

Folks,

Applied 04/02 [buffalo]
AOR 08/02
Transferred to LA 05/03
Initial assesment, Medical, landing fees, and No Interview 08/04,
and nothing since then.

Does anyone know how long it will take?

:confused: :mad:

Waiting for the passport...

I sent the passport to LA consulate on 19th feb, they recd. it on 22nd and I am yet to recieve the passports back.
I have sent one self addressed express mail return envelope too like some of the members in this forum.
Anybody in the same boat??

thanks,

Passport wait

Saskin, don't worry I am in the same boat. God Willing, it will arrive soon. I understand your frustration and it's been a long wait but I see light at the end of tunnel. Be patient!

LA interview timeline

Dear Friends,
I am wiaiting for LA interview call for last few months. I wanted to check
with you guys about your experiences / timeline for LA interview call.

How much time does it take for LA consulate to call for interview after
receiving the file from Buffalo?

I applied in Nov,2003. I got a letter from Buffalo in July 2004 with papers
for medical and stating that I will need an interview. I got another letter
from Buffalo in Late october, 2004 stating that my file has been xferred
to LA and I should hear from them soon regariding an interview appoitment.

Since then, I haven't heard anything from Buffallo or LA. THe status on
my e-client shows processing the case. Based on your experiences, when
should I expect an interview call from LA?

Thanks,
Chandra

my time lines...

Chandra,

I received letter from Buffalo in 1st week of Dec 04 saying that I need to attend the interview at LA. They also send me Medical forms. I did not receive any letter yet. As per your time lines, I may receive my confirmation letter in a week or so. Then I need to wait for interview date. I think you may receive your interview letter very soon. Did you get CAIPS notes for your case? That may help you why it triggered for the interview and may be approximate time lines. I got mine and it says BF’D 07-06-05 (i.e June 07, 2005). So I am guessing that I may have my interview around that time frame(plus or minus two months…)

Thanks
Sree

Last edited by a moderator:
Enquirer,

Have you got your passport back from LA? When did you send it?
Anybody else in the same boat?

BTW.. I am still waiting. :(

File tranferred to LA, letter mentioned IRPA???

Hello,

As I posted earlier, I need to attend interview at LA. Today I received letter from Buffalo saying that "your file has transferred to LA". They also mention that, if an interview is required, you will be advised in two months advance by the LA office.

The letter also says, new regulations are in effect and the decision on your file will be made in accordance with the requirements of the Immigration and refugee Protection Act (IRPA). An assessment under IRPA may require additional information which will be requested by the office noted above.

I searched about IRPA on CIC web site, I found that new IRPA was effected from 2002.

Could some one let know, is that normal message for any Interview letter/cases? In my CAIPS notes there is nothing mentioned about this issue. In my CAIPS notes I only found about my work experience, and I thought that might be triggered for the interview.

Thank you,
Sree

Sree_Manikanta said:
Hello,

As I posted earlier, I need to attend interview at LA. Today I received letter from Buffalo saying that "your file has transferred to LA". They also mention that, if an interview is required, you will be advised in two months advance by the LA office.

The letter also says, new regulations are in effect and the decision on your file will be made in accordance with the requirements of the Immigration and refugee Protection Act (IRPA). An assessment under IRPA may require additional information which will be requested by the office noted above.

I searched about IRPA on CIC web site, I found that new IRPA was effected from 2002.

Could some one let know, is that normal message for any Interview letter/cases? In my CAIPS notes there is nothing mentioned about this issue. In my CAIPS notes I only found about my work experience, and I thought that might be triggered for the interview.

Thank you,
Sree

I believe yes. My interview letter also mentioned the same. My CAPS NOTES also had the issue of not submitting the experience letter. I had some issues with PCCs also which I came to know at the time of interview. You may get the interview call in about 2-3 months.

Hope this helps.

-meetme

Meetme,

Not yet decided the date to land. I can land anytime before 3rd November 2005. I will probabaly go to Toronto for landing and also for my H1 re-validation.

Thanks,

LA interview call?

Looking at the timeline, I see many cases with more than 1 year wait between
LA Xfer date and interview date.
What is the average wait between LA Xfer and interview in LA?

Please share your exeprerience . That will help us in aniticiapting our interview
call from LA.

Thanks,
Chandra

chandra_sf said:
Looking at the timeline, I see many cases with more than 1 year wait between
LA Xfer date and interview date.
What is the average wait between LA Xfer and interview in LA?

Please share your exeprerience . That will help us in aniticiapting our interview
call from LA.

Thanks,
Chandra

Hi,

I got the transfer letter in Feb 2004, and the interview letter in June 2004. The scheduled interview was in Sept 2004.

Thanks,
-meetme