Any LA Transfer cases/Interview dates?

Please help......
Hi everyone, I applied in Buffalo, After IA, I was asked to complete my medicals and send additional documents to Buffalo. Both are done, sent my docs on March 10th.
When I applied last year, I put place of interview as LA. I'm not sure if I will have an interview. But in case I have an interview, it will be at LA right. Will this be considered a 'FILE TRANSFER' case?. Will this type of case take longer time than cases if you opt for Buffalo as Interview place. I'm planning to go to India for about 4 months. I'm unable to plan decide when to go because of this. Could someone please advice what I should do, when is the appropriate time for me to take a break. Please help. Thanks in advance.

anyone with recent call for interview?

Thanks MeetMe for your resonse, going by your timeline I should expect a call
sometime soon.

Has anyone receieved an interview call recetnly? Please let us know when did
u recieve the letter from Buffalo about file transfer to LA?

Chandra

Hi Wilson,
I received such a letter back in July last year and I sent the document then.
I haven't recieved any call for any interview so far. From my experience it takes more
than four months since the first letter to the interview call. Again this is my experience,
I might have been among the unlucky ones.

chandra_sf said:
Hi Wilson,
I received such a letter back in July last year and I sent the document then.
I haven't recieved any call for any interview so far. From my experience it takes more
than four months since the first letter to the interview call. Again this is my experience,
I might have been among the unlucky ones.

Thanks chandra for sharing your experience. So, did u apply in Buffalo and choose LA as the place of interview. Was your's considered a 'transfer case'.
The letter you received, was it for interview in LA.
I submitted all the docs they asked after IA and also medicals. Do you think I can go in April and return in 4 months time. Only thing I'm concerned about is, if they ask me for more additional info for which I need to be here in person. Please advice me.

Hi David,
I am not sure if my case was considered xferred. I assume it would be xfer from buffao
to LA.

There is no letter / nothing from LA yet. Buffalo only sent coupld of letters july 04, saying that
interview will be needed and asking for docs / medical and then in Oct 04 saying that my file is sent
to LA.

Since Late october i am waiting from some sign of life from LA and still waiting.
Can't say how your case progresses with them.

LA interview scheduled .. finally.

Dear Friends,
I finally got an interview call from LA (End of June) after waiting for
quite some time ( buffalo said interview required in July 2004 and trasferred
the case to LA in October 2004).

I have few question about LA interview.

1. Do they ask general question about Canada? Is it a deciding factor in
their decision making?

2. If everything goes fine:
a. Do they stamp the passport right away?
b. Keep the passport for stamping?
c. Request passports later?

Also I recently got married (after recieving interview letter), the letter
says I shouldn't update them any new information till the interview time.
So I will have to add my wife to this application at interview time and
her papers are not complete ( medical, police clearance from home
coutnry etc.) even though my documents are complete.

The reason for my concern here is that a few weeks after the interview
date, I need my and my wife's passport for a month long trip outside
US.

Can someone share information based on their experience and knowledge
as what to expect at LA?

Thanks Folks!
Chandra

Finally GOT LA interview date

Hi,

After long waiting, I have my LA interview scheduled in March 3rd week. Interview officer send me the standard letter, with questions like PCC, English test/explanation letter, Bank Statement, work experience letters, Educational.....etc.

I send request letter to Indian Consulate for PCC and fingerprinting report to FBI last week and can someone please let me know how long it takes to get both of these reports?

I also need help on my interview, we have two kids, as we don't have any friends in LA, can we take them to the consulate office and let them stay outside room?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Sree

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview

You can take your children with you as your wife will not be interviewed.

Sree_Manikanta said:
Hi,

I also need help on my interview, we have two kids, as we don't have any friends in LA, can we take them to the consulate office and let them stay outside room?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Sree

recommended Interview dress code

Guy, does anyone know/recommended dress code for the LA interview?

Do we have to wear the suit? or casual dress is good enough?

Thanks in advance.

Dress

Sree_Manikanta said:
Guy, does anyone know/recommended dress code for the LA interview?

Do we have to wear the suit? or casual dress is good enough?

Thanks in advance.

Wearing a suit is recommended. Everyone I saw at the time of my interview were formally dressed. Even people who come for a tourist visa.
I wore a Navy Blue Classic Suit. I would definitely recommend not going casual.
My spouse too was dressed formally.

Jaideep Asokan.

Nijil said:
Wearing a suit is recommended. Everyone I saw at the time of my interview were formally dressed. Even people who come for a tourist visa.
I wore a Navy Blue Classic Suit. I would definitely recommend not going casual.
My spouse too was dressed formally.

Jaideep Asokan.
Jaideep, thanks for all your help!!!

Expected waiting time for finalization after interview at LA

Hi guys! great forum. Can any one tell me how much wait is expected for passport request (finalization of the case) after the interview at LA. Following is my timeline:
Applied: May 2003
IA: July 2004 (Interveiw required, transfer intimation to LA along with Medicals)
Transfer to LA: Feb 2005
Interveiw: Oct 2005
Additional doc sent: Nov 2005
Medical: Dec 2005
Additional doc sent: Jan 2006

Now when and what can I expect? I will appreciate any experiences or guesses? Thank you.

sittingDuck said:
Hi guys! great forum. Can any one tell me how much wait is expected for passport request (finalization of the case) after the interview at LA. Following is my timeline:
Applied: May 2003
IA: July 2004 (Interveiw required, transfer intimation to LA along with Medicals)
Transfer to LA: Feb 2005
Interveiw: Oct 2005
Additional doc sent: Nov 2005
Medical: Dec 2005
Additional doc sent: Jan 2006

Now when and what can I expect? I will appreciate any experiences or guesses? Thank you.
I am still waiting for interview, so I am not sure the process time, can someone please answer this question?

Could you please share your interview experience?

Thanks

File transferred to LA

Hi,
I got a letter stating that my file has been transferred to LA and officals there will process my applicationa and will review if interview is required.

What does this mean?

Thanks.

update from Interview?

hi Kenny04,

I think you have attended your interview on Feb 07th, right?, I hope everything went well for you. Could you please share your experience?

Thank you,
Sree

vvdv2003 said:
Hi,
I got a letter stating that my file has been transferred to LA and officals there will process my applicationa and will review if interview is required.

What does this mean?

Thanks.
You need to wait for decision (from LA). I think it is going to take a while (approx 2 months to 15 months or so) to get any news from LA. You may want to order CAIPS notes to see what flag might cause your file transfer.

Thanks
Sree

IA recd alongwith medical forms

I am not a regular here but had got some excellent advise from Kenny04 in Oct'05 when I initiated the process. Thanks Kenny04! Now I have some questions and I hope to get advise again from the Gurus...

AD 02/08/06
RD 02/09/06
IA 02/14/06
RD 02/17/06
Interview Waiver
Medical forms received

I had attached the Police report from Indian consulate in SF, IELTS result, FBI report, local police reports, Proof of Funds, and all other possibly conceivable documents along with the app.

Please enlighten me about the next steps...I am curious to know more about tentative timelines based on experience.

1) Does it help to send the 2nd installment of Fee alongwith the medicals? Does it speed up the process of Passport stamping?
2) I have a chronic allergic cough (non-smoker) that lasts all of spring pollen season. What view is taken of such health issues during the Medicals? Shall I wait longer and ask for extension till it gets better?
3) Is it a risk to send the Fee if Medical does not turn out well?
4) How long after I send the Medicals if all goes well?

Thanks! :)