Any January filers out there?!?!

Thank You for the thoughts and prayers.... I will definately post the experience.

Timeline
ATL-DO
Entered US 1997-changed status to F-1.
Married USC- 08-06-2007:D
1/4/08: Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-864- Chicago Lockbox
1/08/08: Received receipt for I-130, I-485 and I-765 from USCIS
1/10/08: Case added online on USCIS Website
1/16/08: Received Appt notice for Biometrics
2/06/08: Biometrics Appointment
2/13/08: Case added online on USCIS website.
2/28/08: Online status says "Card Production Ordered"
3/3/08 : Got EAD card
3/18/08 : Recd. IL Scheduled for May 8th.
Pray for us for this to go well.
Will post update tomorrow.

Nakisai, good luck for your interview tomorrow.
Atlanta_brother, hope you can have your interview when you show up on May 13. You never know. Good luck.

Interview on the 13th

Nakisai, good luck for your interview tomorrow.
Atlanta_brother, hope you can have your interview when you show up on May 13. You never know. Good luck.

Yeah Rose, let's hope my trip to Atlanta all the way from Boston pays off. The thing is when I spoke to the officer at Atlanta DO on Monday, he was able to verify that my file is not there yet as most of you must have suspected anyways plus my wife is not even on the schedule for May 13th. Having said that, still showing up for the interview would be a good idea? What do you all suggest? Please advice.

Thanks.

Why not!

Yeah Rose, let's hope my trip to Atlanta all the way from Boston pays off. The thing is when I spoke to the officer at Atlanta DO on Monday, he was able to verify that my file is not there yet as most of you must have suspected anyways plus my wife is not even on the schedule for May 13th. Having said that, still showing up for the interview would be a good idea? What do you all suggest? Please advice.

Thanks.

Well, I don't want to sound pessimistic but based on those facts you stated I think there is a very little chance that you would get your interview on May 13. But if you made an infopass you should definitely go and see what they tell you. There is no harm in that besides it's always good to kind of push them.

Thanks Rose

Well, I don't want to sound pessimistic but based on those facts you stated I think there is a very little chance that you would get your interview on May 13. But if you made an infopass you should definitely go and see what they tell you. There is no harm in that besides it's always good to kind of push them.

Thanks for the motivation and your positive feedback. Will keep u all posted. Let us know when you receive your EAD card, alrite.

See yaa

Hi All,

We went for the interview as scheduled. The traffic was insane but we got there on time:
We were called in earlier than our appointment time.
The lady was very humble and nice, she asked the following:
Let me see your ID's"?( me and hubby-usc)
Can I have your passport and I-94( me)
When did you last enter the US?( me)
Have you left the country since?(me)
Please state your current address?(me)
Your SSN?(me)
She then said my hubby's SSN and asked him if it was correct.
She then asked me how and where we met? we met in 2000
When did we start dating? I said one year after we met.
She asked whether we lived together before getting married( answer is no)
She asked him where we got married?
She asked if we have pictures( we had less than 10 pictures of us and family)
She asked him who are in the pictures.

Finally she asked for anything else we might want to show her to prove our marriage is bonafide...we gave her insurance docs, joint account bank statements, medical insurance cards and statements.
Then she asked me all the questions on the I-485 about prostitution, terrorism, polygamy, genocide etc etc all answers were no.

She took our ID's and passports, went and made copies and then announced that the interview went very well and that she has approved the application to change status to permanent resident and that I will receive my conditional GC in the mail in 30-60 days or something like that. Then she proceeded to tell me the procedures of removing the conditions.
She said congratulations and asked me to destroy my EAD when I receive the GC.

Basically the whole process was approximately 15 mninutes and we were done: ;)

Thats my experience... wish you all January folks the best in your pursuit and I will be remembering you all in my prayers and hoping that your process is as swift as mine.

Now I need to think of s sandy beach with coconut trees for vacation... ;):D:D:D

Well done

Hi All,

We went for the interview as scheduled. The traffic was insane but we got there on time:
We were called in earlier than our appointment time.
The lady was very humble and nice, she asked the following:
Let me see your ID's"?( me and hubby-usc)
Can I have your passport and I-94( me)
When did you last enter the US?( me)
Have you left the country since?(me)
Please state your current address?(me)
Your SSN?(me)
She then said my hubby's SSN and asked him if it was correct.
She then asked me how and where we met? we met in 2000
When did we start dating? I said one year after we met.
She asked whether we lived together before getting married( answer is no)
She asked him where we got married?
She asked if we have pictures( we had less than 10 pictures of us and family)
She asked him who are in the pictures.

Finally she asked for anything else we might want to show her to prove our marriage is bonafide...we gave her insurance docs, joint account bank statements, medical insurance cards and statements.
Then she asked me all the questions on the I-485 about prostitution, terrorism, polygamy, genocide etc etc all answers were no.

She took our ID's and passports, went and made copies and then announced that the interview went very well and that she has approved the application to change status to permanent resident and that I will receive my conditional GC in the mail in 30-60 days or something like that. Then she proceeded to tell me the procedures of removing the conditions.
She said congratulations and asked me to destroy my EAD when I receive the GC.

Basically the whole process was approximately 15 mninutes and we were done: ;)

Thats my experience... wish you all January folks the best in your pursuit and I will be remembering you all in my prayers and hoping that your process is as swift as mine.

Now I need to think of s sandy beach with coconut trees for vacation... ;):D:D:D

nakisai,

Congrats on passing your interview. I am glad one more January filer is done and out of the way. I am glad your process went smooth and the lady (IO) wasn't that tough either. We have our interview scheduled for Tuesday,May 13th. It was later cancelled actually but we plan to still take our chances & show up on Tuesday the 13th & take it from there. Please advice if there is anything specific that we should look out for. I am going to be taking joint stuff such as leasing paperwork, bank /credit card statements along with car insurance cards, pictures (vacation & with kids), my tax returns, marriage certificate, birth certificates of everyone including kids....hmmmm whatlese...let me know if u think of anything in specific.
Again, congrats and let us know when you receive your GC to get an idea how long it takes before you actually receive it in the mail.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 20th
Interview Date: May 13th @ 8:30am
Interview cancelled: April 7th

Last edited by a moderator:
Nakisai...thats great!! congratulations
I hope mine go as smooth as urs

Good Luck To All

Atl-Bro.... The list of things you intend to take with you are sufficient in my opinion. I a praying that your trip to ATL from Boston will be worthwhile. Did they tell you why they cancelled your interview? Was it an administrative error or what?

I see many of those waiting for EAD's and Interviews have RFE's is that a "request for evidence?" I am just curious because it seems many people have been getting the RFE's and I never got one.. ( I am not complaining) just wondering...

Atl-Bro.... The list of things you intend to take with you are sufficient in my opinion. I a praying that your trip to ATL from Boston will be worthwhile. Did they tell you why they cancelled your interview? Was it an administrative error or what?

I see many of those waiting for EAD's and Interviews have RFE's is that a "request for evidence?" I am just curious because it seems many people have been getting the RFE's and I never got one.. ( I am not complaining) just wondering...

CONGRATS Nakisai on your speedy, RFE free approval :D

Congratz! on your approval! Go and enjoy life free of immigration problems, REF, Interview letters and last but not least IMMIGRATION MISTAKES! (LOL!). Hang in there guys we are all going to make it and live the dream!

I want to post a question to everyone out there while we wait for our Green cards. Hopefully we can give each cool ideas as to how to celebrate our Green cards. The more people respond the more fun it will be so everyone take time to answer!

What is the one thing your looking froward to do once you pass the interview?

Nothere2001: I am going to go to Hawaii for 7-9 days! I already have the plan tickets bought and the hotel reserved. I am going to go see everything on that island, and end joy a much need time with my wife!

Hi I'm new to this thread. It's good to see that there are other people going through the same thing as me because sometimes I feel really alone.

I haven't received my EAD and have called the 1800 number so many times and always get different responses. The first time (MID APRIL) they told me that they were holding on to it because my IL was coming soon. So I waited 2 weeks. Today I called back and the first person said that I had to wait until they were processing EADs that were 30 days after my priority date and then I would be considered out of the processing time (my date is 1/17 and they are now working on 2/5). I called back and a different person told me I had to wait 19 business days to call back if I did not get my EAD by then. Obviously they wouldn't tell me anything about the IL. She did tell me I could make an infopass appointment to find out more information. I'm really frustrated and don't know what to do.

I want to post a question to everyone out there while we wait for our Green cards. Hopefully we can give each cool ideas as to how to celebrate our Green cards. The more people respond the more fun it will be so everyone take time to answer!

Nothere2001: I am going to go to Hawaii for 7-9 days! I already have the plan tickets bought and the hotel reserved. I am going to go see everything on that island, and end joy a much need time with my wife!

Well to answer your question, I don't think getting GC would change my life much! Sure I would have one less thing to be concern about but I was mainly looking forward to get my EAD. The GC only makes the traveling eaiser for me, that's all. To be honest I don't even want to apply for citizenship as long as I can keep the GC as I would lose my danish one if I become US citizen.

Hope you get yor GC soon so you can go to Hawaii and enjoy. I was there last April and it was one of the best vacation I had :)

Make an infopass

Hi I'm new to this thread. It's good to see that there are other people going through the same thing as me because sometimes I feel really alone.

I haven't received my EAD and have called the 1800 number so many times and always get different responses. The first time (MID APRIL) they told me that they were holding on to it because my IL was coming soon. So I waited 2 weeks. Today I called back and the first person said that I had to wait until they were processing EADs that were 30 days after my priority date and then I would be considered out of the processing time (my date is 1/17 and they are now working on 2/5). I called back and a different person told me I had to wait 19 business days to call back if I did not get my EAD by then. Obviously they wouldn't tell me anything about the IL. She did tell me I could make an infopass appointment to find out more information. I'm really frustrated and don't know what to do.

I understand that it's frustrating and specially that every time you call you hear different response. If I was you I would make an infopass and go to your DO and see what they tell you. Sometimes it's really helpful. It was at least in my case which made them to give me the biometric appointment after 3 months.
Good luck

Our plans

I will take a long vacation and first go back home (Pakistan in my case). My kids were born here and it has been almost 5 yrs since my wife went home so we are looking fwd to for a nice vacation together. Let's hope our wishes come true.

Congrats Nakisai! :)

I haven't been on here recently (went back to Canada for my sister's wedding), but I'm amazed that more people haven't been given their IL? Especially those who had their interviews cancelled. :(

I'm still praying for everyone here!

I will take a long vacation and first go back home (Pakistan in my case). My kids were born here and it has been almost 5 yrs since my wife went home so we are looking fwd to for a nice vacation together. Let's hope our wishes come true.

ATL Brother: Pakistan, wow, that seem like a cool place to go to. I do not know why but every time i talked to you i thought you were from Canada :D . I cant wait to visit my family also, i am from Dominican Republic and have not been back in a while.

Hey Guys, I was supposed to have my interview on 15th May which was cancelled and I havent gotten my rescheduled date yet. I am starting to get nervous now. Any ideas what I should do? Or am I worrying unnecessarily????????