Wondering if there were any LA Transfer cases/Interview dates
since May 2003?

"LA Tracker" forum here has not registered new additions for a
long time.

Appreciate any updates/postings.

Thanks,
Mark

It takes 2 years.

My friend having Bcom degree + IT experience(6 months India, 3 yeras USA) applied for Canadian PR in November 2001. His interview arranged in LA in end of 2003. He got through well.

I hope, it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
LA Tracker? Where Art Thou?

Folks,

LA Tracker forum? Where Art Thou?

Any ideas where this diappeared or is it that my eyes are
playing tricks?

Mark

Hi Forum,

I got a letter from LA consulate today and I am required to attend the interview on March 16,2004. That was pretty fast.. within 2 months of file transfer to LA from Buffalo consulate.:)

But, they haven't mentioned anything about the medical. Do I have to wait till I clear the interview?
Apart from that they have asked me to bring all the documents (passport, police clearance, IELTS score,Education degrees, Certificates, Employment letter, Fund proof, Birth Certificate, Marriage certificate,immigration status, W2 forms etc..)

Most of them, I have already submitted at the time of filing my application.
I would appreciate if anybody can tell me, what should I expect in the interview?
AND MOST IMPORTANT!!
Should I take the medical test before attending the interview or not?

Thanks,

sanksin77, medical is possible with papers given by Canadian Cosnulate.

You can't go to any doctor or even specificed doctor without certain papers. You need medical reated papers provided by Canadian consulate, in which your picture will be there. It seems that, you dont have such paper, then how can you visit doctor for Medical ?

vsshah,

First of all, thanks for responding and I apologize for not mentioning before that the Buffalo consulate did send me the medical forms with photographs earlier with the assessment letter.

The reason, I am confused because my wife is pregnant and I am not able to determine whether I should do the medical now or later. She can't go for chest X-ray now, without which the medical is in-complete. And also at this point of time, I can't predict the outcome of my interview.(Although I score more than 70 points and all the documents are in order).

So, is it advisable for me to wait till the interview is over?

Thanks,

Forum,

I have two doubts regarding the FBI clearance. Although I have already taken the FBI clearance 2 years back at the time of applying for the Canadian Immigration.

1. Do I have to send the fingerprints and money order in TWO (2) seperate envelope for me and my wife to FBI office in WV ?

2. As far as I know, I need to send the fingerprint card and the money order ($18 each) to get the clearance. Do I have to send any other documents?

Urgent response is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Hi vsshah

You mention previously that your friend had an interview in Dec at the LA consulate. Can you please provide info on the duration of the interview and the type of questions asked?

Thanks in advance.

sanksin77 and cdnlc. LA Interview Questions.

sanksin77 ,

It is advisable to do medical after interview.

cdnlc,

my friend attended LA interview recently. Currently that guy is in India for visit. So, I can not have much information. But, whatever he told me, that I am writing here.

His no. was 5th in queue that day.
Before his # came, out of 4, 3 guys/couple rejected.
There was a chinese interviewer, He seems strict and smarter. He rejected even Chinese student guy also. Interview Window box are transperent. So, Anybody waiting outside can see interviewer, candidate and expression of their faces. Interviewer was not real technical guy. But pretty smart to ask question. So, candidate has to be prepared mentaly with confidence.

My friend was having degree of Bachelor in Commerce from reputed college in India. then did some SAP course and came to USA on H1b visa. He did medical after interview done.

Questions asked.
1. You are having commerce degree, but how come you in Computer field.
2. What do you do at your work place/your job desc
3. How you transfer data among 2 different databases(e.g. Sybase to SQL server) ?
4. Have you visited Canada ?
5. Why you want/choosed to go to Canada ?
6. What will you do in Canada ?
7. Your degree(BCom), certificate(Diploma) and experience(in IT) are going on during same period. how you were justifying them ?
8. You have not given IETLS, how you justify it ?

and some other questions, I forgotten.

Best Luck..

Send a fax to LA in september/oct got reply in Jan saying that they are still processing our file and we may or may not have to attend the interview. The Baffalo had received our docs in March 02, and then we got a letter back in may 03 that our case has been transfered to LA for speedup the processing. How come baffalo is faster and LA is so slow.

Hi

My situation seems to be worse than all. I applied in dec 2001, got file number in feb 2002, got a letter that case is transferred to LA, got medical papers but was asked to wait for 7-10 months. Did not wait for that long, did the medicals and sent them. Got CAIPS done, my medical is there, but my husband's(which he did from India) was nowhere mentioned. So got another medical done on the photocopy that he took of the original medical paper.
In CAIPS it says that file has been put in the storage area, and will be picked up on 9th March.

I don't know what is going on. Anybody in the same boat, what should I do, I sent a FAX to buffalo, but no response, this was long back.

Any help, suggestion would help.

Thanks

Hi g_m111 , AnotherSetBack

Hi g_m111 , AnotherSetBack

Can you pls let us know about some thing that forum wanted to know.
Why u are getting ur interviews at LosANgels , not at another place.
Did ur present address is under LosANgels region (like states CA , Nevada etc..)
Can u pls let us know the reason " why u are interviewd at Losangels , not at other canada consulate"

Tahnks
Kota

Then nobody will choose LosAngels as interview center , as it is awfully slow.

Any comments from other members of forum???

Thanks
Kota

Fellow LA Forumers,

LA is slow, but the reason given by Buffalo in their
transfer letter is to 'expedite the processing'.

Go figure!

Detroit does a good job of at least posting the status
of File Numbers that they are processing.

- mark

Can anybody reply , how u get LosANgels as interview center.
Is it because ur present stay is under LosANgels area or
some other reason.

We apprciate ur help/knowledge sharing abt this.

Tahnks
Kota

New york has too much load. LA has least load.

New york has too much load. LA has least load. No idea about Detroit. So, even you give preference or not. Authority transfers your case to LA. Thats what my friend's lawyer says.

My friend was staying in Chicago. he never preferred LA, but he got interview arranged in LA.