Any LA Transfer cases/Interview dates?

Kota:

They clearly mention that it is not necessary that you will get the interview city you mentioned in your application.

Just go and enjoy the great Los Angeles for 1 day. :D

Mayank

Hi Mayank / Others,

I have received an interview call on March 1st from the LA office. Among other documents, they've asked me to bring along police certificates. I did send these certificates from FBI when I filed my application in Feb 2002. Do I need to get the police clearance certificates again ?? I don't think I'll be able to get them before March 1st. What to do if I don't get them back ?

Also please let me know what kind of documentation / format is needed for demonstrating proficiency in English. I have been living and working in the US for almost past six years, will that be enough ? I can get work experience from my current employer indicating that the medium of communication and correspondence at work place is English.

Pls reply soon.
Thanks a lot !

Rakesh

Rakesh:

Good luck on ur interview. It should be piece of cake for you.
Well for police certi and english certi; it should not be much prob.

Police Certificate: You can get that from your city police station/county administration indicating you don't have any criminal record in the city and county. These certificates you can get within a week. You don't need certificate from FBI.

English Proficiency: I applied in India and used certificate from my university saying that I have studied 9 years there and medium of instructions was strictly English. I am sure you can use your employer letter in US. Also, they will figure out ur English in interview anyway.

Mayank

Thanks Mayank !! Thats encouraging news. I'll try to get it from my city/county police office. But I still wonder why the interview letter came with a page containing instructions for getting FBI clearance. I guess it might be a generic letter send out to everybody regardless of whether they have submitted the FBI clearance or not.

Rakesh

Rakesh:

If it is mentioned specifically for FBI clearance, then better you do get that from FBI ASAP.

Mayank

Hi rakesh_rawat

Hi rakesh_rawat

Can u pls post ur time lines.

ANd at the same time can u pls mention , whether u have opted for LA center for interview in ur application.

Can u also pls let us know , what the present address according to ur appliation.

Thanks
Kota

Hi rakesh_rawat,

This is another request to post your timeline
(Application date, receipt date, transfer date? etc.)

Was your case transfered to LA office from Buffalo?

Appreciate any response(s).

Mark

Fellow LAForumers,

This is the last LA Tracker update, I believe.
Folks already on the list, could you please update this with any
progress?

Folks not on the list, could you add your name to the list with
your timelines and recirculate?

Thanks,
mark

LA Tracker
==================================================

Name--> Applied--> AOR -->Transfer-->Intvw-->Medical->Landing

annies-> 04/02 -->09/02 --> 05/03 --> mm/yy -> mm/yy -> mm/yy
MarkIvan>04/02-> 08/02--> 05/03 --> mm/yy -> mm/yy -> mm/yy
swancascade-> 04/02->08/02->05/03/->mm/yy->mm/yy->mm/yy
Enquirer->04/02 -->08/02 -->05/03 --> mm/yy -> mm/yy -> mm/yy
kanna98-> 12/01--> 02/02--> 03/03 --> 03/03--> 04/03 -> mm/yy
g_m111--> 12/01--> 1/02 --> 06/03 -->Y(7-10 months wait)--> 4/03---> mm/yy

My case was filed in Feb 2002. It got transferred from Buffalo to LA sometime in July/Aug 2003 (will have to dig up the letter to find exact date). I rcvd a letter from LA around 10th Jan 2004 that I'll have an interview on March 1st.

Rakesh

Got letter from LA sayn init assess complete...

... and they expect to finalize my application without interview, which is not necessary at this time but may be called for by visa officer later on (hopefully no need). They told me to submit following addtl docs within 90 days:

1. Updated FBI cert
2. Proof of funds
3. Proof of US visa status
4. Employment cert from current employer

Also got medical forms which I need to submit only after 3 months from the date of the letter which is Feb. 3, 2004. Plus I can already pay for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee.

This is good news for me and my wife. Although we are set to leave on Feb. 19, 2004 since our H1B visa is at 6 years already, we might be able to pull this off without an interview here in the US. There's no harm in trying, right?

Anyways, our plan is to notify LA of our change in residential addess and leave a US mailing address. We'll start requesting fingerprint card from FBI and maybe (it's a stretch but desperately hoping) we can fingerprint here and submit to FBI while in the US. The rest of the docs and medical we can do from the Philippines, which is by the way our native country.

Any advise on my situation will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Annies,

Local police departments have the FBI FingerPrint Form,
No need to request FBI for that form.

Good luck!

mark

LA tracker

LA Tracker

sanksin77->04/02 -->09/02 -->11/03 --> 03/04 -> mm/yy -> mm/yy

LA Tracker

LA Tracker

annies-> 04/02 -->09/02 --> 05/03 --> N -> 05/04 -> mm/yy

Hello LAForumers,
I am new to the forum and I am glad we can share information through this forum as we wait for an interview or a notice of interview waiver from LA. I have updated my timeline here.

LA tracker

Ohenry->04/02 -->09/02 -->05/03 -->mm/yy --> mm/yy -> mm/yy

Interview in LA

Hi Guys,

I have received the initial assessment form from Buffalo. The dates are like this

APPlied Jan 2003
Received Feb 14 2003
Assessment completion date Jan 20 2003

I have received the Medical forms also and they have told me to wait for the medical until I get interview date from LA Imm Office. Is it true that LA office is slow in processing scheduling the interview? Anybody could share their experiences of interview? Do they give details of documents required at the time of interview?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

meetme

Interview!!

Hi Forum,

I am attending the interview on 03/16/2004 at the LA consulate. I am pretty confident that I will be through as I score 70+ points, IETLS score 7+, 5 years of US experience and have all other documents to justify my case. Still, to make my case stronger- - if anyone in the Forum can advise me something, that would be great and I will really appreciate that.

Please share your knowledge if you know anything about the interview process.

Thanks,

sankskin 77

Hi,
Did you take and submit IELTS score before or after initial assesment. ie did you submit good IELTS score before assesment and still receive LA interview.
I am trying to see if there is a correlation between submitting good IELTS score prior to assesment and getting an interview waiver.
Thanks

Hi Folks:

I have my interview in LA in march. I think they'll ask my status in US. I filed for AOS last year, but I'm still working on H1B i.e. haven't used EAD yet. What shall I tell them about the status: H1B or AOS. Will the fact that I've also filed for US GC and am in the AOS state affect the Canadian GC decision??

Thanks,

Rakesh