Any LA Transfer cases/Interview dates?

Hi texancanadian ,

I took the IELTS exam after I got the assessment letter from Buffalo consulate.

Thanks,

sanksin77

When did you first apply for the canadian Immigration. I applied in Dec 2002 and I got reply in Feb 2003, I got another reply last week saying That my case has been transfered to LA for an interview. They have also sent me a medical papers along with this letter. They told me it will take in 7 - 10 months for the file to be tranafered for an interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
aminjinnah ,

You should get the interview letter within a month or two. LA consulate is moving very quickly these days.
I also got my medical papers along with the assessment letter but I have decided to take medical test after the interview only, just to be on the safer side.

Thanks,

No news Whats going on with LA/ ? Is the transfer to LA was to speed up the cases or to just through us in dark hole.

Hi Guys,

we already received initial assessment last February(no interview required), we just had our medicals this april. We are requested to send some more latest documents and also ROLF.

Although, our challenge right now is the US FBI police clearance, they've returned it to us because I didn't sign the cover letter, they say both me and my husband should sign. But the thing is they didn't tell it as a required procedure. We have to pay double for FedEx just because of this problem and double the waiting time.

LA tracker
==================================================

Name--> Applied--> AOR -->Transfer-->Intvw-->Medical->Landing

annies-> 04/02 -->09/02 --> 05/03 --> No -> 04/04 -> mm/yy
MarkIvan>04/02-> 08/02--> 05/03 --> mm/yy -> mm/yy -> mm/yy
Ohenry->04/02 -->09/02 -->05/03 -->mm/yy --> mm/yy -> mm/yy
swancascade-> 04/02->08/02->05/03/->mm/yy->mm/yy->mm/yy
Enquirer->04/02 -->08/02 -->05/03 --> mm/yy -> mm/yy -> mm/yy
kanna98-> 12/01--> 02/02--> 03/03 --> 03/03--> 04/03 -> mm/yy
g_m111--> 12/01--> 1/02 --> 06/03 -->Y(7-10 months wait)--> 4/03---> mm/yy
sanksin77->04/02 -->09/02 -->11/03 --> 03/04 -> mm/yy -> mm/yy

Hi annies Congratulation.

Can you please tell us more about your case status like did you have to give Tofel or any english prof. etc your marks etc. and did you showed knowledge of french etc.

Hope we will hear some thing soon from them too. As of today looks like nothing has moved in our case as all of my dates were same as yours.

Any updates, LA Forumers?

Fellow LA Forumers,

I was wondering if any one's case is as delayed as mine?
Applied Mar 2002, no comms from LA yet.

Any responses are appreciated.

Thanks,
mark

annies said:
Hi Guys,

we already received initial assessment last February(no interview required), we just had our medicals this april. We are requested to send some more latest documents and also ROLF.

Although, our challenge right now is the US FBI police clearance, they've returned it to us because I didn't sign the cover letter, they say both me and my husband should sign. But the thing is they didn't tell it as a required procedure. We have to pay double for FedEx just because of this problem and double the waiting time.

LA tracker

Hi annies, Did you go through a lawyer or you applied on your own. I have applied on my own. Does that make any difference.

LA Interview

Hi,

My timelines are like this

Applied Jan 2003
Initial Assessment: Feb 2004
Interview Call Letter: June 2004
Interview Scheduled : Sept 2004 at LA Consulate

Any interview experiences at this center? My specific questions are around these

1. Do I need to do Medicals now or after the interview?
2. Do I need to pay any fees at the interview?
3. What about the FBI fingerprinting?

Thanks for all participating in the forum. This is very helpful.

meetme

faxes to LA, does that work

Hi

Will sending faxes to LA help? Do they reply it ever?
Is their any other cheaper way to get the CAIPS done? I have paid US 45 twice in the past years.

Is their any phone number that we can inquire about our case from?

Any advice effective in getting in touch with them would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi GM What did you find out with your CAIPS notes I used www.caipsnotes.com and they charge 30.00 . Did not got the notes yet. How much time usally takes to get the CAIPS notes. We send a fax to LA last November and got a responce in Jan. So that means they usally takes about 3 months to reply a fax. What happen to your Interview.? or Medical?

Hi

My lawyer in canada says that he has paid $45 each times. I know caips has different charges according to the level of detail. There is one for $60 or 65 that they will interpret and send those notes too.

Anyways you will get the caips in 4 weeks time, they usually say 4-6. It is helpful, but it needs to be interpretted right.

I guess there is no other option than caips and fax.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my medicals in May03, and interview date to be scheduled. I sent the medicals in, nothing ever since.

In order to get the Caips Notes one has to be the legal resident (citizen) of canada and it only cost $5.00 but the companies charge some thing btwn $30-60.

What did your lawyer say about your case and why is it taking so long. I see your time line and you filed in 12/01.
Our case was filled in 04/02 and nothing happen since then other then transfered to L.A. for faster processing :( . Did Caips notes helped you to find out why your case took so long?
As people filled even after one year in 03 are already landed in canada. :confused:

Hi

Yah, it is so frustrating. I interpretted the notes and I found out that they want to investigate on my education.

I don't know when they will schedule the interview. My lawyer says all is well, and also that there is no way we can find out except CAIPS.

My medicals have expired too, I don't what to do?

Thanks

Hi,

How the medicals can expire? They specifically say, the medicals to be done only after getting the scheduled interview date. Am I missing something here?

meetme

g_m111 said:
Hi

Yah, it is so frustrating. I interpretted the notes and I found out that they want to investigate on my education.

I don't know when they will schedule the interview. My lawyer says all is well, and also that there is no way we can find out except CAIPS.

My medicals have expired too, I don't what to do?

Thanks

How long does it take to investigate regarding your educational certificates. Its been almost 3 years since you applied. Is your lawyer not advising you to tell your school or college to send the reply ASAP or is there not another way for you to obtain your certificates mailed directly to canada embassy by your school etc. :eek: